Metroplex
Sponsored by

Winter Storm Thread

123,554 Views | 1272 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Decay
Justin2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Justin2010 said:

Think they'll treat i30 between fort worth and Dallas tonight? I'm thinking about driving from fw to work in grand prairie tomorrow morning before it starts sleeting/ice raining again.

Not very familiar with how they handle these situations.

Honestly not sure why you would even bother unless extremely important to get in...just not worth it....maybe you get in and then if things deteriorate throughout the day you will likely regret it....

I cannot stand WFH but its not worth risking injury, risk to others, etc. My job is not that important...some peoples may be and maybe yours is....

Last I heard the roads were supposed to get better by the afternoon. That's the only reason. I hate working from home. Lol
Justin2010
AG

Yordaddy
AG
Ice storm warning now for FW and western counties
planoaggie123
AG
Read this thread.

https://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=122811&start=5640

Now they can lean a bit more "extreme" but yet at hte same time they were more accurate on this event well before the local weather people....

Hope that is true but I just don't trust them...they have missed badly on the temps...
nai06
AG
Justin2010 said:

Think they'll treat i30 between fort worth and Dallas tonight? I'm thinking about driving from fw to work in grand prairie tomorrow morning before it starts sleeting/ice raining again.

Not very familiar with how they handle these situations.

very poorly is your answer.
FincAg
AG
Justin2010 said:

All subject to change right? Like a moving target.

mAgnoliAg
AG
We had just stained and sealed our patio overlay so I had put everything in the yard and forgot to put it back. Quite the drift buildup.

planoaggie123
AG
NIce setup!
mAgnoliAg
AG
planoaggie123 said:

NIce setup!

Thanks I just built all of it within the last few months. Clearly I also forgot to cover the firepit
GarlandAg2012
AG
wangus12 said:

Anybody been out on 75 recently. About to head home

I just crossed 75 at Fitzhugh coming home from work and 75 looked decent but there were lots of film crews set up to cover the evening commute. Take it easy and you'll be OK I think.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
mAgnoliAg said:

planoaggie123 said:

NIce setup!

Thanks I just built all of it within the last few months. Clearly I also forgot to cover the firepit
Just light it up!
nai06
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Made it from Lakewood to 75 & Spring Valley and back no problems. Saw some people getting a tad squirrelly but nothing major. Worst incident was when I was about a mile from home stopped at a red light and a car came sailing through on my left just totally ignoring the light (no brake lights) at about 25-30 mph. It was unsurprisingly a Nissan Altima.

mAgnoliAg
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

planoaggie123 said:

NIce setup!

Just light it up!

What's the density of propane vs ice? Asking for a friend who doesn't want an explosion.
riverrataggie
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

mAgnoliAg said:

planoaggie123 said:

NIce setup!

Just light it up!

What's the density of propane vs ice? Asking for a friend who doesn't want an explosion.

It'll be fine. Just make sure someone holds your beer while you light it.
wangus12
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

wangus12 said:

Anybody been out on 75 recently. About to head home

I just crossed 75 at Fitzhugh coming home from work and 75 looked decent but there were lots of film crews set up to cover the evening commute. Take it easy and you'll be OK I think.
Yeah made it home fine.

75 to PGBT was ugly, but there were trucks out laying brine on the ground. North of PGBT to NE McKinney was in pretty good shape at least for now.
FTAG 2000
AG
Justin2010 said:

Observed vs models have been about 3-4 degrees below what is forecast. NWS still playing catch-up. It'll be colder than forecast.
Yesterday
AG
Fox WAPP doesn't have it getting past 30
mAgnoliAg
mAgnoliAg
AG
riverrataggie said:

mAgnoliAg said:

mAgnoliAg said:

planoaggie123 said:

NIce setup!

Just light it up!

It'll be fine. Just make sure someone holds your beer while you light it.
riverrataggie
AG
There is a big difference in the metroplex on what's going on. My outside digital thermometer showed it got to 31 here in Lakewood today for example. I imagine as one goes west/northwest its changing pretty dramatically.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
mAgnoliAg said:

mAgnoliAg said:

planoaggie123 said:

NIce setup!

Just light it up!

FTAG 2000
AG
Yesterday said:

Fox WAPP doesn't have it getting past 30

This is more in line with the Canadian RGEM model, which has been nails on this event so far. And called it last week when the NWS was still insisting it was going to be in the 60s today.
YouBet
AG
I'll have to get out tomorrow in my RWD two door. That will be fun. Was in it this morning and fish tailing just looking left or right.

I have enough food to get me through breakfast and then Ill have to eat my own hand.
riverrataggie
AG
Was just at manny's in Lakewood. We had to wait 30 minutes. Place was packed!
bagger05
AG
How are the roads? I haven't left the house for anything.
riverrataggie
AG
bagger05 said:

Not bad over here. Things were actually melting some making it really thick slush. That said, it's gonna freeze over tonight for sure.
Coates
bagger05 said:

Most aren't bad in North dallas, bridges are dicey at best.
Yesterday
AG
Just had to pick up some family friends from DFW. Slipped and slid all over on 114/121 getting there in a 4x4 truck. It's solid ice if it hasn't been cleared.
agcrock2005
AG
At about 4 PM today I saw the updated forecast for tomorrow and realized my fam needed groceries. I drove from Argyle to Kroger in Bartonville in 4WD on "slippery" mode and did a 180 on 407 by simply letting off the gas. Front tires stayed put and ass end slid all the way around. Roads were much worse 45 minutes later when I was heading home. Can't imagine how bad they will be tomorrow afternoon.
Lily09
AG
I'm sleeping at the hospital tonight. Worked today and work tomorrow. Coworkers all calling in so those of us here have to pick the slack. Hope I can get home tomorrow night. :/
agcrock2005
AG
When I was sliding around this afternoon I was wondering how the hell you all were able to staff hospitals in this mess and my buddy said he thought people slept at hospitals. Thanks for your hard work.
rsf0626
bagger05 said:

Live on ross just east of downtown. it was mostly slush due the sand and amount of cars driving on the road. Some of the other side streets are a solid layer of ice however and it would not be smart to drive on.

I imagine its all going to refreeze tonight and tomorrow will be a mess once round 2 hits
rsf0626
dave94
AG
rsf0626 said:

bagger05 said:

Live on ross just east of downtown. it was mostly slush due the sand and amount of cars driving on the road. Some of the other side streets are a solid layer of ice however and it would not be smart to drive on.

I imagine its all going to refreeze tonight and tomorrow will be a mess once round 2 hits

I'm over near Cityplace also. Drove from the office in expo park up Washington Ave. and it was frozen but plenty of ruts to drive in from traffic. It all depends on how much of the freezing rain happens and when.
double aught
AG
Lily09 said:

I'm sleeping at the hospital tonight. Worked today and work tomorrow. Coworkers all calling in so those of us here have to pick the slack. Hope I can get home tomorrow night. :/
But it's kind of an adventure, right? Like a sleepover?
FTAG 2000
AG
double aught said:

Lily09 said:

But it's kind of an adventure, right? Like a sleepover?

All the cute nurses run around in their skimpiest pajamas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.