Metroplex
Sponsored by

Winter Storm Thread

123,701 Views | 1272 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Decay
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

Lol had a patient drive all the way from the other side of Shreveport this morning for his physical. Dumbass

Must have a wife and kids stuck at home.
FTAG 2000
Robert C. Christian
AG
Yesterday said:

wangus12 said:

Lol had a patient drive all the way from the other side of Shreveport this morning for his physical. Dumbass

Must have a wife and kids stuck at home.
"Sorry hunny, roads are too bad. Going to have to rough it here, in the hotel room, next to the bar, for the next three days. Well.... Good luck with the kids!".
GarlandAg2012
AG
Any post recent reports on 75? Dog is stuck at a boarding facility because they closed early last night. I want to go get him but don't wanna do something stupid.
FTAG 2000
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Any post recent reports on 75? Dog is stuck at a boarding facility because they closed early last night. I want to go get him but don't wanna do something stupid.
I think the best thing is pull up google maps and map your route. if 75 is red, you know it's bad.

Here's your conundrum - weather is rolling into DFW, only going to get worse today on the roads.

And the main event is tomorrow, when the upper level low that's out in Baja rolls through Texas and brings a ton of moisture with it.

The overnight models were not good, this may not clear until Friday now.
wangus12
AG
riverrataggie said:

george07 said:

I'm supposed to have a vasectomy on Thursday at 11:30. Thinking that may not happen. My wife will probably say it's a sign we shouldn't be done having kids.

What's crazy is you have a patient in Shreveport. What do you provide in regards to extra services that this patient can't let up?
Absolutely nothing that can't wait or be done elsewhere. Not to mention we are straight out of pocket and don't take insurance
GarlandAg2012
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

I think the best thing is pull up google maps and map your route. if 75 is red, you know it's bad.

Here's your conundrum - weather is rolling into DFW, only going to get worse today on the roads.

And the main event is tomorrow, when the upper level low that's out in Baja rolls through Texas and brings a ton of moisture with it.

Damn. Sounds like I should definitely plan to get him today then. Hopefully 4x4 and just staying with the flow of traffic will keep it safe and tidy.
chick79
AG
Thunder with snow right now. Weird.
nai06
AG
I'm supposed to head to Big Bend on Thursday afternoon. I hope this clears up a little by then
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not to be debbie downer, but given the Thursday temp keeps dropping, there could be a little lingering precip, and no sun, even Friday morning is getting dicey for reopening. Could easily still have a big mess Friday AM. We're gonna need temps on Wed to stay a bit higher to where hopefully the ground can stay warm enough to melt this stuff
DannyDuberstein
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

Damn. Sounds like I should definitely plan to get him today then. Hopefully 4x4 and just staying with the flow of traffic will keep it safe and tidy.

Yeah, I'd bite the bullet and do it asap while this sleet is still crunchy vs packed
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I cannot leave even if I wanted to... My driveway is an ice rink.

Thought about getting the golf cart out just to have fun on the street and pull a sled but I wouldn't get it back up the driveway into my garage likely.
Carlo4
AG
Remember when you could mostly drive around last night? Pepperidge farm remembers.
Yesterday
AG
nai06 said:

I'm supposed to head to Big Bend on Thursday afternoon. I hope this clears up a little by the
Should be fine if you can get out of DFW. Interstates should be drivable but slow. Might head south to Austin and then West instead of west through Abilene or even San Angelo.
FTAG 2000
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Thought about getting the golf cart out just to have fun on the street and pull a sled but I wouldn't get it back up the driveway into my garage likely.
Got any plywood handy?

I'd hop the curb and run it up the grass to get close, then throw down some plywood, old towels, mulch, whatever to get it in.
Scriffer
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Got any plywood handy?

I'd hop the curb and run it up the grass to get close, then throw down some plywood, old towels, mulch, whatever to get it in.

Or a winch?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I might take a shovel out there just where the tire tracks would be. Not that bad.

Just got a text that school is officially cancelled tomorrow. So there is that.
nai06
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Got any plywood handy?

I've had luck with cat litter in the past as well.
Corps_Ag12
AG
It's days like this that my wife no longer questions why we need a Jeep
GarlandAg2012
AG
Made it from Lakewood to 75 & Spring Valley and back no problems. Saw some people getting a tad squirrelly but nothing major. Worst incident was when I was about a mile from home stopped at a red light and a car came sailing through on my left just totally ignoring the light (no brake lights) at about 25-30 mph. It was unsurprisingly a Nissan Altima.

fka ftc
nai06 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Got any plywood handy?

Warm, fresh cat blood works do. Plus, it conveniently solves your cat problem.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
double aught
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Made it from Lakewood to 75 & Spring Valley and back no problems. Saw some people getting a tad squirrelly but nothing major. Worst incident was when I was about a mile from home stopped at a red light and a car came sailing through on my left just totally ignoring the light (no brake lights) at about 25-30 mph. It was unsurprisingly a Nissan Altima.

Sometimes you just gotta go to Bone Daddy's. I get it.
FTAG 2000
AG
fka ftc said:

nai06 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Got any plywood handy?

Dead bunny in our yard. Worse comes to worse I'll cut 'er open and use its blood.
Justin2010
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

fka ftc said:

nai06 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Got any plywood handy?

Dead bunny in our yard. Worse comes to worse I'll cut 'er open and use its blood.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Hopefully nobody wants to get into Rockwall via I-30.

FTAG 2000
AG
The Friday, 1/27 NWS forecast for us for today:

Low 60s with isolated showers.
wangus12
AG
Anybody been out on 75 recently. About to head home
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
Left downtown Dallas back towards Denton area on 35. Took about an hour and roads were good until Denton; slipped a few times and side streets are terrible.
planoaggie123
AG
Ok. This was fun. Ready for spring / summer now.....
Yesterday
AG
Went out around noon and roads still had traction. Went out again just now and everything is icing over.
Justin2010
AG
Think they'll treat i30 between fort worth and Dallas tonight? I'm thinking about driving from fw to work in grand prairie tomorrow morning before it starts sleeting/ice raining again.

Not very familiar with how they handle these situations.
wangus12
AG
planoaggie123 said:

I wouldn't mind this if I could stay home.

Nothing screams preventative medicine like telling patients and employees to drive on iced over roads
planoaggie123
AG
Justin2010 said:

Think they'll treat i30 between fort worth and Dallas tonight? I'm thinking about driving from fw to work in grand prairie tomorrow morning before it starts sleeting/ice raining again.

Not very familiar with how they handle these situations.

Honestly not sure why you would even bother unless extremely important to get in...just not worth it....maybe you get in and then if things deteriorate throughout the day you will likely regret it....

I cannot stand WFH but its not worth risking injury, risk to others, etc. My job is not that important...some peoples may be and maybe yours is....
planoaggie123
AG
wangus12 said:

planoaggie123 said:

I wouldn't mind this if I could stay home.

Nothing screams preventative medicine like telling patients and employees to drive on iced over roads

LOL.

I would prefer this if i could actually go into work

I don't do well stuck at home.....i have already walked around my house like 15 times today just checking things out...
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Driving my neighbor across town because he doesn't have 4 wheel. Been nice knowing you guys.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.