Metroplex
Sponsored by

Winter Storm Thread

122,386 Views | 1272 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Decay
BIMS O1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am fully expecting the school districts to close. An administrator will be concerned about ice on a bridge they cross to get to work, therefore no kids can go to school.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
planoaggie123
AG
BIMS O1 said:

I am fully expecting the school districts to close. An administrator will be concerned about ice on a bridge they cross to get to work, therefore no kids can go to school.

Possible but if they do what they should they will get out early and drive around and see how things really are. At least that is what my dad did when he was involved in such situations working for school district. Shouldn't be based on what maybe could be but is. Kids need to go ahead and get back to school.
DallasAggie89
AG
What am I missing here? Is rain now freezing when the temperature never gets below 32 degrees?

riverrataggie
AG
That's what I don't understand. How does it ice and freeze above 32 now?
Spaceship
AG
POW's latest has no freezing rain in the Metroplex except Denton on the fringes. Let's hope this holds true and nothing gets closed.

planoaggie123
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Freeze misers have held up well for us. I'm a believer.

I've got two neighbors with no water asking for guidance on what to do. It's all PEX plumbing. What should : shouldn't they be doing today?

Mine worked again. Third extended freeze using them. Dumping buckets is the only annoying part but that to me is better than paying a plumber $150+ to replace.

Word of caution though...definitely make sure you thread it all the way on. There is a way to test each before a freeze and I would recommend (test = put in freezer for 1 hour then throw on faucet....it will stream out water and eventually stop assuming you are not testing in already sub freezing temps).

Last Saturday I tested 2 of 3...the third I did not b/c it was "out of box" new so figured no need. Well, I woke up Sunday AM to a frozen spigot. I realized I had not screwed it on right. I was able to thaw the spigot and then put it on and no other issues since.
YouBet
AG
DallasAggie89 said:

What am I missing here? Is rain now freezing when the temperature never gets below 32 degrees?

Can't have drama and a story if you don't make it up.
riverrataggie
AG
Received about 1.75" so far here in Lakewood. This is coming down way more than they thought.

Also, glad it's not 5 degrees colder otherwise this would have been really bad.
FDXAg
AG
Not necessarily a winter storm, but this line looks a bit menacing....
BenFiasco14
AG
Secure small pets to the ground
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
beatlesphan
AG
Bring on the rain!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Danny Vermin
Great, cart path only for tomorrows round.
Decay
AG
More rain. Anything interesting with the temps dropping?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.