Metroplex
Sponsored by

Winter Storm Thread

122,383 Views | 1272 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Decay
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
riverrataggie said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Eerily warm outside right now

Winter is coming.
My sweet summer child.
FTAG 2000
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

AgsWin2011 said:

Are the chances of precipitation about gone? Not seeing any chances on any of my weather apps now.

The national weather service just issued a winter weather advisory for freezing rain tomorrow.

Might need to find a new app.

Pow Ponder on weather app. 50% tomorrow 20% Monday.
riverrataggie
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

AgsWin2011 said:

Are the chances of precipitation about gone? Not seeing any chances on any of my weather apps now.

The national weather service just issued a winter weather advisory for freezing rain tomorrow.

Might need to find a new app.

Looks like tomorrow will be the worst day now of it all.
fc2112
Robert C. Christian
AG
Front just blew in here in Rockwall. See y'all on the other side.
clobby
AG
fc2112
So my beloved comes out with - "gee, grilling these pork chops would be so nice..."

Been married 36 years - I'm not stupid - grilled pork chops we had.
BIMS O1
AG
Just dropped to 33 in north dallas. About 30 degree drop in 2 hours. Crazy.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FTAG 2000
AG
Prosper below freezing. 60-30 a little under three hours.
FTAG 2000
AG
Last update from me tonight. Odds increasing for an ice storm tomorrow evening in the DFW area.

Doesn't change much if you've been paying attention but will put more strain on transportation and the grid.
Decay
AG
It's funny because I knew the forecast but still was surprised when it went from a nice day to a damn cold night. I walked out to the car in a T-shirt and was cussing all the way back into the house.
beatlesphan
AG
Thanks FTAG. I am very appreciative of your forecasts and updates!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Collective
AG
I saw it as us trending more away from moisture last night. At this point, it is about time to stop watching models anyway and see what actually starts to occur. Crazy cold this morning in Parker County. Incredible drop yesterday - love those kinds of days. So damn interesting to me.
AgsWin2011
AG
The Collective said:

I saw it as us trending more away from moisture last night. At this point, it is about time to stop watching models anyway and see what actually starts to occur. Crazy cold this morning in Parker County. Incredible drop yesterday - love those kinds of days. So damn interesting to me.

That's what I said yesterday and was told I needed to get a new weather app/model. Everything I'm seeing now has extremely little to no precipitation.
Aries
I left for Brookshires at 3:00 & it was 59 degrees. Went out to the barn at 5:00 & it was 29 degrees.

Absolute
AG
Gonna be this cold, I would at least like a little snow!
wangus12
AG
I've got 65% chance in McKinney on my weather app which is the highest it's shown all week
FTAG 2000
AG
Still going to be precip for dfw later. The energy doesn't get here until later this afternoon.

That said already seeing faint radar returns around the metro. Nothing sticking... yet.

Think the northern counties have better shot at the snow. Looking like a sleet and ice event for the metro proper. With more coverage on north and east sides.
foulbeast
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Still going to be precip for dfw later. The energy doesn't get here until later this afternoon.

That said already seeing faint radar returns around the metro. Nothing sticking... yet.

Think the northern counties have better shot at the snow. Looking like a sleet and ice event for the metro proper. With more coverage on north and east sides.
This arctic air mass is very dry. Going to take quite a bit of moisture to overcome this for anything to make it to the ground. Dewpoints around town still below zero with temps in the mid teens.
Fannie Luddite
AG
Underground Weather calling for a 15% chance of precipitation.

Maybe the local channels will travel to the Red River where it will be snowing and they can give us the impression they were right all along .
ItsA&InotA&M
Just received a text from a friend driving south on 45. She said there was light snow around Corsicana and drivers were pulling over to scrape ice off of windshields.

Another friend in Frisco said landscape water runoff is freezing on roads. WTF?
FTAG 2000
AG
foulbeast said:

FTAG 2000 said:

This arctic air mass is very dry. Going to take quite a bit of moisture to overcome this for anything to make it to the ground. Dewpoints around town still below zero with temps in the mid teens.

Agreed on the dryness and extreme cold limiting things.
Models still have us getting a quarter inch of ice and sleet for the north and east side of the metroplex.
Garrelli 5000
AG
POW has a chart 1 hour ago showing the freezing rain/sleet/snow by area by hour. 2 of the areas listed are DFW and Sherman.

Some idiot from Prosper asks "are we getting anything in Prosper"?

If she's some Aggies wife I hope she's really really really F'ing hot because mother of God it is the dumbest thing I've read on the internet today.

The Collective
AG
Going to be really difficult to get precip in NTX. Area is way too dry.
FTAG 2000
AG
Moisture plume staying north of dfw on radar.

Not looking great for us
planoaggie123
AG
Some might say that is good. But just us people who prefer beaches
aezmvp
All for snow but not a big fan of getting iced in. Kinda okay with this.
FTAG 2000
AG
I hear ya.

Just bad for those of us wanting the roads to be impassable for work from home purposes.

And explaining to my kids that even though it's this cold that doesn't always mean snow.
Teslag
AG
So the local weather folks predicting no winter storm were right all alon?
PatAg
AG
BenFiasco14
AG
No precipitation is good!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
JR Ewingford
Based on latest discussion just doesn't look like a very significant event.(never was). Mostly south and east of DFW.
riverrataggie
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

No precipitation is good!

Garrelli 5000
AG
Teslag said:

So the local weather folks predicting no winter storm were right all alon?
Very true. The COVID docs are hoping the luck spreads.
FTAG 2000
AG
Getting flurries in Prosper 6:50 pm.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.