Metroplex
Sponsored by

Winter Storm Thread

122,389 Views | 1272 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Decay
fka ftc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just dumped here in west FloMo. From the window. Ground was keeping up with thawing it but anything not touching ground has a brand new sheet of ice on it. Time to really start being careful on any elevated surface.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Yesterday
AG
Heat gun on the concrete is reading right at 32*. Driving on anything but bridges should be fine for the next couple of hours. Tonight is gonna be fun
FTAG 2000
AG
Basically have heavy rain and thunderstorms with precipitation falling through super cold air and turning to sleet in way down.

System is still over performing the models. Encourage everyone to get off the roads the sooner you can, going to be a ****show later.
Decay
AG
Just heard thunder among the sleet and snow. Today is nuts.
Texker
AG
I love thunder sleet except when I'm driving circa '93.
East Dallas Ag
AG
Just got nasty in N Prosper, sidewalks and street are coated, looks to be light snow or frozen drizzle coming down now.
hijakeroo123
AG
Freezing rain/sleet mix has been coming down pretty hard in north Garland for the past 30 minutes or so. Roads are thoroughly soaked.
Yordaddy
AG
Got some moisture in East Dallas for a few minutes. Light glaze. Was a mix of rain drops and some small ice pellets/sleet. Could get nasty later on if forecast holds.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Rain coming down in Rockwall. I was hoping it would hold off in time for me to get the kids from school/daycare. Maybe it won't be too bad for another 1-1.5 hours?
_lefraud_
AG
Yesterday said:

Southlake is closing early and off tomorrow. So dumb.

Why is it dumb?
Yesterday
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Yesterday said:

Why is it dumb?

It wasn't. Keep reading the thread.
Absolute
AG
Would think the road temps and traffic will help them hold okay for a little while, other than bridges and stuff, but imagine it will be bad soon.
planoaggie123
AG
Just got our kids out about 15 min ago....i think likely things will hold up and not be an issue but I did not want to be in carpool lane if things start to deteriorate....
HouseDivided06
AG
Left work about 1:30 in deep Ellum to get to north Dallas area. Definitely icy areas on bridges on 75. Stopped at specs and the elevated parking lot was icy as well. Just fyi.
Phat32
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

Stopped at specs
This guy knows how to prepare
bert harbinson
AG
Had a brief snow shower at work in Carrollton.
wangus12
AG
Anybody have a company that tries to put them in a hotel near the office when bad weather comes lol.

They always send an email out on the day that it starts saying you can stay at the hotel on campus so you can make it to work tomorrow. Doesn't matter that I don't have a change of clothes. Doesn't matter that most patients have already cancelled their appointments tomorrow. It cracks me up.

They act like we are an emergency care clinic when we are simply a private pay preventative medicine clinic
Decay
AG
Phat32 said:

HouseDivided06 said:

Stopped at specs
This guy knows how to prepare

Thanks to this thread I got eggs, bread, milk, and tequila last week
752bro4
AG
What about eggs?
HouseDivided06
AG
Oh I had stuff on hand and went to the grocery store yesterday, but you can never be too careful when homebound!
mosdefn14
AG
No, but we did get an email at 8:05 telling us we could work from home today. I'd already planned on it, but I find it funny they let people know once they're already supposed to be in the office.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Yesterday said:

Where did you see no school tomorrow, that hasn't been determined. I'm assuming it will be though.

Hasn't been communicated out yet.
Decay
AG
752bro4 said:

What about eggs?

Best $20 I ever spent
wangus12
AG
Yep, thats why its funny to me. I guess they expect me to drive home this afternoon to McKinney, get my stuff and back down to Dallas to spend the night sharing a room with someone.
Yesterday
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Yesterday said:

Where did you see no school tomorrow, that hasn't been determined. I'm assuming it will be though.

Wife communicated it to me. So not surprised if it isn't factual. Sorry, disaster thread for me so far.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Yesterday said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Yesterday said:

Wife communicated it to me. So not surprised if it isn't factual. Sorry, disaster thread for me so far.

Fair enough, I'm sure they will. Mines in Coppell and said they're announcing at 4:30.

And not surprisingly local superintendents at comparable schools have giant text strings with they group think these decisions together. That way no one becomes the outlier.
Coates
Far north dallas is barely wet, and what is wet isn't ice.
Ag CPA
AG
Yah, Carroll, GC and Keller usually make these decisions together to help accommodate teachers that live outside of their district.
FTAG 2000
AG
Things getting glazed over here in Prosper.

Been sleeting with a little bit of snow mixed in since about 1:30.

Just got the kids from school, roads already starting to get that skating rink look to them.

Ag CPA
AG
Now getting flurries here in Southlake.
bagger05
AG
Everything is fine in East Dallas. Looks like we might not really get anything at all. Probably would've been okay to keep the plant open all day. But I guess if I could accurately predict the weather I'd be in a different business.
riverrataggie
AG
Just drove back from las colinas to east Dallas via northwest highway. Not bad at all. Just slow.
Danny Vermin
Just drove from Plano to East Dallas. Bridges are in pretty bad shape and I don't plan to leave my house til Thursday more than likely. Anyone saying " it's fine" is fos.
riverrataggie
AG
Everything is fine.

Joking aside I went northwest Highway for a reason. 114 to 35 along that large bridge has to be a mess.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Picked up the kid from school around 130pm here in Prosper. Thankful I did, because my driveway is nice a slick and I don't feel like going back outside.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.