Metroplex
Sponsored by

Winter Storm Thread

123,544 Views | 1272 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Decay
Mateo84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Solid snow coverage on every surface in Frisco:
Estimating 1/2 - 3/4 in where I am
riverrataggie
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Lakewood reporting.....Got a pretty good dusting here. Just walked outside and very few cars on the road. Street is completely covered. Probably going to keep the news on a wait til 10 am or so to head to work.

Same. At least a half inch on ground. If sun comes out around 2 pm. Might make this fun. Lol
beatlesphan
AG
Drove from Farmers Branch to downtown for work. Roads are slick but not as bad as last year's ice event. I'm guessing most areas had between .1-.25 in of snow, very pretty!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bert harbinson
AG
10 a.m. patient still wants to come in. Late start but we're going in.

Lake effect snow in DFW, never thought I'd hear that.
Pepper Brooks
AG
We got a dusting in Carrollton. Enough to close the Montessori so were playing candy land again today.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
FTAG 2000
AG
Pepper Brooks
AG
She always wins.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

Absolute
AG
Everyone else getting the urgent messages from atmos to reduce usage?
Pepper Brooks
AG
Negative
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

akaggie05
AG
Got one last night and one this morning. It's area-specific. The area of concern last night was a box bounded by tollway/Coit/Spring Valley/PGBT.
YouBet
AG
We no longer live in DFW as of October, so I'll report in the from the Coastal Bend. It's 27 here which is below freezing sooner than the forecasts predicted, I think. I covered the more valuable plants but I'm going to lose some again. We've lost at least 50% of our landscape the last two years from freezing which hadn't happened in 50 years and now we have three freezes, three years in a row.
bert harbinson
AG
Easy drive to work straight down Parker Rd from Plano to Carrollton. Middle lane clear, even the bridges. Snow is blowing off with wind and cars passing through.
JR Ewingford
Zero issues driving
falconace
Got a dusting in prosper. Just drove the wife to a dr appt. Some icy spots but overall not bad
The Shank Ag
Drove Cleburne to Alvarado this morning. Only time I had any traction issues was turning on residential streets where there was a low lying spot. Guessing it already had some water build up.
riverrataggie
AG
Honestly it was likely due to people having their sprinklers run. The amount t of Sunday morning sprinklers I saw going was mind numbing yesterday.

Loved how they wrapped and covered their plants. But then ran the sprinklers on them and had nice ice sculptures
PatAg
AG
Feel like the ice on roads is going to rear its head towards the end of the day/overnight.
Anyone saying "no issues" actually have to take any overpasses or bridges?
FTAG 2000
AG
Tomorrow morning is shaping up to be worse on the roads. Vehicles driving today and sun forecast later will help melt. Then we get another shot of arctic air tonight along with strong north winds.

Everything refreezes tonight and then we have ice on the roads tomorrow.
wangus12
AG
Barely any depth in NE McKinney. Like someone did a once over with powdered sugar
Naveronski
AG
Is this the photo thread?

Dusting of snow this morning, but makes it a good WFH day.

My son is over it, though.
Yesterday
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Tomorrow morning is shaping up to be worse on the roads. Vehicles driving today and sun forecast later will help melt. Then we get another shot of arctic air tonight along with strong north winds.

what is going to refreeze?
FTAG 2000
AG
Yesterday said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Places that actually have accumulation on the roads. Seems more west / mid city.
Yesterday
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Yesterday said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Places that actually have accumulation on the roads. Seems more west / mid city.

The drive from Southlake to Fort Worth was fine. 65 the whole way. Side streets had snow so maybe that will refreeze? Doesn't look frozen though. Just powder. Either way I'm sure school will be cancelled tomorrow.
YouBet
AG
We have some ice down south and our power just went out. I hear my neighbors generator running while I grasshopper here it with no power.

I will be correcting this soon.
FTAG 2000
AG
Yesterday said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Yesterday said:

FTAG 2000 said:

The drive from Southlake to Fort Worth was fine. 65 the whole way. Side streets had snow so maybe that will refreeze? Doesn't look frozen though. Just powder. Either way I'm sure school will be cancelled tomorrow.

Agreed on school. We have a semi retired guy on our street who drives for Prosper. Said he doubts we have school tomorrow due to not wanting kids on potentially cold bus or have parents waiting for their kids at the stop.
riverrataggie
AG
Yesterday said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Yesterday said:

FTAG 2000 said:

I'm sure they cancellled school rest of week. Maybe into February.
riverrataggie
AG
Yesterday said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Yesterday said:

FTAG 2000 said:

My bet is highways and bridges will be fine. Side streets and neighborhoods will be different story.
BadAggie
AG
Any overpasses in Frisco/Plano have ice? SRT/DNT interchange?

TXDOT is showing ice everywhere https://drivetexas.org/?ll=-96.526,31.676&z=7
riverrataggie
AG
I haven't been up that way. But I have been over on 75/woodall/35 and it's not what that map is showing. Most of the highways are good inside 635 it appears.
AggieFactor
AG
Drove this route this morning to work. All the overpasses and bridges were clear of any snow. You could see the wind just blowing it aside. Just grabbed some lunch and ran some errands and 121 from 35 all the way to Preston was bone dry. There is not a cloud in sky up this way. Full sun. Even most of the grass areas are clear.
FTAG 2000
AG
Clouds cleared out way earlier than forecast. Enough sun to melt everything.

Good for clear roads. Bad for the no school and wfh tomorrow fans.
Spaceship
AG
Looks very likely for schools being open tomorrow which makes me happy.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I'm all for it. House will be quiet during work hours tomorrow
riverrataggie
AG
It just takes one student teacher with an icy step to close down the entire district.
riverrataggie
AG
Pool pump area reading 30 now and pool water at 35. Balmy. It is a south facing wall so any sun will warm up fast.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.