*****OFFICIAL DESTINY PS4 THREAD*****

177,341 Views | 2469 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ph.D.Aggies
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also down for 32 PoE and Nightfalls.
Saxsoon
AG
New IB gear is not max level. Was hoping to get boots to max 34.
MBAR
AG
All about IB this week!
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
To the shock of everyone with whom I play regularly -- I will be taking my Hunter into IB, not my Warlock... and I may just be blade dancing!
bevokilla
AG
i will be bringing all 3 of my characters through IB so if you see me on running IB and want to join, send me a message

brisketsangwich
Saxsoon
AG
I am very curious what the boost is on your second and third characters. I would like to get to lvl 5 on my titan, but would love to get my warlock to lvl 3 for a third EL.
dwit392
quote:
I also just tried the "Jumper" control profile, so melee is on R3, jump is R1, and that was a nightmare.

PS controller stick is either too sensitive, or I'm too pushy. I'd keep melee-ing accidentally while running and shooting b/c of R3 sticking.
Jumper might not bad be a bad investment if you want to be good at playing titan (spam/ triple tap the jump buttom to generate speed), but I have just accepted that I won't be the same player on my titan. I do want to try out playing claw sometime, but I know that will be awkward as ****.
kill0509
AG
Anybody willing to let a lvl 34 Titan tag along this week sometime for a ToO run? They have some solid gauntlets I'd like to get this week that need just 5 wins. I'm 80% of the time running with scout rifles on raids and such and would love to pick up those gauntlets. I need to learn how best to play ToO and i'm guessing the best way is just to jump in with folks that have already played it some.
TelcoAg
AG
I'll be rolling a lot this weekend. I'm committing myself to pvp at this point. PoE is fun, but in already a little worn out lol.
bevokilla
AG
Apparently IB is dropping all the weapons not just the spear and timur's lash so go run IB. They are dropping the updated versions though so you can only reroll them to the new perks.

AT&T had better fix my Internet tomorrow
Beau Holder
AG
I'm running the Titan and maybe Hunter in IB and have two more Nightfalls to complete, so just hop in if you ever see me on also.
Dumbdumb
Guess who has a shiny new 365 Fatebringer!!!

Saxsoon
AG
Got to level 2 tonight on IB. Having a much easier go around with it and was surprised several times where I was the highest level on my team (planting the banner) on several occasions. Was expecting more 34s. Definitely was having an easier go around with this IB and have a couple 3000-4000 point games (with some average and not so stellar games thrown in).

Just started using a scout rifle with Explosive Rounds and been doing some damage with it. Also knocking skulls with the Crota Shotgun (just realized it had final round in it, kept reloading). Truth and Thunderlord are godly (never used a machine gun in PVP and got the 3 machine gun spree in two ammo pickups)

Also got my Thorn bounty up another 150 points. about 160 points out to get that sucker.

The bounties this time around are a lot easier to accomplish (15 capture points, the 10000 point one, machine gun spree, melee, and 15 rocket launcher kills). First time I ever completed 5 IB bounties in a day.
Tex117
AG
Is there a trick to ranking up more quickly? I gave it a shot today and really didn't make a dent. I like pvp in this game, but not enough to grind THAT much.
I have the emblems and buy the buff, don't have the class item (but will buy it).

Also, what is the buff for having other characters run IB up to 5?

Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Is there a trick to ranking up more quickly? I gave it a shot today and really didn't make a dent. I like pvp in this game, but not enough to grind THAT much.
I have the emblems and buy the buff, don't have the class item (but will buy it).

No one knows what the buff is like for the other characters.

I ran roughly 15 matches over the course of 4 hours. Never really felt like grinding like in the past because for once I wasn't at the bottom of the level spectrum. I never had more than 3 medallions at one time, and have the shader and emblem (don't have class item on this character). Honestly, the 5 bounties got me half way through level 1 to get to level 2. (5 bounties at roughly 130 exp each did a major dent). It will get easier as the week goes on.
bevokilla
AG
quote:

The buff increases each day throughout the week. Early in the week, if you can complete 4 or 5 bounties, you are making good progress even though it might not seem like it.
Prime0882
AG
Followed Dwit's advice after leveling up my The Last Word and reconfiguring my shotgun layout and have already seen a decent improvement in my PVP k/d ratio. It may be that Iron Banner is a bit more forgiving though. Was routinely in the top 2 -3, or at the head of the pack by a comfortable margin, on my team last night and won more often than not.

Decided to start working on the Thorn bounty over the course of Iron Banner and found that the PVP portion doesn't seem that hard. Got about 100 points into the quest over the course of two games. Thinking in a night or so I can power through that portion if I focus on Iron Banner this week. The Word of Crota isn't the best PVP weapon, but it seems to be working ok (helps that I'm a void lock running around with the Nothing Manacles - get these if you can, the grenades are beastly!)
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
Is there a trick to ranking up more quickly?

Too late for it now, but I intentionally ended the last IB with five loser medallions. I completed the Nightfall last night and then went to the IB. My first win counted 5x because of the medallions. Count the Nightfall bonus and I was 3/4 to rank 2 after three wins.
TelcoAg
AG
How did you intentionally end on 5 losses? Go in with a group?
Prime0882
AG
I thought the Nightfall bonus doesn't apply to Iron Banner?
Streetfighter 02
AG
I killed a couple folks with Atheon's Epilogue last night working on Thorn bounty. That's always satisfying. My first few matches I got dropped in on games that were already running. Had a 10 kill 5.0 k/d and a 19 kill 2.75 k/d. My suspicion is that all the best players are in IB at the moment.
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
How did you intentionally end on 5 losses? Go in with a group?
Nah, it was pretty much the opposite of regular IB ... I pretty much just waited to be dropped into a game already in progress where the losing team had emptied out and it placed me in there already down 4,000.
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
I thought the Nightfall bonus doesn't apply to Iron Banner?
Maybe it doesn't, I don't know. But I bought the IB buff also, so maybe that was what was boosting it. Either way, I played three or four matches with Forrest and then Telco last night and I'm 3/4 of the way to 2, so I can take it leisurely today.
Saxsoon
AG
Nightfall does not affect ib
Tex117
AG
Thanks for the tips. For whatever reason, I guess I just wasn't feeling pvp last night.

That said, going in as a level 34 is really an advantage. I've become a slightly better than average pvper in any normal control match (and improving in skirmish), but IB is making me look like a super hero.
kill0509
AG
Well, ran IB for 2 or 3 hours late last night and on one of my last few matches, got the matador 64 shotgun to drop. Rolled it about 5 times and got this layout: aggressive ballistics, shot package, reinforced barrel, army of one, void burn.

While it's not knee pads or luck in the chamber, i'm good with my shotgun kills reducing the cool down time on my grenades and melee abilities. The void damage was just icing on the cake if I ever want to do the Thorn bounty again.
TefIon Don
AG
Last night I got the Party Crasher, so I'll be re-rolling that today. Hoping for a decent set of perks!

I have the Thorn bounty, but didn't make any progress on it last night. I got frustrated with the WoC, so I switched to TLW and had a lot better results k/d wise. Maybe when I get better at PvP I can knock this out.
Prime0882
AG
Also got a Matador 64 yesterday. Haven't rerolled it yet, but, it dropped with:

Linear Compensator/Field Choke/ Soft Ballistics
Hot Swap
Flared Magwell/High Caliber Rounds/Reinforced Barrel
Luck in the Chamber

Thinking of leaving it as is and going Field Choke and Reinforce Barrel.
MBAR
AG
I wouldn't use it without shot package
dwit392
quote:
I wouldn't use it without shot package

This
MBAR
AG
Nothing inspires rage faster in me than idiots taking zone A on shores of time.
dwit392
Ok, the next post is above specing for armor, recovery, and agility.

Armor

Not surprisingly, this determines how much HP you have.

Hunters have around 188 - 198 HP depending on armor spec

Titans have around 193 - 203 HP depending

Warlocks have around 190 - 200 HP depending

Note: Some of these numbers may be off by 1 possibly 2.

Recovery
Changes the amount of time it takes for your health to regenerate after taking damage and also the speed of that recovery.

The relationship is between the time it takes for your shield to re-gen and your recovery spec is linear.

Agility
This changes your strafe and movement speed. It does NOT affect your sprint speed. This also impacts the magnitude/effect of your jump and double jump.

Note: Some agility modifiers appear to be multiplicative, so running MIDA with high agility makes you move at insane speeds without sprinting. MIDA also increases sprint speed, as does the 'Fleetfooted' perk.

Thoughts:
Is armor valuable?

This depends quite often. It will save you in certain instances:
Tripmines which hit for 194 (unless they stick you)
TLW 111 + 84 = 195
TLW 84 + 56 + 56 = 196
Auto Rifles = irrelevant
Slower death from two thorn headshots = lol, maybe relevant
A few other instances that are pretty irrelevant.

Also it can occasionally save you in random circumstances.

Is recovery valuable?
A solid "yes" is the simple answer. More recovery is always better, however I have run very low recovery builds. Recovery is what you use when you don't "need" armor and agility

Is agility valuable?
Yes, but who really knows how much, it is pretty impossible to quantify how often agility helped/hurt you depending on your build.

I would usually choose different distributions based on the class I play.

Gunslinger - unfortunately these guys have a hard time with jump height so it feels bad to reduce agility too much. I typically will run max armor plus some high agility with 'Over the Horizon' for a little extra recovery, This is certainly not required. This one is pretty much up to you and depends on your opponents.

Bladedancer - If you run agility too low, your super begins to be less effective because you cover less distances with your blink, however recovery and armor have benefits. This one is up to you as well.

Titans - I would recommend running Titan Codex I and VI all the time.

Sunsinger - I typically embrace my role as the slowest class in the game and roll full armor + recovery. Note with the Ram and high armor you have enough health to withstand two thorn headshots.

Voidwalker - This one is pretty much completely up to you, but if you do have the Ram I would consider running high armor.

TLDR: If you face a team of gunslingers toting The Last Word, run high armor.
Vade281
AG
34 POE was brutal with 33 33 34 with all gjallhorns. Had to figure out a strategy without a titan.
Saxsoon
AG
I just played IB out of my mind. Went 24 kills with 6 deaths, 5400 pts, got the 10 kills IB bounty and finally got the Thorn 500 point bounty completed. I have never played that well ever.
Saxsoon
AG
Just got my Thorn

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.