*****OFFICIAL DESTINY PS4 THREAD*****

177,331 Views | 2469 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ph.D.Aggies
Aggie_3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Reddit guy was spot on with XUR predictions i can finally get my warlock to 32 once i get enough shards.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Yeah, picked up a 2nd ice breaker... tired of switching it between characters... also picked up the hunter arms so I don't have to wear the stupid boots... Chest engram gave me a crappy armamentarium. Also xurified my three eyed hunter helm
TelcoAg
AG
Been a crazy week for drops post-patch. Somehow got Fang of ir Yut, oversoul edict, corrective measure, Crux of Crota, Thundetlord, and Crota dropped Red Death for both my characters. Just nuts.

Thanks for putting up with my buddies last night EyeGuy and Redd. They never get to raid so I was trying to carry them as far as I could. Crota was a bit too much.
Beau Holder
AG
I've got nothing. I've missed everything. Somebody want to raid today?
TelcoAg
AG
I may not be able to go today, but can this weekend. Still haven't run HM CE on my Titan, and I don't mind running normal on my Hunter. I'd like the swordbearer practice if I can get it anyway.
AG Custom
AG
Beau. Some friends and I will be running both VOG (normal and hard) and Crota on Hard tonight if anyone is interested. Im sure people will be dropping in and out due to time but we will probably start around 9:00pm central.
AG Custom
AG
that is crazy amount of drops. Looks like both radiant and ascendent energies will be needed in abundance. I got Black Hammer this week.finally
AggieStout
AG
Question:

What are yall doing about vault space and the amount of weapons you keep? I am coming up on very little room available and might have to clean house some.

I have 2 characters and try and keep some spaces open on each weapon class to absorb and dismantle engrams while playing. Recently though i have been acquiring a lot of new weapons (snipers with various burns) and would like to keep them in stock exotic and legendary weapons of the same burn for nightfall use.
AG Custom
AG
It is a huge issue. I hope the next big update or DLC will have extra vault space as there have been lots of complaints about it.
Prime0882
AG
Haven't been following this as much lately, but logged in tonight to see what free legendary Bungie mailed me to log in again (the same legendary auto gun I already had) and poked my head over to Xur to see if I had enough strange coins to get anything.

Luckily, I had enough for the Titan exotic helm and became a Mohawk bro, as the guys on Reddit were calling it. About a sliver of light away from lvl27. That enough to get carried in VoG one day soon? Still never done any of the raids.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
Beau. Some friends and I will be running both VOG (normal and hard) and Crota on Hard tonight if anyone is interested. Im sure people will be dropping in and out due to time but we will probably start around 9:00pm central.
How long does a run take? Possibility that I may log in to try it out tonight if yall don't mind someone that's inexperienced and only lvl 26.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
quote:
How long does a run take? Possibility that I may log in to try it out tonight if yall don't mind someone that's inexperienced and only lvl 26.
JRC --- if it is on normal mode it will take less than an hour if everyone else it 30+ and experienced.. Hard mode can take a bit longer.... maybe 1.5-2 hours if it goes fine and there are no major glitches.
AG Custom
AG
Ph.D. is correct.

Crota on normal takes about 30 minutes with a crew of at least 4 that have experience (good sword bearer and couple of gallas go a long way). Crota on hard can go almost as fast but typically does not as there is not as much room for error and no reviving.

VOG on normal typically takes 1-1.5 hours, hard normally takes about 2 hours but same applies as above (no reviving and less room for error).

XUR has heavy ammo 5 for 1 stange coin. I bought 25 coins worth.LOL Gotta save my glimmer for the weapons.
AG Custom
AG
JRC0811 - I would be happy to help you through VOG on normal or Crota on normal. You will probably die quite a bit but it is part of learning and happens if you are barely lvl 27 as you will not inflict much if any damage on most.

Don't know why i didn't think to find a thread about destiny on TexAgs long ago..NOOB i guess.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
JRC0811 - I would be happy to help you through VOG on normal or Crota on normal. You will probably die quite a bit but it is part of learning and happens if you are barely lvl 27 as you will not inflict much if any damage on most.

Don't know why i didn't think to find a thread about destiny on TexAgs long ago..NOOB i guess.
Awesome I'll pop on in an hour and try it out with y'all. Getting my first exoctic item and a run at a raid might actually help get me going on this again.
MBAR
AG
All my characters are 32 but if anyone ever needs one to run a normal VoG or w/e I'm more than willing to help a fellow Ag out!
Prime0882
AG
I may have had a good run tonight. Ghjallahorn, Found Verdict, and Aetheon' s Epilogue all on my first normal VoG. Also was able to get a new legendary chest piece to replace my blue after running the lvl 24 weekly. Hit level 27 and still need to replace blue gloves... Big thanks to DaybreakAg and his friends, plus the other two Texag guys for running me through!
AG Custom
AG
JRC0811 - I would say that is one of the best set of drops you could hope for. I know a bunch of people who would love to have the Gjallarhorn. You did extremely awesome for being a 26 and never running it. Thanks also to redbaron788 for running with us and having a ton of patience on Crota with the ones who were not very experienced with the end of that raid. We will have to do it again sometime.
FriendlyAg
Anyone want to game today? Me and my old roommate are planning on playing this afternoon. I Have a level 30 hunter and a 25/26 warlock. He has a level 26 hunter.

Looking to do weekly/nightly or whatever else is going on.

Diehardag14
And gnaggie15
AGinHI
AG
Thanks to the Ags here who let me jump in with you in Crucible.

It was embarrassing enough to get my ass kicked around and not offer anything, then my two boys (10 and 8) came home, sat on either side of me and wouldn't shut up about how sucky I was.

My 10-year-old played the last couple of minutes for me (I guess that shows the level I'm at in pvp) and was excited when someone responded to his "Aloha." He thought y'all were funny and wouldn't stop talking about it afterwards.

Jack Burton
AG
Howdy, just got a PS4 and Destiny- my PSN is JackBurton04. Any adds would be greatly appreciated!
Streetfighter 02
AG
Is the check in the mail?
Jack Burton
AG
All I'm saying is that it's a pretty amazing planet we live on, and a man would have to be some kind of fool to think we're all alone in this Universe
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
I remember a few of us ran into this vandal before on a patrol
Prime0882
AG
The weekly nightfall possible at lvl 27? Got the Bad Juju exotic bounty which requires me to kick it off with one of those or a weekly heroic.

All this loot has me farming mats for upgrades. 1st World Destiny problems. On a good note, already unlocked the blind perk for the Saint 14 helm!
AG Custom
AG
I think you have to be lvl 28 for nightfall but not 100% sure about that.

Yeah the more stuff you get the more bounties, telemetry, energy and shards you gotta get.
Beau Holder
AG
Crota tonight, anyone?
meek
AG
If you still need I'm sure I can round up a few my crew to run it for you
Beau Holder
AG
Sorry guys, I got back from the gym and my roommate had the TV for the rest of the night.
Prime0882
AG
The Nightfall, Archon Priest with all burns, sounds kind of easy this week? Not sure if I'll be able to run it until Thursday if anyone is interested in carrying a level 27 through.
Streetfighter 02
AG
JRC- I was planning to be in WTX today, but my job was delayed. However my PS4 is in Pecos. I'll be running it Wednesday or Thursday but if you're on and need a hand I'll be glad to help. With no lightswitch or epic it's going to be pretty damn easy. I'm just not sure a level 27 can run a level 30 strike.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
JRC- I was planning to be in WTX today, but my job was delayed. However my PS4 is in Pecos. I'll be running it Wednesday or Thursday but if you're on and need a hand I'll be glad to help. With no lightswitch or epic it's going to be pretty damn easy. I'm just not sure a level 27 can run a level 30 strike.
I'm guessing so? I just started playing again and saw that the Nightfall was unlocked for me after hitting 27 last week.

It'll all be a moot point if I can get the Urn thing from Xur this weekend in order to complete the little quest for the legendary gloves for the DLC.
Aggie_3
Heck yeah reddit guy was right again! Now if he can just be right about obsidion mind being offered as a helmet this week i may die and go to heaven!
Beau Holder
AG
RNGesus is so weird. I got Obsidian Mind from a yellow engram last week, but my Hunter still has a blue chest piece because I can't find a purple one anywhere.
TelcoAg
AG
quote:
RNGesus is so weird. I got Obsidian Mind from a yellow engram last week, but my Hunter still has a blue chest piece because I can't find a purple one anywhere.

You keep giving your roommate your TV, you may as well give him your chest piece too.

Whenever you want to run we can, Beau. I woke up early and decided to see how far I could solo CE normal in an hour. Took a few attempts to figure out the blink glitch, but I was able to solo through the bridge. You pop radiance and it gets even easier, and that's the highest percentage drop for the chest.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.