*****OFFICIAL DESTINY PS4 THREAD*****

176,429 Views | 2469 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ph.D.Aggies
Boiling Denim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I picked up the Thorn bounty and I don't think I'm going to be able to complete it. The PVP aspect is brutal. I only have a junky shotgun and junky rocket launcher that do void damage. At one point I was up to 35/500 points needed but after a bad match I was back down to 7. Jebus this is frustrating. Any tips would be appreciated.

Any void shotgun plus camping flags on control should get you 35-50 points a match easily. Also I may be wrong but I think you only lose points if you get killed while carrying said void weapon. If you know you're going to lose a firefight i.e. didn't get the jump on a guy switch to your primary and hopefully that reduces your losses.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
quote:
quote:
I picked up the Thorn bounty and I don't think I'm going to be able to complete it. The PVP aspect is brutal. I only have a junky shotgun and junky rocket launcher that do void damage. At one point I was up to 35/500 points needed but after a bad match I was back down to 7. Jebus this is frustrating. Any tips would be appreciated.

Any void shotgun plus camping flags on control should get you 35-50 points a match easily. Also I may be wrong but I think you only lose points if you get killed while carrying said void weapon. If you know you're going to lose a firefight i.e. didn't get the jump on a guy switch to your primary and hopefully that reduces your losses.

It may be boring or frustrating, but try and adjust your play style to complete it. If you have a warlock use all your void abilites for kills. Sit back and snipe on the open maps, shotgun around the chokepoints or halls around zones on smaller maps. Look at the timer and be around the heavy ammo spawn at the 9 min marks. Run away from anything that might be more than just 1v1 etc.
AggieStout
AG
whats said above it spot on, i had to change the way i played completely. basically not caring at all about capturing flag but just killing people around them. I had atheons epilog and a sniper to help out but a void shotgun would of helped out a lot. it took a while but i was getting about 40-50 a match. you just have to grid to get it but its well worth it.
howdydamnit04
AG
Also if you can get your hands on The Calming (void fusion) its great for that.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I think if y'all watched me attempting this it would make the Destiny equivalent of the ESPN not top 10.
jlb2957
AG
So... i'm at level 25. What should I be doing for gear?
jlb2957
AG
Trying to do the crucible, and I never get **** at the end of the round. I've been in first place on kills and last place, on the winning and on the losing team.

I have done it 5 times and have only received 1 blue engram.

What the **** is the formula for this thing?
AggieBob08
AG
Random
Aggie_3
quote:

Do strikes stop screwing with crucibles
Tex117
AG
quote:

This has been covered in a few places, but here are some tips.

Stop Crucible (unless you just like playing it, but don't use it as a means to level up).

However, since you have been playing crucible, what is your rank? Are you rank 3? How many crucible marks do you have?

If you are rank 2, you can buy crucible armor (the gauntles and boots 65 a piece). After rank 3, you get "commendations". This will allow you to buy your chest piece. (65 marks).

This advice is just if you have acquired alot of crucible rep. The quickest way is as follows.

Level up your vanguard to 2. This is IMO much easier than ranking up in crucible as you can clear all the bountes every day. You will hit this in a week if you do the bounties daily. Get to 2. Buy your gauntlets and boots (65 marks a piece). Get passed rank 3 and start getting the commendations. Buy the chest. If you have purchased Crota's End, you can run the Eris quest that ultimately rewards you with some gauntlets that will get you to 31 in the set. This will save on your mark grinding.

While you are doing this. Begin to run the weeklies at the highest level possible. At 25 I think you can do the one that awards 6 strange coins. You will need to team up with some Aggies here. Most will be happy to "sherpa" you to the highest level the game will actually let you go into the fight.

Get 13 strange coins and buy whatever helm Xur has to sell on the weekend for your class. It may take a few weeks for one to come become available. You could buy a helm from the vendor (120 marks), but thats alot of grinding. And you will need to replace it anyway with an exotic.

Level it all up. and you are 31. Go run Crota's End. All the gear here is RNG and you can only get it once per week. Keep running it until you get a set. Now you are 32.

While doing all this, you will need to make sure you are maxing your marks for the week. 100 per week.

You are at the real grind of the game.

Assuming you have ZERO rep (which Im sure you have some). Process will probably take about 2-3 weeks.

Good luck!
jlb2957
AG
Thanks for the info.

I am currently rank 2 with Vanguard and have about 50 marks.

I guess the frustrating part of this game is lack of matchmaking for the runs I need to do.
Aggie_3
If you do the strike playlist they match make you
TelcoAg
AG
quote:
Thanks for the info.

I am currently rank 2 with Vanguard and have about 50 marks.

I guess the frustrating part of this game is lack of matchmaking for the runs I need to do.
Do Vanguard strikes, as those have matchmaking.

Buy vendor gear when you have enough marks + commendations (which you get at each rank increase for each faction at levels 3 and beyond)

If you want to raid you can either catch us when we get on to do it - which is usually pretty random, or:
Jump on DestinyLFG.net and find a group for raids. Wait for this until you hit 29/30 for sure.
jlb2957
AG
Yeah... I jumped on a 26 strike and was lucky I randomly found my LDR 5001. I take out knights like they're nothing.

Hell... I pretty much just keep that gun out and use it exclusively because of how awesome it is.
Tex117
AG
From a purely leveling perspective on the race to 31, you don't really need to be doing content that requires hopping on DestinyLFG.net. You can hop on destinylfg.net for the weekly though.

Strikes should be lower on your priority list on the leveling up train. You can grind public events that reward 4 marks per event. Use destinypublicevents.com You will go to earth, wait for one to start, complete, and run to the next one. Its boring, but you will get your marks. The times I have done this, I have moved to that area, do something around the house...hop on computer...etc....hear it start...complete it, and move to the next one. repeat.

If you have the time today, try and get 45 marks. Reason for this is that, the weekly reset is tomorrow. That means, you could potentially have 195 marks by NEXT tuesday. This will be enough marks to buy all your gear (will need the comendation though). I would very much consider doing the Eris bounty for the gauntlets to save marks. You can also buy marks to buy materials (spinmetal, helium...etc). Will save you alot of time and boring gameplay.
Beau Holder
AG
Getting in late on this after doing some runs with Telco! My PSN is MidnightYell.
Aggie_3
Sorry about not joining earlier Midnight I was finishing the daily with EyeGuy
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I had a fantastic week of drops from Crota. Last Word, Red Death, 3 Hard Mode guns, and a Raid Helmet. This is, of course, three characters.

Tomorrow we get to start it all again, gents (and maybe lady(ies)).
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Nightfall this week is omnigul with Arc, Void, and solar burn. And the weekly strike oddly has just solar burn.
Aggie_3
Hell yes!
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Nightfall this week is omnigul with Arc, Void, and solar burn. And the weekly strike oddly has just solar burn.
So ---- don't get shot by anything, ever?!
Beau Holder
AG
I sent a join request for the clan as well. How did I waste so much time leveling to 30 without coming to find y'all first?

quote:
So ---- don't get shot by anything, ever?!

Challenge accepted.
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
hold up- this is a joke, right? All burns?
Javelina
TelcoAg
AG
Oh my fault.

I didn't realize that was you, Beau. Now the recruiting talk makes more sense to me haha
Beau Holder
AG
Yeah, I caught on a bit later that maybe I wasn't obvious enough.
Aggie_3
Whats funny is i added you as a fried way back when i first got it cuz you ran up to me in the tower nd said hey im an aggie too!

Ive missed out on so many recruiting nuggets!
TelcoAg
AG
quote:
Whats funny is i added you as a fried way back when i first got it cuz you ran up to me in the tower nd said hey im an aggie too!

Ive missed out on so many recruiting nuggets!
Actually, it was more along the lines of not talking about recruiting when you have been talking about recruiting all day, so you didn't miss anything. Unless of course we're recruiting a dude named shrieker, because his name came up a lot.
Bulldog73
AG
Makes me sad I signed off when I did. I especially hate missing raid runs. I do need to run nightfall and weekly tonight.
TelcoAg
AG
Just caught this on reddit. Easily the clutchest moment I've seen in this game.
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
Just caught this on reddit. Easily the clutchest moment I've seen in this game.

that was nuts!
Aggie_3
is anyone down to raid tonight
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
In
Bulldog73
AG
Depends which one and difficulty. I may actually be able to help some levels.
Beau Holder
AG
In.

After the basketball game?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.