*****OFFICIAL DESTINY PS4 THREAD*****

176,443 Views | 2469 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ph.D.Aggies
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where's OilfieldAggie when I want to get to IB rank 4 in a day?
Drake aTm
AG
I tried yesterday (lvl 25) and it definitely wasn't worth it. You're better off grinding the bounties and vanguard. IMO
Saxsoon
AG
That is what I figured. I will probably be on around 11 your time Sal if you are a late night guy if you want to run some strikes.I might also be on around 8 for a strike or two
MBAR
AG
quote:
I don't have one so I can't speak from experience, but I would say no. The roll from Saladbar is pretty meh and I can't imagine any handcannon being better for PVP than Hawkmoon especially when you consider you are going to have to reroll to get decent perks and we dont know what MoL can be used for in HoW yet
Thorn is better than Hawkmoon. Hawkmoon's got the better burst damage nad larger mag, but Thorn's dot prevents recharge for a longer period of time and does more damage overall. It also doesn't need RNG on your side. I have a fully leveled Last Word that I have yet to use. I may give Red Death a shot as well this time around in IB.
MBAR
AG
I'll probably be doing mostly IB this week. I have yet to even do a single NF.
Dumbdumb
Eyeguy awesome job tonight running the sword on Crota!!!! That's the most flawless run I've ever seen. Numbers need to take lessons from you.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
So much fun!
Tex117
AG
Man, I haven't taken down Crota in awhile!

What does everyone think about the Trials of Oasis? Seems, well...seems like I'll never complete that particular end game activity.
TelcoAg
AG
Actually that damn near was a flawless run. If we didn't hit that snag on the first time through Crota, we would've one shot everything.
Beau Holder
AG
Damn I need some raid runthroughs.
Saxsoon
AG
I should be getting there soon guys. Got my first vendor piece yesterday. I will be getting the Arm piece from the crota chick and have enough for either a helmet or a chest piece. I will see what Xur is selling but concievably I could have all top gear by Friday. Already lvl 26 in a week. The grind is a lot less this time around.
Drake aTm
AG
quote:
I should be getting there soon guys. Got my first vendor piece yesterday. I will be getting the Arm piece from the crota chick and have enough for either a helmet or a chest piece. I will see what Xur is selling but concievably I could have all top gear by Friday. Already lvl 26 in a week. The grind is a lot less this time around.

What arm piece? I have enough marks to buy 2 legendary pieces from the Titan vanguard. Thinking about buying legs and chest. I'm also debating on waiting to see what xur has.

Who has this arm piece?how do you get it?
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:

What arm piece? I have enough marks to buy 2 legendary pieces from the Titan vanguard. Thinking about buying legs and chest. I'm also debating on waiting to see what xur has.

Who has this arm piece?how do you get it?
Sal,
If you check in with Eris (The Dark Beyond, DLC), then she has a quest line that can give you gauntlets. Note that you will have to check in with Xur twice to complete the quest.
Saxsoon
AG
Yeah, go through several of her bounties and she gives a quest called Urn of Sacrifice. Buy it from Xur and run a quick mission. You will get a free purple arm piece without having to use vanguard marks.
Aggie_3
quote:
Eyeguy awesome job tonight running the sword on Crota!!!! That's the most flawless run I've ever seen. Numbers need to take lessons from you.
video or it didnt happen
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
video or it didnt happen
Sour grapes.
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:
quote:
video or it didnt happen
Sour grapes.
hahaha im messin with ya how come you never run it serious like that when im on
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
video or it didnt happen
Sour grapes.
Right?
Drake aTm
AG
Oh... Ok. It must be exclusive to titans( I have 2 hunter classes). I need to work on that when I get home.

I'll probably buy the vanguard legs and chest. Grab the arms from eris, and pray to god Xur is selling the HOS.

SUCH A BADASS HELMET!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
video or it didnt happen
Sour grapes.
I get bored when playing with you for some reason...
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Oh... Ok. It must be exclusive to titans( I have 2 hunter classes). I need to work on that when I get home.

I'll probably buy the vanguard legs and chest. Grab the arms from eris, and pray to god Xur is selling the HOS.

SUCH A BADASS HELMET!
Nope, think you just missed it. You can get it on all 3 classes.
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
video or it didnt happen
Sour grapes.
I get bored when playing with you for some reason...
--___--
AGinHI
AG
ATTENTION PVP EXPERTS

Anyone willing to be a crucible coach? Do you like helping others? Want to help out a fellow Ag and someone in need? Would you be willing to:
  • Take a look at my gear let me know what will work best.
  • Let me join you in game, kinda shadow you to see how you play
  • Coach me through the maps and your successful play style
The ideal person would be confident in their own accomplishments and not feel threatened by being on a losing team or working with incompetence--

Me: Okay, I'm ready! Let's do this!
Team: uhhhh, this sucks, he's down again

What's in it for you:
  • I'll mail you a box of macadamia nut chocolates
  • I can help you with parenting/relationship issues
  • If you ever visit the islands I'll take you surfing
  • The personal satisfaction of helping out
  • If you need to lose weight you can talk to my wife

This is my last effort to tackle Destiny before giving it up. Due to time constraints I have hit a ceiling and don't see myself going any further. It would be nice to play pvp since I have difficulty getting in with raids, but with matchmaking I can't figure anything out and after 11 games with a .18 k/d ratio interest is waning.

So, if there is anyone who finds the idea of coaching appealing let me know, maybe for half hour to an hour on a Friday night or Saturday.

Otherwise I think I'll give it up to my kids and get back to whatever else it was I was doing before sacrificing a week of my life to the Destiny gods.

Tia
MBAR
AG
Honestly, its something someone can teach you, IMO. You just gotta play the games and get good at the aiming. Once you pick that up in an FPS, it transfers easily to other games, but you still need to play the games and just practice.
Aggie_3
quote:
ATTENTION PVP EXPERTS

Anyone willing to be a crucible coach? Do you like helping others? Want to help out a fellow Ag and someone in need? Would you be willing to:
The ideal person would be confident in their own accomplishments and not feel threatened by being on a losing team or working with incompetence--

What's in it for you:

This is my last effort to tackle Destiny before giving it up. Due to time constraints I have hit a ceiling and don't see myself going any further. It would be nice to play pvp since I have difficulty getting in with raids, but with matchmaking I can't figure anything out and after 11 games with a .18 k/d ratio interest is waning.

So, if there is anyone who finds the idea of coaching appealing let me know, maybe for half hour to an hour on a Friday night or Saturday.

Otherwise I think I'll give it up to my kids and get back to whatever else it was I was doing before sacrificing a week of my life to the Destiny gods.

Tia
If we didnt know who you were id say this sounds like a creepy craigslist ad
Beau Holder
AG
I've got you covered.

Hand cannon.

Shotgun.

You are now every Crucible player.
AGinHI
AG

Edit: But seriously though, it would be nice to jump in with some people instead of matching. I've got the hand cannon and shotgun, just trying to level those up now.

It's been my observation that in crucible, people generally don't care much for teaming with inexperienced players, even if they are aware of it.
Drake aTm
AG
Eris morn gives gauntlets during the quest line? How did I miss this?! I've done the quest twice with my hunters...
TelcoAg
AG
quote:
I can help you with parenting/relationship issues

I'm skeptical because you left one of your kids in a chat room with 5 grown men that one time.
Tex117
AG
quote:
ATTENTION PVP EXPERTS

What's in it for you:

Tia
Not only are the shottys and handcannons the way to go. Knowledge of the maps (as I'm sure you have heard lots of people say) is really important.

Most gunfights end up being whomever gets the drop on the other person, even if its .5 seconds worth. Knowing where players come from is a HUGE advantage.

Also, make sure you are using good guns with good perks. Thorn, Hawkmoon (if you have it), are excellent choices. If you cant get the hang of the handcannon, try Strangers Pulse Rifle or if you have it Red Death.

Though skill plays a factor in pvp having the right guns and perks can really turn the tide.

Im not the best pvper ever, but when I first started I was AWFUL in every sense of the word. Now, I usually go positive on the K/D.
Saxsoon
AG
Marks and Rep are now doubled in HoW on Crucible matches to bring them in line with Strikes
AGinHI
AG
quote:
quote:
I can help you with parenting/relationship issues

I'm skeptical because you left one of your kids in a chat room with 5 grown men that one time.

Yeah. That's right.

So, forget the kids.

Ya know what, forget relationships too.

How bout just a box of chocolates?

Tex--thanks for the useful info. So, I have the last word and secret handshake and hunger of crota -- good enough?
TelcoAg
AG
In all honesty, try different weapons and find what works the best for you. If you can do well with a hand cannon, then do it. If you're more comfortable wielding a sniper and hanging back, do that.

Also, try rapidly zooming and shooing so that you aren't trying to strafe and run around while aiming down sights. That's probably the best technique tip I can give.
AGinHI
AG
quote:
In all honesty, try different weapons and find what works the best for you. If you can do well with a hand cannon, then do it. If you're more comfortable wielding a sniper and hanging back, do that.

With a k/d of .18 I'm not sure anything works best for me.

All good tips. Thanks y'all. We'll see what happens.

bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:

With a k/d of .18 I'm not sure anything works best for me.

All good tips. Thanks y'all. We'll see what happens.

I consider myself above average in pvp, not great, but usually above a 1 k/d unless I am playing like a jackass, and I do a lot better with Red Death than Hawkmoon. The Last Word (i've never used it but from what I've seen) is basically a shotgun in handcannon form. Not very much range so you have to be in the mix of things constantly. If you are struggling, find something better suited for ranged attacks (Scout Rifle, Pulse Rifle, or a different handcannon) and try to stay toward the back on control and play in more of a support type role until you get a feel for the maps and the timing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.