*****OFFICIAL DESTINY PS4 THREAD*****

177,292 Views | 2469 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ph.D.Aggies
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
So...should I quit trying to get gally and VOC?
the article said Legendaries so we'll have to wait and see what happens to the exotics. When the Taken King comes out, gally and thorn and getting nerfed a bit, so maybe they intend on exotics sticking around a while longer.
Prime0882
AG
Sounds like a super smart idea. Let's cut the arsenal available to players from what it's become down to a small pool of weapons.

Good way to make Year One weapons, and their raids, irrelevant and reduce what activities a player will probably be willing to do.

Since this is a MMO with a shooters facade I understand that this is what happens in expansions, but, Destiny was released with too little to do from the very beginning and has only really added small chunks here or that to what should have been the base game. Not sure if I want to come back in September anymore.
TexasAggie_02
AG
hell, i'd be okay with them making me re-run the raid to get gear at the new cap. Up the level of the enemies, and make me work for it if i want it.

It's pretty obvious that they made the original set of legendaries too good. They want destiny to be a 10-year property, and it would be embarrassing for them if everyone was using faterbringer and gallys at the end of that 10-year run
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Wow. Guess I'll stay forever 34 then......well until the new game comes out in a couple weeks, and I trade in my game.
dwit392
Lol, except the original Destiny game is/ will be essentially worthless because you can buy all the old stuff + The Taken King for $60, but my sentiment is the pretty much the same.

I really don't care about whether or not we can ascend old legendaries: there is no way I am buying the Taken King anywhere near its release date or for anywhere near the original price. I kinda feel screwed for buying the game on Day 1 (maybe Day 2). They release a AAA title that was just lazy and lacked content. By the time they actually had content and fixed many of the problems 8 months or so after release they had only turned their 6/10 game into an 7.5/10 (for $40 extra), but I experienced all the stupid **** of earlier Destiny.

I still love this game and honestly believe it had the potential to be one of the greatest games ever, but I don't want Bungie/Activision to think it is OK to release little content with tons of other issues and put a large emphasis on marketing the game.
SF2004
AG
Wait, sooo what if you haven't completed even close to all the content. I am only level 22 or so, beat the story then put the game down due to the status of the game.

Recently booted it up again to check the two expansions (got them because I bought the digital guardian edition).

Now I just lose out on even getting to attempt Vault of Glass etc?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
You can get up to 34 now.. Just did a vault run (most of it) last night. People are still doing the raids but they won't be forever.
SF2004
AG
Welp, I wish they would have told me I had a time limit to run the content I already purchased.

This sucks and I don't know if I have incentive to give Bungie anymore money.

The gun play and feel of this game was simply amazing. The actual game was **** for a long time as far as getting gear and running content. Now that it is better I am screwed.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Woe is me... Get up to level 26+ and we can run VoG on normal. It's a really cool bit of content.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Welp, I wish they would have told me I had a time limit to run the content I already purchased.

This sucks and I don't know if I have incentive to give Bungie anymore money.

The gun play and feel of this game was simply amazing. The actual game was **** for a long time as far as getting gear and running content. Now that it is better I am screwed.
you can still run them later, and it will be easier as you level up to 40. The issue is that the rewards you get will be useless going forward.

You should probably still play them for the sake of playing them.
Saxsoon
AG
I am actually pretty excited to see what Taken King has to offer. Quite a bit of info dump in the Gameinformer preview and a lot of it sounds very promising. Not exactly thrilled with the legendary weapons (but honestly out of Vision of Confluence I would rather move up with new weapons anyway besides the Exotics which are confirmed to upgrade)

Definitely want to roll a hunter now 1-40 to see the reworked structure of the game as well as Nolan North

It's a cell from the Prison of Elders
It's a triptych of hive runes
He is in a tank
You think they will mind if we borrow their rides
Tex117
AG
Yeah, the news about the Legendary weapons is disappointing, but expected.

Are they doing away with light levels? Hard to tell.

Regardless, I got plenty of enjoyment out of Destiny in year 1, and will be returning to year 2. My game time with Destiny (and games in general) has gone down, but I will back in full force next month.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
My biggest annoyance with it all (and this is not meant to be disrespectful) -- but do you remember how hard it was for many of us Day 1 players to get to level 30?! And then to 32?! I mean.. ****, in HoW they basically handed you 34 if you grinded a bit and had some skills (either in PvE with POE or PvP with TOO). All that Etheric Light I've earned is likely useless.. which is fine.. Same with Ascendent shards..

Just don't make it a cakewalk to level up to 40, please.. and don't **** up the economy again. Give us currencies which we will use for longer periods of time. At least Glimmer and the resources are still being used (I hope).. but most of the crap is just something I turn into glimmer whenever I need more glimmer... which is just silly.

Like dwit --- I will take a wait and see approach on TTK. If Bungie don't screw it up, they can have some more of my money.
dwit392
Getting to 30 seemed almost impossible (I didn't have a single piece of VoG gear before the first expansion), 32 felt like the right amount of difficult, and 34 happened in the first weekend for me. I thought that would require experience at the very least to ascend. TDB did have a lot of smart things like requiring fewer resources for upgrades.

I believe the new leveling system will be based on experience and not light level. It is pretty much confirmed Bungie is just making **** up as they go. At least it should be a better leveling system than Etheric light.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I hit 30 stupidly fast. I had one run that gave me every vault piece on what.. 2nd vault run? Only thing I didn't have was the helmet and I had the saint 14 helm within a couple weeks anyways, I think.
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
Getting to 30 seemed almost impossible (I didn't have a single piece of VoG gear before the first expansion), 32 felt like the right amount of difficult, and 34 happened in the first weekend for me. I thought that would require experience at the very least to ascend. TDB did have a lot of smart things like requiring fewer resources for upgrades.
Basically all this.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I won't get TK and probably enjoy it. I am sincerely disappointed we'll have to leave the old raid gear behind because I'm a completionist, and having all-42 light VoG/Crota/Dead Orbit/Iron Banner sets has basically been what made playing fun for me the last month or so.

But, that said, the gameplay that makes Destiny so enjoyable isn't going to change and I'm looking forward to what TK brings. I guess I'll just focus for now on getting the last of the chests so I can have the Year 1 emblem and my weekly tradition of failing to sniff the damn Lighthouse.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
RNG blessed me early with the raids and I got to 30 on three characters quick very early on. I actually enjoyed that time early on, and a few of the minor changes with TDB. After running the Crota raid and wasting time on that with its broken mechanics, I had no interest in HoW.

The only part of destiny I'm interested in anymore is PVP. I can probably pick that up at any point in time if I decide to play TTK. For right now I won't be getting it until I see a more competitive based playlist/style PVP option(s) and following. That could probably take a while...
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
My problem is that the last "expansion" really didn't have much extra in it. I really like having the larger groups and a 6 man POE would have been cooler to me.
bevokilla
AG
I haven't had much time to play recently but I decided to run Dragon strikes to get a Hopscotch Pilgrim when I do have time, but based on this info, I have no desire to do that now. Most people have moved on too and I hate soloing no burn nightfalls so I guess I'm done with Destiny until after TTK comes out. I will wait for the reviews and see what it brings. Good thing I bought The Borderlands Handsome Collection for $30 so I have something to play casually in the interim.
Beau Holder
AG
Of course, for me this is all a moot point when Madden comes out. My love affair with Madden is 10x that of Destiny.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I haven't had much time to play recently but I decided to run Dragon strikes to get a Hopscotch Pilgrim when I do have time, but based on this info, I have no desire to do that now. Most people have moved on too and I hate soloing no burn nightfalls so I guess I'm done with Destiny until after TTK comes out. I will wait for the reviews and see what it brings. Good thing I bought The Borderlands Handsome Collection for $30 so I have something to play casually in the interim.
technically, Hopscotch pilgrim should still be useful in vanilla crucible. max attack is the same for all weapons; white, blue, purple, yellow. What matters is the Impact, range and rate of fire. Hopscotch pilgrim would still be great for that. For Iron Banner and Trials, not so good once the new gear is out.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Of course, for me this is all a moot point when Madden comes out. My love affair with Madden is 10x that of Destiny.
This is me with Fallout 4.

I will almost always play a Bethesda or BioWare game over Bungie games.. and recent games by each further that divide of quality.
Drake aTm
AG
Wish they still had ncaa football...
Btw, I picked up Monte Carlo during lunch
dwit392
quote:
RNG blessed me early with the raids and I got to 30 on three characters quick very early on. I actually enjoyed that time early on, and a few of the minor changes with TDB. After running the Crota raid and wasting time on that with its broken mechanics, I had no interest in HoW.

The only part of destiny I'm interested in anymore is PVP. I can probably pick that up at any point in time if I decide to play TTK. For right now I won't be getting it until I see a more competitive based playlist/style PVP option(s) and following. That could probably take a while...
Custom games will probably happen in Destiny 2 ... unfortunately that is more than a year away. I hope they figure out how to fix the lag problems that have plagued Destiny. I have played a lot of FPSs in my life, but Destiny has the most atrocious lag. I will stop posting because I will keep complaining about the laziness and lack of attention to detail by Bungie.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:

Custom games will probably happen in Destiny 2 ... unfortunately that is more than a year away. I hope they figure out how to fix the lag problems that have plagued Destiny. I have played a lot of FPSs in my life, but Destiny has the most atrocious lag. I will stop posting because I will keep complaining about the laziness and lack of attention to detail by Bungie.
Come on, man. Bungie is really new to FPSs
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:

they need to bite the bullet and have dedicated servers
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

they need to bite the bullet and have dedicated servers
It is just insane that as a AAA game they don't have their own servers.
MBAR
AG
Pretty sure some of the Halo games didn't have dedicated servers. Not sure why they botched this one though.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:
technically, Hopscotch pilgrim should still be useful in vanilla crucible. max attack is the same for all weapons; white, blue, purple, yellow. What matters is the Impact, range and rate of fire. Hopscotch pilgrim would still be great for that. For Iron Banner and Trials, not so good once the new gear is out.
Yeah but there will be a New Hopscotch Pilgrim once TTK comes out and IF (which at this point is a huge IF) I am still playing, It will probably be easier to get than Hopscotch Pilgrim.
Dumbdumb
What the hell eyeguy!!!
bevokilla
AG
Xur has Bones of Eao. Get them while they are hot!
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
Xur has Bones of Eao. Get them while they are hot!
Saxsoon
AG
I don't understand how having one additional jump is so great when you have other exotics that revive faster, turn invisible on melee hits, 6x GG.
Beau Holder
AG
Drake aTm
AG
YES. Finally got purifier robes on my last chest engram!

Btw, does anyone get "gig em" messages from other players after playing PVP? Thought that was pretty cool.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.