*****OFFICIAL DESTINY PS4 THREAD*****

176,448 Views | 2469 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ph.D.Aggies
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
RNGesus is so weird. I got Obsidian Mind from a yellow engram last week, but my Hunter still has a blue chest piece because I can't find a purple one anywhere.

You keep giving your roommate your TV, you may as well give him your codpiece too.
quote:

FIFY
Dumbdumb
I'll be on around 9:30ish tonight. Need to level up ye ol fatebringer!
Dumbdumb
I'll be on around 9:30ish tonight. Need to level up ye ol fatebringer!
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Where are you guys?! I log on to do some Nightfall and no one is around!
MBAR
AG
I'm getting on in a bit to run the NF a few times.
Drake aTm
AG
Lets do a raid. I'm on
MBAR
AG
I'll be on this evening if you guys do a raid and need one.
Brock Sampson
AG
Been ranking up before I asked to join. Level 26 Titan if anybody wants to play tonight.

Psn: cbunn11
Drake aTm
AG
Goodnight guardians
Streetfighter 02
AG
I'm on and needing nightfall if anyone can help.
Living Legend
AG
Any tips for leveling up fast after you've hit 20?
Dumbdumb
Just grind it out. Doing bounties and such. Run the lower level strikes and start equipping better armor with higher light levels that are suited to your style of play. Hop in a higher strike with us when we are on. We dont mind helping get you through them. We've all been there.
TefIon Don
AG
quote:

If you have TDB DLC, then complete Eris Born's quests and you will get the Urn of sacrifice mission. Once you complete that, you will get legendary gauntlets that can get up to 33 light. I'd also save up your strange coins for when Xur comes this weekend, and buy whatever exotic armor piece he is selling. Then, like dumbdumb said, just grind it out by doing strikes.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Teflon John has some good advice. Here is my answer as its a hair more specific.

Yes, start with the Eris Quests and Gauntlets if you have the TDB. Note that you will need to check in with Xur twice and he is only in the tower on the weekends, so plan accordingly.

Make sure you grind the Vanguard up to Rank 3 and get a comendation. Make sure you max your Marks out for the week until you have purchased all your gear.

I wouldn't just buy an exotic from xur, but wait until he sells a helment for your class. The helments are the hardest to drop in the raids. I'd wait a bit.

Use your marks and the one commendation to buy the chest piece. Then buy the legs.

Poof. You are 31 and ready to raid Crota's End to get the rest of your gear for 32.

Whole process should take about 2 weeks (if you were starting from zero) and played almost everyday.
Living Legend
AG
cool thanks guys! I've sent out a bunch of requests this morning. Im bh_one. i'm on right now if anyone wants to play
AGinHI
AG
quote:
quote:
Teflon John has some good advice. Here is my answer as its a hair more specific.

Yes, start with the Eris Quests and Gauntlets if you have the TDB. Note that you will need to check in with Xur twice and he is only in the tower on the weekends, so plan accordingly.

Make sure you grind the Vanguard up to Rank 3 and get a comendation. Make sure you max your Marks out for the week until you have purchased all your gear.

I wouldn't just buy an exotic from xur, but wait until he sells a helment for your class. The helments are the hardest to drop in the raids. I'd wait a bit.

Use your marks and the one commendation to buy the chest piece. Then buy the legs.

Poof. You are 31 and ready to raid Crota's End to get the rest of your gear for 32.

Whole process should take about 2 weeks (if you were starting from zero) and played almost everyday.

I get the process for leveling up fast, but what about getting a couple of pieces of armor, getting to level 27 (where I'm at), and then getting a legendary weapon?

I was playing with a few of the guys here this past weekend in the VOG, running around with a rare, fully upgraded scout rifle, and I was like tap tap tap tap tap DIE taptaptaptaptaptap JUST DIE ALREADY tapity tapity tapity tapity tapity !@#$ I'M DEAD!

Wouldn't upgraded weapons be useful?

The only thing I got from the VOG was some exotic shotgun. So, I've been making that my primary and trying to become proficient with it, but I might as well go around meleeing everyone to death.

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
If it was universal remote.. I feel for you.
AGinHI
AG
Yeah. That's it.

Maybe if I could swing it around and beat people in the head with it it'd be better, but right now it's not much fun.
AG Custom
AG
Your character level has more to do with the damage you inflict on others than just your weapon level. A level 31 guy with a fully leveled up ice breaker will do way more damage to any enemy than a level 28 character with the exact same fully upgraded weapon.

If you are under 31, get an exotic armor piece and level it all the way up. Then obtain (purchase if you have to with vanguard and crucible marks) legendary armor to fill the rest of the spots. This should get you to 31 and you will see a huge difference.
AGinHI
AG
Thanks. That's good to know.
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I get the process for leveling up fast, but what about getting a couple of pieces of armor, getting to level 27 (where I'm at), and then getting a legendary weapon?

I was playing with a few of the guys here this past weekend in the VOG, running around with a rare, fully upgraded scout rifle, and I was like tap tap tap tap tap DIE taptaptaptaptaptap JUST DIE ALREADY tapity tapity tapity tapity tapity !@#$ I'M DEAD!

Wouldn't upgraded weapons be useful?

The only thing I got from the VOG was some exotic shotgun. So, I've been making that my primary and trying to become proficient with it, but I might as well go around meleeing everyone to death.

Exactly what Daylight said.

Guns are more fun for sure, but level means more in terms of damage output. Get to 32 as fast as possible and you will have plenty of time to chase guns.

The only thing I would say is to wait for an exotic helm from xur for your class. (unless you are somehow swimming in coins). Helments are the hardest to drop from a raid. So, you can be 32 with just the legs, chest, arms, and an exotic helm.
MBAR
AG
If you enjoy crucible at all, buy Red Death from Xur this weekend. Its amazing there now (and its great for HM Crota too).
Prime0882
AG
Anyone up for running a lvl28 Titan through the Nightfall a little after lunch today, possibly?
redbaron788
AG
I'd love to because I still need to run it with my titan and warlock but I won't have time til 7 tonight
Tex117
AG
Fellow TexAgs guardians.

Are any of you guys 32 who want to give a "flawless raider" a shot on Crota normal sometime next week?
MBAR
AG
I'd definitely be up for a flawless raider run. I have 3 32s and I can be swordbearer on my hunter.

Has to be after the weekend though. I'm out of town till Monday.
redbaron788
AG
I'd be down for that but why Crota on normal and not Vault?
boogieman
AG
quote:
Fellow TexAgs guardians.

Are any of you guys 32 who want to give a "flawless raider" a shot on Crota normal sometime next week?
Definitely.
MBAR
AG
Crota is way easier than vault, IMO. Vault has a bunch of random buggy stuff. Crota on normal is really straightforward and shorter.
Tex117
AG
Potential Flawless raider run:

(1) Tex117 (32 hunter, warlock, and titan...so whatever we think we need and can run sword)
(2) Bee-Dav (32 warlock, and can run sword)
(3) MBar (32 hunter, warlock, and titan and can run sword)
(4) redbaron (32...I think on all three toons)
(5) boogie
(6) Salgambino

Alts:????

What MBar said, there is less to go wrong during Crota. Yeah, I mean, coorditnating seems to always be an issue. Lets think about next week. What days are best for you guys?

And please everyone signing up, please be 32!
redbaron788
AG
Fair enough, I was thinking more along the 32v26 level advantage more than the bugs
Drake aTm
AG
I'm down. Level 32 hunter

Salgambino
Tex117
AG
^
You are in.

Okay, lets start throwing out days next week.

Red, yeah, you are right, but the mechanics of that raid can be tricky with the bugs. Plus, its alot longer. It would be a bummer to get all the way to Atheon, have a portal bug out, and then we wipe.

At least with Crota, if we screw something up, it wont take us long to restart it and try it again.
boogieman
AG
I'm a 32 Titan. Monday's are the toughest, but I usually can work it in most of the other days.

Boogieman187
TelcoAg
AG
quote:
Fellow TexAgs guardians.

I'm down. Got flawless up to Ir Yut running solo the other night.

I agree with Red though about VoG.

For as much buggy stuff as there is in the vault, there's as much in CE. Ir Yut is going to be the hardest part for sure, but it'll be fun to run all 6 through the bridge.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.