*****OFFICIAL DESTINY PS4 THREAD*****

176,449 Views | 2469 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ph.D.Aggies
ForeverAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anyone on now?
Tex117
AG
quote:
Thanks guys! I appreciate the tips.
However you reach 20, start turning in bounties as soon as possible and start earning marks.

I believe that earning Vanguard Marks are much faster than earning crucible marks. So, keep in mind that if you use the Crucible method, you may hit 20 faster, but be much slower in terms of buying the gear to bump you to 31. (The highest you can go until you get raid gear).

I also think leveling up vanguard is faster as well in terms of reputation points.

So, my advice is to continue with the story at the highest difficulty possible. Start doing bounties and turning them in for exp and reputation as soon as possible. Earn vanguard marks while doing strikes (and public events) AFTER you are 20. Hit level 3 with the vanguard. Buy everything but the helet. Get 13 strange coins and buy an exotic helm from Xur to hit 31 and then 32.

bevokilla
AG
Nightfall and weekly are Valus Ta'aurc. So Bungie admitted that Valus has too much health and they are going to reduce it in the next patch, so in the interim, they make the nightfall Valus with no burn.

Nightfall
  • Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
  • Nightfall - If all players die, your Fireteam is returned to Orbit.
  • Lightswitch - Minions of the Darkness deal much more melee damage.
  • Angry - Minions of the Darkness won't flinch, even after massive damage.
  • Juggler - No ammo drops for your equipped qeapon
Weekly Heroic Strike
  • Heroic - Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.
  • Lightswitch - Minions of the Darkness deal much more melee damage.
Aggie_3
yeah this one is going to suck but I really need Gally
Beau Holder
AG
Let's do it.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Just to be clear, I don't need to worry about ANY of that stuff until I'm level 30, correct?
Aggie_3
quote:
Let's do it.

may not be on tonight but tomorrow its on for sure. we will need your titan bubble and weapons of light alot
bevokilla
AG
quote:
Just to be clear, I don't need to worry about ANY of that stuff until I'm level 30, correct?
Once you hit 27 you can be carried through the nightfall. Once you hit 21 (I think) you can start running the weekly to build up strange coins
bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:
Once you hit 27 you can be carried through the nightfall. Once you hit 21 (I think) you can start running the weekly to build up strange coins
One more thing, make sure you are doing as many bounties as you can while you level up to get vanguard reputation and marks so that you can buy vanguard gear when you hit 20
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Thanks again. Sorry for all the questions - I'm sure that gets annoying. I appreciate it!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Thanks again. Sorry for all the questions - I'm sure that gets annoying. I appreciate it!
No worries, trust me, we've all been there.
MBAR
AG
Bungie must really want to kill off this game if they're making the Valus the nightfall. That strike is a total grind and with no burn its going to be really obnoxious.

They really need to come out with HoW soon or else the long term players are just going to quit. Aside from crucible the game really isn't that fun for me right now and I'm in the minority when it comes to actually enjoying crucible.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
Bungie must really want to kill off this game if they're making the Valus the nightfall. That strike is a total grind and with no burn its going to be really obnoxious.

They really need to come out with HoW soon or else the long term players are just going to quit. Aside from crucible the game really isn't that fun for me right now and I'm in the minority when it comes to actually enjoying crucible.
Was kind of surprised to see Valus as the Nightfall as well, especially after their comments about wanting to change the harder ones, and gave this one as their main example. The only one I could think that could be worse would be if Undying Mind became the Nightfall after the Xbox One guys get that one unlocked.

Bungie needs to take a hard look at Borderlands while working on Destiny 2. That game made a loot based shooter fun. Make the loot less grindy to utilize and don't shoehorn in a broken PvP system like the Crucible.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Bungie needs to take a hard look at Borderlands while working on Destiny 2. That game made a loot based shooter fun. Make the loot less grindy to utilize and don't shoehorn in a broken PvP system like the Crucible.

I don't really mind the loot system in terms of limited weapons available and chasing after certain guns, but I do take issue with how infrequent the drops are and there being no way to correct it.

It is entirely possible to have played since launch and having someone pick up the game two months ago be better geared. That's not okay.

There needs to be some sort of token or points system. Say...complete 20 nightfalls and you can buy any exotic in the game. (Or something like that).

bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't really mind the loot system in terms of limited weapons available and chasing after certain guns, but I do take issue with how infrequent the drops are and there being no way to correct it.

It is entirely possible to have played since launch and having someone pick up the game two months ago be better geared. That's not okay.

There needs to be some sort of token or points system. Say...complete 20 nightfalls and you can buy any exotic in the game. (Or something like that).

I don't have a problem with the loot system but I did raid in WoW for a few years so it is very similar. The number of times I ran Gruul's Lair and I never once saw the shield drop pisses me off to this day.
Aggie_3
What ticks me off is I've run Crota almost 50 times now and still don't have the helmet prolly won't ever use the helmet but I still want it. And just Monday I beat Atheon for the first time on hard and get the damn helmet sooooo stupid
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
So yeah, when we ran hard mode, I had too many primaries in my inventory so.... I didn't realize that I picked up Vex Mythoclast until last night when we went to the tower. Oh happy day!
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
What ticks me off is I've run Crota almost 50 times now and still don't have the helmet prolly won't ever use the helmet but I still want it. And just Monday I beat Atheon for the first time on hard and get the damn helmet sooooo stupid
I still don't have the VoG helmet.
Tex117
AG
quote:
I don't have a problem with the loot system but I did raid in WoW for a few years so it is very similar. The number of times I ran Gruul's Lair and I never once saw the shield drop pisses me off to this day.

Thats pretty funny! I would say though that Destiny is not an MMO in the "Massive" sense of the word. It is a shared world shooter with some social mechanics. There simply needs to be a way that the game respects the players time.

quote:

It is stupid. That should be enough.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Is crota the only place the hat drops? I got black hammer and hit level 32 on crota normal mode last night. Got my 4th set of crota gloves as well.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
Is crota the only place the hat drops? I got black hammer and hit level 32 on crota normal mode last night. Got my 4th set of crota gloves as well.
Yes. There is a very small chance it will drop on normal so if you want it, your best shot is HM
Streetfighter 02
AG
I still don't have a crota kill on hard mode.
Aggie_3
quote:
So yeah, when we ran hard mode, I had too many primaries in my inventory so.... I didn't realize that I picked up Vex Mythoclast until last night when we went to the tower. Oh happy day!

Aggie_3
Well if anyone is down to get a group of all 32's together for Crota Hard I'd be down
Prime0882
AG
quote:
Well if anyone is down to get a group of all 32's together for Crota Hard I'd be down
A token 31 is no longer accepted?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
We have to make up for Coach Fran.
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:
A token 31 is no longer accepted?

guess we can have 1 i wanna see if i can find someone that has just the crota checkpoint on hard and snag it from them so we dont have to dick with the rest
MBAR
AG
I didn't run hard mode with you guys but I jumped into a PUG atheon kill that night and got my 3rd Vex.

I ran Crota NM last night and finally got a Gallahorn. I guess now I'm just playing for the last few exotics I don't have. The Last Word, Suros Regime, Pocket Infinity, Plan C, and Super Good Advice. I think I have the rest.

Also ran sword for the first time on my Titan. The jumps are so much faster.
Tex117
AG
quote:
I ran Crota NM last night and finally got a Gallahorn.

Congratulations!
Beau Holder
AG
I'll do Crota Hard for the shiggles.

I want to run VoG until I get that damn helmet and the Mythoclast.
MBAR
AG
I'll do Crota HM if everyone is 32 or at least has maxed their weps.
Beau Holder
AG
Y'all are doing Crota?
bevokilla
AG
Finally downed Crota on HM last night and got my Fang of Ir Yut.
Tex117
AG
^
Nice! Fang is for sure the best gun from that raid.

Just in time for House of Wolves here in about a month or so! haha we can do it all again.
Aggie_3
I still have the hard mode Crota checkpoint on 2 characters that I would like to get knocked out tonight. Crota was being super glitchy last night

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.