*****OFFICIAL DESTINY PS4 THREAD*****

177,328 Views | 2469 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ph.D.Aggies
TelcoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I gotcha now. Didn't see the new column on the right side of the "Gear" pane

MBAR
AG
This is pretty awesome. So far the last patch has been really really great.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
New patch is here. No more losing ammo!

Inferno matches for PVP coming March 3rd. Games focus on kills and gunplay . Radar removed, should be a lot more fun and pure IMO.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
No radar... interesting.
MBAR
AG
No radar is interesting. Wish they'd do a no super match as well.
TelcoAg
AG
Nice. Swat style
Beau Holder
AG
Bout to play "how fast can I level this Gjallarhorn?" Anybody down for Nightfall?
mid90
AG
Getting a PS4 soon, I think. Will definitely be getting Destiny.
Tex117
AG
Well, the quest is finally over.

I got Hawkmoon.

No more grinding Atheon Hard or Crota. No more running characters through gorgon CP and having to jostle with PUG's to do so....No more having my nights held hostage by the quest for the last of the two guns I have wanted since Oct.

This is a big day Guardians. A big day.

Good luck out there Guardians.
Beau Holder
AG
Pat pat saved.
Aggie_3
quote:
Pat pat saved.

Holy **** i just spit my drink out
bevokilla
AG
Xur this weekend
quote:

No Backup Plans - Titan Gauntlets

ATS/8 Arachnid - Hunter Helm (****ty roll apparently)

Heart of the Praxic Fire - Warlock Chest armor

Universal Remote

Exotic Shard

Helmet Engram

No heavy synth

This guy (not megaman) claims to know Xurs stock for the next two weeks

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2xcqj7/discussion_xurs_stock_and_nightfall_mods_for_the/

quote:

March 6th

Helm of Saint 14 (106/114 Int)
Young Ahamkara's Spine (91/98 Dis)
Skull of Dire Ahamkara (94/101 Int)
Icebreaker
Chest Engram
Heavy Ammo

March 13th

No Backup Plans (77/83 Str)
Crest of Alpha Lupi - Hunter (157/169 Str!!!)
Light Beyond Nemesis (108/115 Str)
Universal Remote
Gauntlet Engram
No Heavy Ammo

TefIon Don
AG
Icebreaker next week? Hope it happens.
Drake aTm
AG
All I want to do is beat Crota and play with AGGIES
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
All I want to do is beat Crota and play with AGGIES
Let us know when you are on! This is an doable goal!!
Beau Holder
AG
I've still got the last Crota checkpoint.
TelcoAg
AG
I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to run it
bevokilla
AG
I'm down to run either tonight. Brisketsangwich
Dumbdumb
Thanks guys. Sorry I'm a noob at Crota and VOG. I'm dunnyrc51. It was awesome to finally get to play with you guys.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
quote:
Thanks guys. Sorry I'm a noob at Crota and VOG. I'm dunnyrc51. It was awesome to finally get to play with you guys.
No problem. We don't mind helping ppl out or showing them how to do the raids. There's a few us on most nights and we usually raid randomly when we get enough ppl on. Just hop in our party chat when you see guys on.
Aggie_3
Ive still got the final checkpoint on crota with my hunter if anyone wants to run tonight. I really need them shards
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
Ive still got the final checkpoint on crota with my hunter if anyone wants to run tonight. I really need them shards
HM or normal?
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:
HM or normal?

Its the hard mode you were in with us on the other day
AGinHI
AG
Any older guys out there? The more casual gamer?

I bought my kids a PS4 a year ago. Got them Destiny about a month ago.

Thought I would give it a go and got hooked.

Outside of playing a few games during the past year, the last time I seriously played any video game was Sega Genesis College Football '95. I tried that Crucible thingy and 5 seconds in--death. Where'd he even come from? As soon as I respawn a guy flies out of nowhere--death. Hey! There's somebody--rat-tat-tat-tat-tat--nothing. Oh, **** he sees me--dead. Gave that up after two tries.

I tried that basic strike on Earth, some level 8 thing, just to get the hang of it, and I'm level 24 playing with 30+. The mission starts and they fly off through the terrain. I'm standing there like "Where ya goin'?" They're zipping all around killing 500-600 guys with one shot and I'm running out of ammo trying to get 60. It's like watching someone complete the Rubik's Cube in seconds while I'm working on getting two stickers to match on one side.

So, what I'm reading here is y'all are really good at this. Is there anybody that's not so good?
Streetfighter 02
AG
Headed back home and looking to hit Crota if anyone is still needing to do it.
Aggie_3
Just hang in there group up with us and youl be good once youve leveled up to 30 your gonna be having a grand time
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I'm 32 and generally considered grampa by a lot of the other guys I play with. Not sure how old most of the current Destiny squad is, however.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Oh and you'll get there. Remember, most of us have been playing since November. I can run some of the strikes in my sleep...
Dumbdumb
AGinHI add dunnyrc51 to your friends list. I'm one of those older guys you speak of that loves this game as well. Last night I got to group up with Telco, eyeguy, oilaggie, midnightyell, and a few others. It was fun for me trying to keep up with those guys. They were running raids I have never been on until last night. It sure got my adrenaline pumping trying to keep up! And I dang sure cant wait to do it again! I'll be on tonight around 10 CST.

P.S. Having head phones with a mic will come in handy so you can hear what the guys are trying to teach you. I learned the hard way last night.
Beau Holder
AG
On top of what everyone else has said, with proper direction it's easy to get good quickly.

I leveled just one character to 28 when the Vault of Glass was the only raid in the game. With no raid party I lost enough interest that I didn't even get the DLC when it came out and barely played for a few months. By the time I got back into Destiny, people had been beating the Crota raid on hard daily for weeks.

Destiny clearly was designed for group-inclusive gaming, and the guys on this thread really make it for me. After joining up with the TexAgs clan I followed along on enough raids to get gear to get up above level 30 (and have a second character at 28), which gives you this sense of accomplishment, but the real fun is just in shooting the **** while running around doing whatever as a group. Then after a while a lot of it will become intuitive to you. Now I DO play daily because running even the same thing isn't so boring when you're spending half of your time laughing at the conversation or focusing on teamwork.

I'm not even a big PvP fan and I got to rank 5 in the last Iron Banner just from knowing what I was doing.

Basically, what Aggie said.

(I'm MidnightYell and I'm 23, fwiw, but I don't feel like age is ever something discussed or even noticeable when everyone's catching up and chatting.)
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
quote:
No problem. We don't mind helping ppl out or showing them how to do the raids. There's a few us on most nights and we usually raid randomly when we get enough ppl on. Just hop in our party chat when you see guys on.
What Oil said! You just got thrown in the fire last night because we had both raid checkpoints on hard mode... We can run them with you on normal mode as well so you know what to expect at each of the points and if you die, you can be revived!
Beau Holder
AG
Incidentally, last night was my first time doing Crucible play as a full fireteam and it was fun as hell. Entirely different experience than hopping in by yourself, trying to work with five strangers and getting mugged by the other side all day.
Drake aTm
AG
Please add me guys. My gamer tag is the same as my Texags name.
Tex117
AG
AGinHI:

Welcome to the thread. I'll echo what everyone else said, make sure to hop on some of the strike trains and raids with the TexAgs groups. I know being a parent scheduling will be difficult. But if you can make a little time for it, your fun with the game will go through the roof!
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
AginHI --- what is your PSN id?! I missed it somewhere. :/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.