*****OFFICIAL DESTINY PS4 THREAD*****

180,701 Views | 2469 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ph.D.Aggies
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I still have the hard mode Crota checkpoint on 2 characters that I would like to get knocked out tonight. Crota was being super glitchy last night
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
quote:
quote:
I still have the hard mode Crota checkpoint on 2 characters that I would like to get knocked out tonight. Crota was being super glitchy last night

Yeah. Didn't even get my shot at the sword as it disappeared both times right as I walked up on it. I may be on late tonight, just message oilfield if you see me on and I can run it if y'all are on.
Beau Holder
AG
Whenever I see "oilfieldAGGIE has joined a party" my first thought is, "Do I have any 'Win 5 [x crucible] matches' bounties? Yes? Oh, I'm hopping on that wagon."
MBAR
AG
Yeah we should do more crucible. At least there I don't have to worry about glitchy **** screwing me over.
bevokilla
AG
We didn't have any glitches last night but we had two squeekers with some interesting strats on Crota.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
quote:
Whenever I see "oilfieldAGGIE has joined a party" my first thought is, "Do I have any 'Win 5 [x crucible] matches' bounties? Yes? Oh, I'm hopping on that wagon."

Yeah, that's really all I've had time to do now, but crucible has always been my koolaid. I' like to screw around a little too much for PVE anyways
TelcoAg
AG
I've got the VoG HM Gorgon CP. If anyone still needs it this week, just message me when I'm on.
Prime0882
AG
What time might y'all be doing HM Crota tonight? I'd like to jump in on my 31 for one for one of the attempts, if possible.
Aggie_3
Won't be on until tomorrow night
Streetfighter 02
AG
Could use some help with Nightfall tonight. I need one more. Working on it now with two.
TelcoAg
AG
I should be on soon
Streetfighter 02
AG
Ok, we are at Valus now. Kinda want the third man insurance plan.
bevokilla
AG
Xur is up on the right when you run in to the hanger. I will definitely be picking up the weapon this week.

[SPOILER]

The Armamentarium - Titan Chest
ATS/8 ARACHNID - Hunter Helm
Starfire Protocol - Warlock Chest
SUROS Regime
Exotic Chest Engrams

[/SPOILER]
Beau Holder
AG
SUROS and finally an Armamentarium that's 36 light?

It's like Xursmas.
Tex117
AG
RIP Suros. It was awesome before the second nerf and god-tier before the first nerf.
Tex117
AG
So, I found these articles a fun read. They are discussing how Bungie brought in a behavrioral scientist to advise them on how to keep players playing Destiny. The second artcile is just the guy talking about general game design. I quoted where I thought in the end Destiny failed and we are seeing the drop off in Destiny players as a community.

http://www.gamesradar.com/heres-how-bungie-trapped-average-playtime-destiny-77-hours/

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131494/behavioral_game_design.php
quote:
A phenomenon, called "behavioral contrast," occurs in chimpanzees, among other species. A chimpanzee is doing a simple task such as pulling a lever and is being rewarded with pieces of lettuce, which they like to eat. After doing this for a while, one pull is rewarded with a grape, which they really love to eat. On the next pull, the chimp is given lettuce again and they get very upset, throwing the lettuce at the experimenter. They were perfectly happy with lettuce before, but the presentation of the grape creates new expectations and when those expectations aren't met, frustration and anger invariably results. The moral here is that reducing the level of reinforcement is a very punishing thing for your players and can act as an impetus for them to quit the game. It needs to be done carefully and gradually, or there may be an undesirable backlash. This applies even to temporary reductions, such as when killing orcs stops producing points but the player has not yet discovered that trolls can be killed instead. Sudden loss of reward is very aversive and should be avoided when possible.
AGinHI
AG
Good find Tex.

On a side note, anyone else have a Destiny Spotify playlist, and what are you jamming to while running around shooting stuff?
Beau Holder
AG
House and trance make fun Destiny additions.

Running around the moon while Hardwell is playing just seems right, somehow.
Dumbdumb
Sweet!!! It's good to know there are people still out there with the same music taste as me!
Aggie_3
Ill be on tonight round 6
Bulldog73
AG
Anyone want to run the weekly a couple times and a nightfall? TMoney7305
TelcoAg
AG
The head Bungie guy has a behavioral science history. Lots of interesting studies. Amazing how bad he let this game get in spots.
TheEyeGuy
AG
Numbers, get your free gun yet?
redbaron788
AG

Only five more weeks!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/04/13/destiny-house-of-wolves-launches-may-19th/#sf8558828
Tex117
AG
Well, here it is guys. First trailer for House of Wolves. May 19th. (Same day as Witcher 3 I might add).

TheEyeGuy
AG
WTF did we get more story in that trailer than in the actual original game??? I hate how this whole game went down.
TelcoAg
AG
Man, there are gonna be so many shanks in that raid, you just know it.
TheEyeGuy
AG
Have we had a monster shank yet? Cause I feel we are due for one.
Beau Holder
AG
So that much time to get the other two characters to 32.

Leggo
Tex117
AG
quote:
Man, there are gonna be so many shanks in that raid, you just know it.
The raid boss being one big Shank.

Of course its way too early to pass impressions or know anything about the content, but the following is from the bungie web page, and there is actually no mention of a raid.

quote:
Expand your Destiny adventure with a wealth of weapons, armor, and gear to earn in new story missions, three new competitive multiplayer maps, and a new cooperative Strike. Expansion II introduces a new competitive elimination mode in the Crucible and an all-new arena activity The Prison of Elders. The Reef is open. Join the Awoken and hunt down the Fallen rising against us.
Aggie_3
Anyone down to finish Crota Hard tonight i still have the checkpoint for the final encounter

1. Numbers(32 hunter x2 , 32 warlock)
2. Beau
3. EyeGuy
Beau Holder
AG
Yes.
TheEyeGuy
AG
in.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I have the hard mode Crota checkpoint if anyone is going to be on tonight and wants to try and down him.
Aggie_3
we can add you to the roster for tonight street fighter

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.