*****OFFICIAL DESTINY PS4 THREAD*****

176,425 Views | 2469 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ph.D.Aggies
Aggie_3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone avalable for the nightfall or weekly tonight i finally have time to play
Aggie_3
Anyone?
redbaron788
AG
I still have to run the Weekly with my Warlock, so I'll be on after 7c
Aggie_3
Sweet
avidhunter
I should be on in a bit. Gotta put the boy to bed. TheStigMG84
jlb2957
AG
Help me out guys:

I am not at 23... can I now do runs with you guys or do you need to be upwards of 30?

what is the best way to gear up where I'm at?
redbaron788
AG
Nightfall is Phogoth (called it)
  • Arc Burn
  • Lightswitch
  • Angry
Weekly
  • Arc Burn
redbaron788
AG
Do strike playlists at as high level as you can, pick up bounties you can easily complete, when you max out vanguard marks start doing crucible and pick up bounties for that as well.

Try and find some of us online, there's plenty of people that will help you out
cr0wbar
AG
I do test Phogoth, and lightswitch

Will be on this evening to run with you doods
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Nightfall is Phogoth (called it)
  • Arc Burn
  • Lightswitch
  • Angry
Weekly
  • Arc Burn

Why.. or why Arc burn?! I guess I should have spent my bounties getting P&T upgraded instead of Icebreaker.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I'm in vegas playing with guns. Back in action this week
Aggie_3
I will be on tonight to run the nightfalls and weekly
avidhunter
So after running the nightfall and weekly I ran some bounties on Earth and 3 Husk of the Pit dropped. First time a character got one, but now all three will have one. Guess I will have to run hard mode at some point now.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Last night Oil and I 2 manned almost the entire raid!
redbaron788
AG
Two manned Deathsinger?
Tex117
AG
The Hard Mode raid doesn't seem radically different from the Normal one. I wont spoil anything, but being 32 does seem like pretty much a requirement for the average player.

Any 32s want to give it a go tonight?
Aggie_3
quote:
The Hard Mode raid doesn't seem radically different from the Normal one. I wont spoil anything, but being 32 does seem like pretty much a requirement for the average player.

Any 32s want to give it a go tonight?

Give us your review
Tex117
AG
Abyss. Thrawls are 33 and ogres are yellow barred. No major changes in strategy.

Bridge, all 33 enemies. No major changes in strategy.

Ir Yut (or whatever): No major chanes in strategy.

For Crota, the changes:

No Chalice.

Left strategy is now pretty much THE strategy. Invograte found this out the hard way as they used the middle strategy and were getting wrecked by the now spawning gatekeepers. (Gatekeepers spawn with swordbearer).

Also because of the now spanning gatekeepers, you have to fight ogres from the right as Crota cycles to the left when ogres are up.

The wizard is the major change instead of the bridge knight. This really becomes a problem when one spawns when the swordbearer is going to work on Crota. That wizard will blast him. Seems that the wizard doesn't dip into cover so just be a good shot and you got it.

I think the strategy is to have one guy on boomers full time spotting, but when they spawn along with the wizard, two guys need to join him takign them down fast.

Lastly, taking down the swordbearer must be done quickly.

In other words, its almost like this entire fight has been relgated to a DPS check. Everything has to be done really fast. Ghorns, icebreakers/black hammers, are going to be the optimal loadouts. As for primaries, it seems most teams were running Fatebringer or the Saterinne Rapier (crucible scout).

Review, seems a bit lazy on Bungie's part as really, just the enemies are a little harder.

Weapons drop from all phases of the raid. Pulse rifle (lamps), Auto rifle (bridge). Crota (scout and hand cannon).
Tex117
AG
From reddit

General
  • All enemies are 33.
  • No revives
  • Primary Weapons drops at all major sections. (Abyss, Bridge, and Crota)
  • Enemies appear to take less flinch damage
The AbyssThe BridgeThe Tunnel
  • 3 Shriekers are now here
  • Shriekers will respawn
Deathsinger
  • Liturgy of Ruin will now activate sooner
  • Only has one reward
Crota
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Two manned Deathsinger?
Indeed we did!
cr0wbar
AG
Abyss Defiant looks like a Bad A auto rifle...
Cfran44
so im new here but I ran up to crota twice today. and on the bridge section if you send two guys across (Non warlocks) and have them stay alive you can leave 2 warlocks behind and have everyone except the guys you sent across the bridge wipe and the warlocks revive when the adds despawn. its key though to wait until the adds despawn to revive. then you go to the old cheese spot and snipe
Javelina
AG
Coach Fran!
Aggie_3
quote:
Coach Fran!

this should always have a thumbs down hahahahaha
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
If anyone is unsure of some of the strategy for Crotas end. Go to your live broadcasts tab and watch some of the teams run through it.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Coach Fran!

that's what I said the first time he played with us
Tex117
AG
Holy eff, Crota Hard Mode is no joke. Everything up to Crota...No big deal. Crota is freakin hard, but Im sure once better strategies emerge, it will be much easier. The timing of getting things down is razor thin.

In any event, someone on my PUG uploaded a video of us killing Crota. Fight starts at 3min or so. The kill comes at about 10 min. We cut it so close, you can't even hear the sword hit as the swordbearer went down. It was within miliseconds.

Below was taken from The XB-1 Thread, that AggieChem took from reddit.

Copy and paste from reddit. This strategy is incredible and should work for both normal and hard. Watch every perspective for a full understanding

Worlds Fastest Hard Mode Crota Kill

Took us many tries but we defeated Crota with only two swords before ogres spawn. The time from the force field dropping to Crota's death was 3 minutes and 40 seconds. The people in our team were:

ComePlayDying666 /u/ComePlayDying666

Elite-Harvey /u/eliteharvey (Boomer Man): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-o6sk8QLdc&feature=youtu.be

Jcdb92ownzu /u/JCxHDx (Gjallarhorner's Point of View):

PandaBasher /u/PandaBasher (Another Gjallarhorner's Point of View):

Pietyu

Rickstir10 /u/Rickstir10 (Sword Wielder's Point of View):

Special Mention to Juwan11 /u/JayDaKing for helping us fight through the raid up to Crota and for assisting us in formulating our strategy!

Thanks for watching! I'm open to answer any questions and discuss our findings.

**EDIT:** Added my point of view as the sword wielder, which I believe may be useful to others.

**EDIT 2:** You guys asked for it so here it is. The written up version of our strategy:

1. At the start you want to prevent as much damage as possible from the adds on the left and right (due to no chalice mechanic in hard mode). To do this, our team utilized a Titan bubble with blessing of light in which we constantly walked in and out of while killing adds, refreshing the shield. **TAKE YOUR TIME AT THIS PART**. Crota's internal movement timer and boomer spawning will **NOT** start until one or more members of your team leaves the initial area.

2. After all adds are cleared, our team would leave the initial area through either the left or right side (depending on which we were closer to) and we would all migrate to the small ledge on the center of the map just outside the barriers that separate the crystal area from Crota's area. From this ledge four teammates would snipe the Swordbearer as he spawned while the teammate that plans on wielding the sword, along with a defender Titan with blessing of light, would run towards the Swordbearer in preparation to grab the sword as it drops. Once the sword was dropped, the sword wielder would run to the right side of the arena and jump up on the rock that leads to where Crota is standing. The Titan would follow the sword wielder to this point. The four guardians on the ledge in the center will **NOT** kill both boomers on the right or left.

3. Upon reaching the rock, the sword wielder would signal his four teammates on the center ledge to begin firing their Gjallarhorn (Each would fire on average one to two rockets + some primary fire). While the rockets are in air about to hit Crota, the sword wielder would jump up onto Crota's platform and begin running towards Crota. Meanwhile, the defender Titan would be chasing right behind the sword wielder and would drop his bubble right behind the sword wielder as soon as he begins swinging the sword. This bubble is crucial because not only does it act as a shield protecting the sword wielder from boomer shots on the right, but also spawns two orbs of light that will allow for the sword wielder to use his super before the sword disappears. After slamming Crota preferably 4 times (if timed perfectly), the sword wielder will quickly run back to the rock on the right and wait for his four teammates in the center to down Crota once again. Once the second set of missiles are in the air, the sword wielder will once again jump up to where Crota is standing, run through the Titan bubble, and attempt to get in another four slams. During this time, the defender that placed the bubble previously should be standing on the rock to the right of Crota, shooting at Crota with primary fire to assist in downing him. After this, the sword wielder will run back to the rock and await the third and final barrage of missiles. **GETTING A THIRD ROUND OF DAMAGE BEFORE THE SWORD DISAPPEARS IS HARD**. Even if you successfully timed the first two rounds of damage, the sword wielder will only have enough time for one slam cancelled into a super slam (which is exactly what I do in the video).

4. Have all guardians run to the back left portion of the map (Left when facing Crota). **BE CAREFUL!** Boomers will attempt to kill you and damage is not something you can afford to take (jumping helps massively at this part). After successfully running as far back as possible on the left, boomers should not be able to hit you. There is no need to kill these boomers (killing them would spawn a Major wizard) so instead maybe kill one and leave the other be. Have one person try to keep an eye out for Crota while he is on the right. The moment Crota beings to move back to the center, all guardians will migrate back to the outer ledge in the middle of the map. Hopefully the Swordbearer will be in sight at this point (sometimes he hides on the left). Repeat the same strategy for killing the first Swordbearer at this point.

5. Once the sword has been picked up, the sword wielder and Titan will follow the same procedure for the initial round of damage. After getting in about four slams Crota will enrage. We discovered that at around 15%-20% HP Crota will enrage no matter how fast your run was. **DON'T PANIC AND DON'T SHOOT THE OVERSOUL**. This point of the fight really is all or nothing. If you can't finish Crota at this point you are as good as dead. Make sure the four Gjallarhorn users do not panic. Have them wait for Crota's temporary invincibility that he normally has when standing up after crouching to wear off. At this point they will fire all they got to take him down while the sword wielder runs up and swings like he has never swung before.

6. Watch the overgrown knight hit the floor and enjoy your loot!

I think I hit the major points of our strategy and I hope it helps!

**EDIT 3:** PandaBasher's point of view was added and he was kind enough to record for you guys the strategy we used to easily take down Ogres if necessary

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2t80iy/worlds_fastest_hard_mode_crota_kill/
cr0wbar
AG
that was an intense post, Tex
Tex117
AG
Nah,

My post is only the first few sentences and ends with the youtube link. Everything after that is a reddit post discussing strategy.

Edit: Wow, NeoGaf and Reddit Destiny communities are melting down.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I am just gonna say it --- there is a fantastic use for Bad Juju on this raid --- the hallway of thrall. Bad JuJu + Obsidian Mind == God Mode.
jlb2957
AG
I think I got really lucky at around 18 or 19 and didn't realize it.

Randomly got an LDR 5001 whilst questing and now that I'm 20 (*24) this gun kicks some serious ass. I take down some of these really big guys in 2 or 3 shots.

How can I see what people in the TAMU clan are up to? I only have 2 of you on my friends list. I guess I should just go down the list and add everyone...

I am Lathspell87 for those who get an invite from me.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Xur is selling No Land Beyond again... WTF?!
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
quote:
Xur is selling No Land Beyond again... WTF?!

Xur:

Inventory: Tears & Disappointment
bearamedic99
AG
quote:

Inventory: Tears & Disappointment

Streetfighter 02
AG
I picked up the Thorn bounty and I don't think I'm going to be able to complete it. The PVP aspect is brutal. I only have a junky shotgun and junky rocket launcher that do void damage. At one point I was up to 35/500 points needed but after a bad match I was back down to 7. Jebus this is frustrating. Any tips would be appreciated.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.