Didn't someone here have some money stolen?

312,587 Views | 1196 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JD Shellnut
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
piag94 said:

Unfortunately, if it can be proven that the TexAgs ownership had knowledge of these "issues" and continued to give him access to our personal info, then that's a big problem. I like the site, but since the mods now have god status (in their own eyes), I spend less and less time here

They didn't give him access to anything any subscriber can get.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
piag94 said:

Unfortunately, if it can be proven that the TexAgs ownership had knowledge of these "issues" and continued to give him access to our personal info, then that's a big problem. I like the site, but since the mods now have god status (in their own eyes), I spend less and less time here

Our moderators do not have access to a user's personal information. They can access a user's public profile (which is public for all to see) and a user's log of moderation actions. That's it.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
piag94
AG
I was referring to Jorts himself having "extra" access to private info. And I did say "if" he did

The mods are a whole other issue. On many occasions when I got banned, I would get some smartarse comment from them. That's when I dropped my pay status.
aggielostinETX
AG
Brush Country Ag said:

digging tunnels said:

So my question from the early pages was never answered. When and where are the initial complaints of his scams first being brought to light? And his friends defending him?

Was this on the Varsity board? Is this why only a select few knew? Are those threads still active?
I did not know anything about his dealings...this was not on the Varsity board at any previous time.

That's not correct
gwellis
AG
drthoop said:

Seems like people want someone to blame. Nobody forced me to give Damon money. Yep, I'm one of the people he got money from. I did it of my own free will. Didn't have a gun held to my head. Luckily it wasn't anywhere close to the amount a lot of folks are out. But I'm the one that is ultimately to blame for what I lost. Not even Damon. I could have said no.
Posting info to "warn people" would bring up the whole "slander can of worms".
Not Texags fault. Not anyone else who was taken's fault. And not really Damon's fault. It was my fault for being taken in.
That said, yes, Damon is a sorry excuse for a human, but he is what he is. I think society has forgotten how to think and when something goes wrong loves to play the victim and blame someone else.
This post should end this thread in my opinion. Responsibility for one's own actions. Thank you for this post.
Gil '91
BoerneGator
AG
Potcake said:

After 18 years, I've finally learned not to let TA or poster attacks piss me off anymore. I have met 10-15 in person over the years. Some, who are arrogant as TA posters were very cordial and fun to be around. Others who come off as benign on TA have been quite the opposite IRL. TexAgs provides a lot of useful info and entertainment just be aware that you never know exactly who you're communicating with.
As one of those 10-15, Pat, I suspect I know where I fit on that spectrum, as we have discussed to some degree over the years. That said, I reckon you and I represent the dichotomy that exists on this site when the common heritage we share is often strained by a different political perspective.

And, sometimes that dichotomy is even expressed in how to manage coaching/player issues on the field/court when we act out our angst in what seems a never-ending drama. Which is what brought us together in the first place! (All the rest is just noise of our own making.)
comebackszNino
Good Ags and long time customers are banned off this site constantly but this loser was allowed to post unchecked for years? I bet his account is still active.
DOG XO 84
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

But either way this is 3 years later

Is this an intervention or a f you session bc yall gave someone money?
He stole from me in late 2017. Several thousand dollars of "retainer" money for legal services. I haven't hired many lawyers in my life, the several I engaged required a retainer. I never lended him money, I hired him to represent me and my GF,s son.
88jrt06
AG
digging tunnels said:

So my question from the early pages was never answered. When and where are the initial complaints of his scams first being brought to light? And his friends defending him?

Was this on the Varsity board? Is this why only a select few knew? Are those threads still active?
???
Good questions.
DOG XO 84
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Redstone said:

Is it really difficult for you to understand the basics of lawyering? Anyone who accepts payment takes action as is appropriate - which means PAPER and FILING - or its fraud

Period l
Maybe he did maybe he didn't but 3rd hand stories don't hold much water

This is nothing more than a 3 to 5 year birch fest that somehow got the owner of the site involved

He didn't. I have every text that the lying scumbag ever sent. This is no 3rd hand story. Come to Austin sometime and I'll be glad to show them to you.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Okay, then I will address that specifically: Damon never had access to personal user information at any point in time.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
Eric Forman
AG
1) Not shocking at all; you reap what you sow. Making excuses for his behavior is asinine. While I understand not wanting to hate the dude, he is the one who created the circumstances... and that **** doesn't come without consequences.

2) Well played Mookie. A damn decent troll job.

3) TIL WatchOle has like 6 kids. TV dude... go buy one.
TexasAggie_02
AG
trouble said:

I have no idea about the money for toombs' son. I do know that compliance shut that down because they considered it improper benefits. I have no idea what happened after that.
I must've missed him collecting money for Toombs' son. I remember Toombs selling t-shirts to raise money. I bought a shirt directly from Toombs, so it didn't pass through jorts' hands.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
What is the reason that moderators are kept cloaked in anonymity?
KW02
AG
Thought staff was going to post a more full response last night. Still waiting. People who steal and scam are the lowest of low.
Rudyjax
AG
I didn't see the answer, was the Orphan granddaughter thing legit?
88jrt06
AG
piag94 said:

Jorts is a loser, idiot. But the mods needs to clean their act up too. I've seen so many smartarse responses to (albeit dumb posts) from the mods that are so disrespect to paying consumers from interns that have no idea what they are saying. That's why this site will get zero dollars from me until the mods learn to act right and understand they work for the customers
Likewise. Paid for 15+/- years, both Premium and Varsity at different times.
No mas. All about (lack of) proper Moderation.
Hope a lot of you go "free", so we can force improvement on this site and arrest the decline in quality.

"Good 'ol Damon" is just the most blatant loser here. There are a number of entitled jerks, relying on their same old favoritism by staff, who run wild, spreading lies and **** ...ing with people. Because staff lets them. Funny, huh, staff? Y'all laugh at the tailgate?

Best thing that can happen to TexAgs at this late point is demonstrably declining subscriptions. Hope it happens.
User feedback is ignored or condescended to; "pals" are taken care of, just like Damon. Damon's just sicker than *most* of the other usuals.
Hood
AG
Can someone point me to these Worthless Smug Basterd Rewards Program™ some of these non-subscribers are alluding to? I feel like I may not be getting my money's worth.
BoerneGator
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

I'm just impressed at how many people are still falling for Mookie's troll jobs.

Outside of Jorts, his bit has to be the longest running bit on TexAgs.
As with any good comedian, the best troll's trolls are at least 1/2 true. Mookie is no exception. It's mostly posted for its troll value, but based on truth, or at least "his version" of it. And I say this as someone who's hung out with Mookie, in years past...
Tecolote
AG
WatchOle said:

piag94 said:

Our moderators do not have access to a user's personal information. They can access a user's public profile (which is public for all to see) and a user's log of moderation actions. That's it.
Brandon, what burns me is that Jorts had moderator privileges. You were letting a wolf self-police. I remember specific cases on another board where he and his cohorts would use the most vile language and comments and if you replied in kind your comments would be removed and you'd be threatened with a permaban. All the while their comments stayed up - so seems like Jorts was allowed to provoke and then hide behind being a moderator to try to bully you into backing down. Bad bull Ag.

Also, on Varsity there is a thread, started by Jorts no less, on getting to know your Varsity community. People posted very personal information, full names, pictures, etc. You knew of Jorts' actions and of that thread. Seems that can be viewed as just a playground for Jorts to dig up people's personal information.
trouble
AG
Rudyjax said:

I didn't see the answer, was the Orphan granddaughter thing legit?

Yes.
Guitarsoup
AG
Would sure love to hear from Toombs if his family ever received the money that Damon raised
Eric Forman
AG
I hear jorts tried to keep it for himself but Toombs grabbed it and drug him for 20 yards for a TD.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

What is the reason that moderators are kept cloaked in anonymity?

That has been my #1 problem with this site and the reason I am close to no longer being a paid member.

A moderator who hands out temp or permanent bans should at least own it, not be some mysterious/unknown entity. The anonymity fosters a lot of distrust and feelings that mods do things with personal vendettas.

I'll never understand the reason for them to be anonymous.
Bocephus
AG
I love TexAgs. Never had any major issues with the moderators. I think they do a great job.

Life is not fair. Everyone is not treated equally. No one is sticking a gun to your head and forcing you to post on here or give them money.
Redstone
AG
Yup. For example, literally stating the 1,900 year old position of a major world religion, one I share, on a hot-button topic.
fasthorse05
"sometimes"!

The fact you had an emoticon there was apropos. There are times BEFORE any football games, that I expect a thread about the play calling from our OC.

Sorry for the derail, your post was accurate and humorous.
Nosh
88jrt06 said:

piag94 said:

Jorts is a loser, idiot. But the mods needs to clean their act up too. I've seen so many smartarse responses to (albeit dumb posts) from the mods that are so disrespect to paying consumers from interns that have no idea what they are saying. That's why this site will get zero dollars from me until the mods learn to act right and understand they work for the customers
Hope a lot of you go "free", so we can force improvement on this site and arrest the decline in quality.

"Good 'ol Damon" is just the most blatant loser here. There are a number of entitled jerks, relying on their same old favoritism by staff, who run wild, spreading lies and **** ...ing with people. Because staff lets them. Funny, huh, staff? Y'all laugh at the tailgate?

Best thing that can happen to TexAgs at this late point is demonstrably declining subscriptions. Hope it happens.
User feedback is ignored or condescended to; "pals" are taken care of, just like Damon. Damon's just sicker than *most* of the other usuals.

These call out posts have typically ended in permabans of good Ags of all subscription levels.
Post removed:
by user
BohunkAg
AG
88jrt06 said:

piag94 said:

It's an Internet message board, dude. Chill out.
Tecolote
AG
Nosh said:

88jrt06 said:

piag94 said:

These call out posts have typically ended in permabans of good Ags of all subscription levels.
Well, if you read through all the call out posts on this thread and permaban them, TexAgs subscription levels would have double digit losses.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Bocephus said:

I love TexAgs. Never had any major issues with the moderators. I think they do a great job.

Life is not fair. Everyone is not treated equally. No one is sticking a gun to your head and forcing you to post on here or give them money.

I get that, and I love TexAgs myself, been here a long time.

But that "Highway 6 Runs Both Ways" mentality isn't a great business motto.

I would think customers would have a right to voice concerns, and if I was Brandon, I'd want to hear it.... and not just have othet posters tell them to suck it up or stop paying. It's Brandon's money, not yours, no need for you to speak for him.

Edit to add, I'm pretty sure there are lots of examples of some posters getting away with what others are issued temp bans for.... depending on if you are of the same viewpoint as the mod. Yeah, I know, life isn't fair, I get that too. But it is naive to say every poster is treated the same by all mods.
Nosh
Bocephus said:

A concerning position to hold for someone in your profession.
91_Aggie
AG
piag94 said:

[We are leaving this thread alone as much as possible to let people vent but we are going to be very clear about that subject
The volunteer moderators do not have access to the personal information of any posters and that included Damon. -Staff]
Again, if you look at almost every other message board/forum/reddit, the Mods are public information for the users of the board.

It sounds like you are afraid you'll lose your "free" mod labor if they can't be anonymous.
If they are "regular" posters on the boards, then they need to be known by everyone.
If someone is afraid of being known as a mod, then they shouldn't be a mod... that should be your first criteria for selecting mods... because if they are afraid of that then it shows they know they can't make unbiased decisions.

they have to be "above" the fray.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.