Didn't someone here have some money stolen?

312,594 Views | 1196 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JD Shellnut
Player To Be Named Later
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nosh said:

Bocephus said:

I love TexAgs. Never had any major issues with the moderators. I think they do a great job.

Life is not fair. Everyone is not treated equally. No one is sticking a gun to your head and forcing you to post on here or give them money.

A concerning position to hold for someone in your profession.

Not all of us in his profession share that view, obviously
MooreTrucker
AG
Nosh said:

Bocephus said:

I love TexAgs. Never had any major issues with the moderators. I think they do a great job.

Life is not fair. Everyone is not treated equally. No one is sticking a gun to your head and forcing you to post on here or give them money.

Boy, there's a lot of stupid on this thread.

What does his "profession" have to do with this observation? Truth is truth. Doesn't mean HE doesn't treat everyone equally, but life (and other people) sure don't.
wreckingcrew44
S
And I just paid him a small sum of money to retain him. I'm guessing that's gone.
2006EE
AG
Nosh said:

Bocephus said:

burn.gif
2006EE
AG
wreckingcrew44 said:

And I just paid him a small sum of money to retain him. I'm guessing that's gone.
Likely. That sucks. Tell the bar.
Tecolote
AG
2006EE said:

Nosh said:

Bocephus said:

burn.gif
Thought the "sticking a gun to your head" was very concerning,
comebackszNino
Player To Be Named Later said:

I'm pretty sure there are lots of examples of some posters getting away with what others are issued temp bans for
Yep
wadd96
AG
wreckingcrew44 said:

Heck, you probably paid his bail...
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Tmoneyag99
AG
JoniG said:

Well TexAgs is known for mob mentality.
Social Media is known for lynch mob mentality. Every group has it's own culture and unwritten sets of rules for behavior. If someone gets out of line then the lynch mobbing occurs. It's the oldest form of enforcement of social rules. If you think about it, it's really interesting that we really haven't evolved that much as a people.

I have been a member of a Women's forum that is similar to this, read reddit from a high level, and been part of a parenting group on facebook... This happens to every group eventually.

The woman's forum I am part of quite literally had a few people arrested for stalking. At the same time they helped save a girl from parental abuse. Social Media is a strange animal that is just now old enough for us to see how dangerous it can be and how awesome it can be based on the culture of the community. ie Egyptians using twitter in 2011 to revolt.

Many on here were friends with Damon before his issues really took hold. I'm not going to discuss what those are because it's not my place. There is a bit of a sliding scale of criminals from the point of view from society based on the egregiousness of their behavior. (If you are christian all sin is weighted equally)

Here are some examples from my point of view only. :

• Level 1 - Temporary/Momentary crimes for survival/acceptance. eg Father that has lost his job and steals groceries to feed his family or the dumb teenager that commits vandalism to impress his friends.
  • Level 2 - Early Stages addict that steals from friends and family to feed his addiction.
  • Level 3 - Full blown addict that uses the techniques used during level 2 to manipulate more distance acquaintances to feed their addiction.
  • Level 4 - Low Level Member of a Gang or other organized crime organization that must commit crimes in effort to achieve goals of the organization. Usually become involved due to fear of survival in their environment.
  • Level 5-6 Fully entrenched organized crime members who/whom are heavily influenced by the leader but are not necessarily full blown sociopaths
  • Level 7 - Functioning sociopaths. (Often these are people with low morals, can appear just like you. Often they are people very active and important in the community and people are utterly surprised when they find out they have been defrauding their places of employment or charitable organizations for years.
  • Level 8- Legitimate sociopaths. Often don't have a concise nor any sort of addiction. Will do anything to get what they want and love themselves so much that they know drugs would hurt the self they love so much. They will do anything to get what they want with the least amount of work. Even if it means lying, manipulating, and theft.. Have difficulty forming attachments with others can form SOME attachments and feel SOME empathy. ( Joey Buttafuoco, Whats His face Ponzi)
  • Level 9: Self controlled and calculating. Controlling. Uterly unable to make connections. Able to fake emotions they can't (Jim Jones, John Wayne Gacy)

Anyone can transition between levels 1 through 6. Unlikely at 8 -9 unless the mental disorders were already present and the time they began their behaviors.

So the reason why I am saying this is that at any point in time the larger a community becomes whether online or IRL any of these types of criminals are part of the community. 1) TexAgs is not a law enforcement agency and like most social media, is not equipped nor has the expertise to deal with criminals. 2) If someone on social media defrauds you or steals from you, you have the right AND The obligation to report them to the authorities. If you do not... Then the responsibility is on your shoulders if the person commits the crime again. Not the forum or venue with where they choose to commit their crimes.

If you are the victim of a crime via contact on social media it is on you to report it to the appropriate authorities. If you do not, you cannot get angry because a non-law enforcement agency did not take action. This happens on social Media ALL OF THE TIME. It even happened on Orangebloods. We all made fun of them by being defrauded much more easily.

Once again, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, Instagram... none of them have the ability or authority to identify, investigate and prosecute criminal behavior outside the regular justice system. Let the American Judicial system do its job.

I have seen these types of behaviors in my personal life, on line and at work. I'm never surprised by them anymore because people are always afraid to speak up to the *correct* individuals with the authority and expertise to investigate and prosecute. And then when the person's behavior gets worse because no one forced them to experience the ultimate consequences of their behavior, everyone wants to call out *someone* that is usually in some unrelated leadership position for not doing something. When in reality, every victim, every person in the know had the opportunity to bring light to the issue. The people in charge and with the greatest ability to do something are always the last to know.

Al Bula
AG
third coast.. said:

my autorenew is turned off due to moderation
ditto. I turned off premium subscription yesterday.

Maybe if there is truly more insight into rules and moderation I'll consider paying again.
thirty-two
AG
Can't believe I just now clicked on this thread...
Eric Forman
AG
Tots & pears for your lack of productivity for the next hour.
Aggiehunter34
S
Flexbone said:

Furlock Bones said:

Ragoo said:

Man, hope he gets life figured out.

He's not going to. Surprised at how this site has protected him.

He's an Aggie and our friend. Get the **** out of here with that. We'll back him up and support him for life. People can figure it out. We'll never give up on one of our own.
Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal....Is he really an Aggie?
Wildmen03
AG
Aggiehunter34 said:

Flexbone said:

Furlock Bones said:

Ragoo said:

He's an Aggie and our friend. Get the **** out of here with that. We'll back him up and support him for life. People can figure it out. We'll never give up on one of our own.
https://www.aggienetwork.com/profile/aggie.aspx?q=gLN3uMrFcpwSyPu%2bV65zTM8VRa9be09eGdcm2AAf7d8%3d
Redstone
AG
There is a point, usually early in the life process of say, a lawyer taking money and then doing zero action, when a "friend" role is primarily a truth-teller, along the lines of:

"Because I care about you as a person, I have to call out your pattern of behavior. I will be here for you, if you meet me halfway....." ect.

Tecolote
AG
Wildmen03 said:

Aggiehunter34 said:

Flexbone said:

Furlock Bones said:

Ragoo said:

https://www.aggienetwork.com/profile/aggie.aspx?q=gLN3uMrFcpwSyPu%2bV65zTM8VRa9be09eGdcm2AAf7d8%3d

Seemed he paid attention in getting that psychology degree to the point of manipulating people.
Eric Forman
AG
Don't forget a very key element of the Code... "or tolerate those who do". Tolerate means to allow circumstances to happen without interference. Anyone who supports the behavior, via act or voice, is absolutely tolerating the behavior.
Angry Beaver
AG
trouble
AG
Only works when multiple friends do it. If there are others that enable in whatever way, the one trying to hold him accountable gets ostracized.
Roman Moronie
Still waiting for someone to say this is fake news. Really sad.
Goodest Poster
AG
Furlock Bones said:

BohunkAg said:

You can Venmo me some of that dirty east Texas money if it makes you feel better

You live in West. What could you possibly do with money? Put an extra lift on your 99 Chevy. Rent some rims.
OD on Kolaches? Pay to start a blog on kolaches vs klobasnicks?
Boo Weekley
gwellis said:

drthoop said:

Seems like people want someone to blame. Nobody forced me to give Damon money. Yep, I'm one of the people he got money from. I did it of my own free will. Didn't have a gun held to my head. Luckily it wasn't anywhere close to the amount a lot of folks are out. But I'm the one that is ultimately to blame for what I lost. Not even Damon. I could have said no.
Posting info to "warn people" would bring up the whole "slander can of worms".
Not Texags fault. Not anyone else who was taken's fault. And not really Damon's fault. It was my fault for being taken in.
That said, yes, Damon is a sorry excuse for a human, but he is what he is. I think society has forgotten how to think and when something goes wrong loves to play the victim and blame someone else.
This post should end this thread in my opinion. Responsibility for one's own actions. Thank you for this post.
Nah, pretty sure the fraud/scam artist is the one to blame. I hope he changes. Sometimes we have to acknowledge that we are pieces of crap in order to change.

Don't take any responsibility off him. That's just silly...and enabling.
DOG XO 84
AG
Token said:

trouble said:

We've thought he was at or below rock bottom several times now. He just finds new ways to go lower.
yet y'all enabled him though
Speak for yourself. I enabled no one. I had no reason to suspect he was a criminal when I hired him. I posted on the Austin board asking for referrals for family practice attorney in Round Rock. He replied that he could supply referrals and after speaking with me offered to take me as a client.

I only wish this thread had started 2 years ago.
Aggie_2463
AG
I really only stick to the premium / AF boards and have been around for probably 10 years now regularly and had no idea about any of this. I saw Jorts was on the fan show, and then he wasn't. I never knew what his affiliation with Texags was, but damn it's crazy how much of a persona people can build just on an internet forum. I don't know anyone from Texags in real life besides 3-4 people. I know plenty on texags, I just never ask their handle lol.
BoerneGator
AG
Quote:

Sometimes we have to acknowledge that we are pieces of crap in order to change.
Sadly, Damon missed his opportunity for redemption with THIS community, the very one that elevated him to "Legendary" status, when he emerged from his self-induced coma/near death experience. Had he done so, ''tis thread, while still necessary, most certainly would have taken a completely different direction than it has.

So, while perhaps cathartic for some/many, Damon is likely still wrestling with his demons, while the rest of us are bickering over his poor choices, and our various involvements in them. The final chapter has yet to be lived/written. Let us all endeavor to ensure our role (if any), is one we won't regret.
PJYoung
AG
Rusty GCS said:

aggiepaintrain said:

kb2001 said:

SPF250 said:

kb2001 said:

So, I see an Austin arrest also

Looks like theft of property in 2015, less than $100. Probably not worth mentioning on its own, but alongside three other arrests it sheds more light on the downward spiral

https://www.bustedmugshots.com/texas/austin/damon-robertson/178986221

Read again. That's greater than $100.
Yeah, my mistake

Looks like a hot check, or "theft by check". Dismissed when he made restitution, nothing out of the ordinary there

http://deed.co.travis.tx.us/ords/f?p=105:2:0::NO::P2_CASE_ID,P2_PARTY_ID,P2_PARTY_TYPE,P2_PARTY_NUMBER:1179136,3233369,DF,1

I'd say being arrested is out of the ordinary.

Oooh look at me, I'm not from East Texas

Best comment on this thread.

Easily.
GeorgiAg
AG
Wishing I hadn't clicked on this thread.
Boo Weekley
BoerneGator said:

Quote:

Sometimes we have to acknowledge that we are pieces of crap in order to change.
Sadly, Damon missed his opportunity for redemption with THIS community, the very one that elevated him to "Legendary" status, when he emerged from his self-induced coma/near death experience. Had he done so, ''tis thread, while still necessary, most certainly would have taken a completely different direction than it has.

So, while perhaps cathartic for some/many, Damon is likely still wrestling with his demons, while the rest of us are bickering over his poor choices, and our various involvements in them. The final chapter has yet to be lived/written. Let us all endeavor to ensure our role (if any), is one we won't regret.
I agree...I hope/pray he stays strong and can truly transform his life for the better. Very difficult to do without help from the big man upstairs.

No matter what he has done in his life, it can be forgiven. Even if every person he has hurt doesn't forgive him.
Redstone
AG
So we have at least a couple first-hand accounts of TexAgs connection for retainer payment, which may or may not be solicitation ( I don't know), and who reported / knew what when issues.
Second, the well-articulated issues with moderation / transparency.

Brandon, again, I absolutely have respect for you, and admiration for the building of a great site, but these 2 situations here are not just serious but require a comprehensive reckoning.
Post removed:
by user
Yukon Cornelius
AG
I do too have an issue with the modding. I try and be very respectful to the rules on this site and only post information thats relative to their respective boards.

On one such occasion I made a poor photoshop picture of bevo for the tears threads. It was shortly removed. I didnt think it was offensive or violated any rules. It seemed to have only bothered one mod. I respectively asked for an explanation either in that thread like I see staff edits explaining the edit or a PM to explain why it was removed so I do not make the same mistake twice. Nothing was ever explained or mentioned about it. No one admitted to having removed it, only it was gone. Seems strange as a paying customer to have something like that be removed without explanation. I never made mentioned it again or wanted to make a fuss about it because 1. Im not petty and 2. I dont want to get banned.

I think the modding should be better and if something gets removed an explanation should be given and mods should have to explain themselves. I dont think thats too much to ask.
bobbranco
AG
Redstone said:

So we have at least a couple first-hand accounts of TexAgs connection for retainer payment, which may or may not be solicitation ( I don't know), and who reported / knew what when issues.
Second, the well-articulated issues with moderation / transparency.

Brandon, again, I absolutely have respect for you, and admiration for the building of a great site, but these 2 situations here are not just serious but require a comprehensive reckoning.
Please stop.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Sad deal all around. I was never close with Damon but considered him a friend. I was aware of his initial legal troubles so never gave him any money when he hit me up for cash multiple times over the past year or two. I wanted to believe him and help him out but I just wasn't buying his stories. Broke my heart since I knew he was in a bad way but I wasn't going to contribute to his demons. I hope & pray he gets the help he needs and that he is one day able to make retribution to all that he has wronged.
GeorgiAg
AG
third coast.. said:

GeorgiAg said:

Wishing I hadn't clicked on this thread.

legitimately curious as to why.
Because it's 18 pages. And I couldn't help but read all 18 pages.
Tmoneyag99
AG
DOG XO 84 said:

Token said:

trouble said:

We've thought he was at or below rock bottom several times now. He just finds new ways to go lower.
yet y'all enabled him though
Speak for yourself. I enabled no one. I had no reason to suspect he was a criminal when I hired him. I posted on the Austin board asking for referrals for family practice attorney in Round Rock. He replied that he could supply referrals and after speaking with me offered to take me as a client.

I only wish this thread had started 2 years ago.
I think most people only found out a year ago what he was up to. So I'm sorry, hopefully you are the last of his victims.

Frankly this is not uncommon for this type of crime. It appears that most people at the beginning were all his very close friends. Like multiple year friends. Friends that new him prior to this behavior. So when the behavior began no one really thought it was a trend.

Most people that engage in unethical/criminal behavior have done so for a while before they are originally caught. That is because usually in the begining they are incredibly careful about how they go about their machinations. Every time they get away with them they get more and more relaxed and victimize greater volumes of people.

Hope everyone here has learned an incredibly valuable lesson... Google every person you go into business with. There is enough information on social media between linked in and facebook and instagram to do your own background checks. If you are going to be putting up large sums of money you should absolutely pay $20 for a background check. A simple $20 back ground check would save many of you tons of grief. Some of the things that would have tipped you off to steer clear were on a simple background check or name google. I personally would not ever engage in business with someone if I couldn't or didn't do a background search on them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.