Didn't someone here have some money stolen?

312,613 Views | 1196 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JD Shellnut
Player To Be Named Later
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Internet group think is a real thing. Some just won't admit their cool kids club wasn't so cool.
goodAg80
AG
I don't think anyone here has the right to be sanctimonious about the situation.

Unless you knew exactly what happened, you should not be calling out others.

Most of us only knew him as a merry jokester who liked to talk smack to our rivals. He never scammed us. He never imposed on us. IMO he wasn't just posting to scam people. However it looks like his demons took over and he opportunistically took advantage of individuals. Bernie Madoff was much more egregious and got away with it for decades. This is not a defense of what he did in any way, just highlighting that is not always obvious about what is going on.

So lighten up on criticizing anyone who had some suspicions, most probably handled it the best they knew how.
Post removed:
by user
piag94
AG
People in general are weak minded. Even after it's been proven he is a POS people still defend him. The owners of this site need to do some major damage control. One of the many reasons why I stopped giving them my money. The mods here are insanely inconsistent. It's like as long as your eating at the popular table you have free reign to do anything. What are we....12 years old???
Charpie
AG
You idiots act like I've never had issues with staff. You know why you think I haven't? BECAUSE I DON'T BLEED ABOUT IT.

Now I'm off to go blow fishrcoag while dreaming of my love, trouble.
Post removed:
by user
BQ_90
AG
Another reason why secret mods isn't a good thing
BohunkAg
AG
Again, can we have Rivalries back?
Charpie
AG
No
Post removed:
by user
BohunkAg
AG
Charpie said:

No

How is this playing out over on the Facebook group?
goodAg80
AG
Charpie said:

You idiots act like I've never had issues with staff. You know why you think I haven't? BECAUSE I DON'T BLEED ABOUT IT.

Now I'm off to go blow fishrcoag while dreaming of my love, trouble.

Now you've done it.
BQ_90
AG
BohunkAg said:

Charpie said:

No

How is this playing out over on the Facebook group?
Throws gas on the fire..............
Al Bula
AG
I'd be interested to know who the cronies are and who has been scammed.
Charpie
AG
Which one?
piag94
AG
I've said and will continue to say some dumb things on TexAgs. I've been banned for ridiculously petty stuff (on the mods side). Yet they allowed this dude to do and say anything while stealing from the Aggie community. The old saying that applies here is:
"Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear what you're saying"

Staff knew what was going on. Maybe not to full extent, but they knew. Disappointed
Post removed:
by user
BohunkAg
AG
piag94 said:

I've said and will continue to say some dumb things on TexAgs. I've been banned for ridiculously petty stuff (on the mods side). Yet they allowed this dude to do and say anything while stealing from the Aggie community. The old saying that applies here is:

Staff knew what was going on. Maybe not to full extent, but they knew. Disappointed

In Brandon's defense I don't know how much he knew. There were actions taken (like not being allowed on the Fan Show, etc). I mean, shoot, how many members are here.

Additionally the victims here are the ones that got taken advantage of monetarily and emotionally. You don't get to claim to be a victim if you got e-butthurt on the message boards. You just don't. Some of the people that some of you are claiming were in Damon's "clique" are the ones who got taken advantage of the worst. So spare me all of you who are bleeding all over this thread.

There. I've said my peace.
BQ_90
AG
Why do you think varsity numbers have dropped. Add all that plus the crap with the websites mod banning varsity people and protecting posters who broke forum rules.
BohunkAg
AG
By the way, I never loaned him a dime thankfully. My old lady would've killed me.
Naveronski
piag94
AG
So he got kicked off the show. Why???? Cause staff knew some of what he was doing. You don't take something away from someone who was "worshipped" on the show unless you knew something was a tad wrong..
BohunkAg
AG
Charpie said:

Which one?

The bohunk is gawd group.
Charpie
AG
I'm not a member of that one anymore
jokershady
AG
Damn! I've been on Texags floating around different boards since 2006 or 2007....and never encountered anything like this....

This is nuts!
agswin2001
AG
third coast.. said:

TooCold said:

Charpie said:

Partly because if you dated speak out about him, his "friends" would show up to defend him.

Incredibly ironic post is incredibly ironic.

My only regret is that I have but only one blue star to give you...
Rusty GCS
AG
BohunkAg said:

piag94 said:

In Brandon's defense I don't know how much he knew. There were actions taken (like not being allowed on the Fan Show, etc). I mean, shoot, how many members are here.

Additionally the victims here are the ones that got taken advantage of monetarily and emotionally. You don't get to claim to be a victim if you got e-butthurt on the message boards. You just don't. Some of the people that some of you are claiming were in Damon's "clique" are the ones who got taken advantage of the worst. So spare me all of you who are bleeding all over this thread.

There. I've said my peace.

How is the West water head making the most sense?
trouble
AG
I agree with a lot of this
Liquid Wrench
I never had any interactions with Jorts, but I think one big lesson here is: don't entrust your finances or legal fortunes to a total stranger from the internet simply because they like a football team you like and say mean things about schools you don't like.

Repeat: just because a total stranger on the internet has similar sports loyalties does not mean you should trust him with your own well being. Even if he uses a bunch of socks to brag on what a great, great, incredible, generous and loyal person he is in real life - he's still a total stranger to you.
BohunkAg
AG
I will also mention that sometimes it takes folks more time to come to their senses about folks, especially when their intentions are good.
samsal75
AG
Now this thread has me really confused!!! Why is Charpie dreaming about trouble and not me??
greg.w.h
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

I never had any interactions with Jorts, but I think one big lesson here is: don't entrust your finances or legal fortunes to a total stranger from the internet simply because they like a football team you like and say mean things about schools you don't like.

Repeat: just because a total stranger on the internet has similar sports loyalties does not mean you should trust him with your own well being. Even if he uses a bunch of socks to brag on what a great, great, incredible, generous and loyal person he is in real life - he's still a total stranger to you.

Corollary: ask friends (face-to-face friends) you trust for referrals for folks providing services and then vet the referral through other means.
country
AG
I can't believe this thread is still rolling. I'm not a big fan of jorts but dang. Does it make everyone feel better to continue to bash staff over him? What is the end game here? Do you guys want staff sued for your precieved lack of action? Do you want a formal apology pre-written in your own words so that it satisfies? Do you want them to shut down texags? I just can't get past 7 pages, most of which is directed at Brandon and other staff more than Damon.

I have stars still but I quit posting on varsity long ago for many more reasons than Damon. That place turned into the most cliquish place of know it alls I've ever seen. Completely changed from when it was created.
wadd96
AG
I had a couple of calls asking for $10K while he waited for a "big settlement." I politely declined.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
drthoop
AG
country said:

I can't believe this thread is still rolling. I'm not a big fan of jorts but dang. Does it make everyone feel better to continue to bash staff over him? What is the end game here? Do you guys want staff sued for your precieved lack of action? Do you want a formal apology pre-written in your own words so that it satisfies? Do you want them to shut down texags? I just can't get past 7 pages, most of which is directed at Brandon and other staff more than Damon.

I have stars still but I quit posting on varsity long ago for many more reasons than Damon. That place turned into the most cliquish place of know it alls I've ever seen. Completely changed from when it was created.
Could not have said it better my friend. Everything you said. I too still have my stars and was one of the original Varsity members but post very rarely due to the things you elude to. Had nothing to do with Damon.

Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.