Didn't someone here have some money stolen?

312,599 Views | 1196 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JD Shellnut
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel violated.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
William K. Klingaman
Guess i'm missing the humor in a trusted poster and TexAgs legend scamming innocent posters out of what sounds like 10's of thousands of $'s.
trouble
AG
dermdoc said:

I feel violated.

And you like it
CDUB98
AG
trouble said:

dermdoc said:

I feel violated.

And you like it
Comeby!
AG
Nm, I posted too late.
Burdizzo
AG
UncoverAg00 said:

Don't forget cavity searches.

Eric Forman
AG
Finding humor in a serious situation does nothing to diminish the seriousness of the situation.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Bocephus said:

Player To Be Named Later said:

Nosh said:

Bocephus said:

I love TexAgs. Never had any major issues with the moderators. I think they do a great job.

Life is not fair. Everyone is not treated equally. No one is sticking a gun to your head and forcing you to post on here or give them money.

A concerning position to hold for someone in your profession.

Not all of us in his profession share that view, obviously

I want to switch to your department then

Lots of your folks already have
Tecolote
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

SACR said:

2006EE said:

SACR said:

wadd96 said:

You're right. I am sharing way too much personal information with you f***inf morons.

The point if my posts is this ... There are many, MYSELF INCLUDED, that have a deep, personal connection here. And we have been irreparably harmed.

But thanks for being an internet warrior.
You're lack of self-awareness is breathtaking.

Pot and kettle.
Yes, because I'm bragging about being 'informal security' at a wedding, and how I'd 'go to' prison if someone showed up. We're exactly the same.

You're easily as big a clown as wadd96. The David Beal thread is a pretty good example - https://texags.com/forums/74/topics/3010096
Oh, tis gonna b gud - the secret board.
BohunkAg
AG
Tecolote said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

SACR said:

2006EE said:

SACR said:

wadd96 said:

You're right. I am sharing way too much personal information with you f***inf morons.

The point if my posts is this ... There are many, MYSELF INCLUDED, that have a deep, personal connection here. And we have been irreparably harmed.

But thanks for being an internet warrior.
You're lack of self-awareness is breathtaking.

Pot and kettle.
Yes, because I'm bragging about being 'informal security' at a wedding, and how I'd 'go to' prison if someone showed up. We're exactly the same.

You're easily as big a clown as wadd96. The David Beal thread is a pretty good example - https://texags.com/forums/74/topics/3010096
Oh, tis gonna b gud - the secret board.
We can finally sit on the damn sidelines on this thing and watch!
William K. Klingaman
UncoverAg00 said:

Finding humor in a serious situation does nothing to diminish the seriousness of the situation.

I guess this feels a bit "too soon" for the humor to seem beneficial to those on the site who are still screwed by these actions. I'll get off my high horse now.
Olsen
AG
CherryLodes said:

So this has turned into an absolute cluster, can I start the petition for the NSFW forum here? I vaguely remember asking once before but lots of wine may have been involved and I don't remember exactly how I was told NO

I second this as long as Cherry is the mod on that subforum...
samsal75
AG
".....All the while you have regular Joe's getting much more harsh punishments. Take Eddie the 7-11 cashier, for instance; he showed some pictures of tiddies to customers and he got sent to prison for life with no chance of parole....".

Wow! I'd sure hate to think I will have to retire my Jimmy Buffett tailgate photos!!!
Kozmozag
Netflix should make a sitcom out of this...lol
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Netflix is trash. Ruined everything they've taken over
ATL Aggie
AG
A community like this needs to be able to self-police. The fact that victims feared retaliation is the most disturbing thing about this situation.
quanah
ATL Aggie said:

A community like this needs to be able to self-police. The fact that victims feared retaliation is the most disturbing thing about this situation.

Isn't that how real policing works, as well?
Thriller
AG
I don't think this particular community (and maybe most) are capable of self-policing. Too much of a mob mentality at times. There are portions of this site that are giant echo chambers (mods included).
Rebel-E91
AG
Tecolote said:

SACR said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

This was one helluva hour and a half long read. And here I thought phantasytour.com was a giant s show.

I have no idea who this jorts TA "character" is other than I recognize his mugshot from seeing him at basketball games all the time looking like he thought he was Harvey Weinstein around every girl he walked up to.

And to think he'd actually be allowed back on TexAgs if he reconciles with other posters after maliciously screwing over so many people?

Yikes indeed.

While I see your point here, are you a Christian? Are you not called on to forgive?

I don't know the religious beliefs of any of the moderators (nor do I have any desire to), but some people believe there is no sin too great to forgive, and act on that belief.

While I completely understand people who quote the Aggie Code of Honor and believe he shouldn't be allowed on here because he has violated it, I also understand some people will believe he should be forgiven if he seeks out forgiveness and makes restitution. Everyone is different and will have a different reaction to this situation.
Think you are overthinking it. The issue is Brandon said he would be welcomed back if he made amends and reconciled with those he hurt. There are a lot of past posters who had their accounts permabanned who have never had that statement said so boldly about them - and they likely were permabanned quicker and over much less than Jorts.
Free PhiAggie
schmendeler
AG
PMC2012 said:

is this the point to say wildly exaggerated things to sound hard?
black_hat_ag
Yukon Cornelius
AG
schmendeler said:

PMC2012 said:

To sound hard? Don't be silly. Netflix is trash. Nothing tough guy about saying that.
schmendeler
AG
PMC2012 said:

schmendeler said:

PMC2012 said:

To sound hard? Don't be silly. Netflix is trash. Nothing tough guy about saying that.
sorry, not hard, just dumb. where is this hot take coming from?
Yukon Cornelius
AG
I see often people saying Netflix should make this or that. However there are far better companies to make stuff. It's not so much a hot take but just a plain statement. Netflix nailed it in their beginning but now they seem lazy or something and the stuff they make now is trash. Sorry if that offends you.
Madman
AG
They have gone full SJW.
schmendeler
AG
PMC2012 said:

I see often people saying Netflix should make this or that. However there are far better companies to make stuff. It's not so much a hot take but just a plain statement. Netflix nailed it in their beginning but now they seem lazy or something and the stuff they make now is trash. Sorry if that offends you.
i'm not offended. honestly, I just forgot what board this thread was located on. so the nonsense over the top opinion that everything Netflix makes now is trash makes sense given the location. so, carry on.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Well you're acting offended by your over the top nonsense responses. Again just to clarify since you seem to be premature in your determination, this is not meant as a tough guy internet response. Thx and Gig Em.
Eric Forman
AG
AggieBill005
AG
Rebel-E91 said:

Tecolote said:

SACR said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

This was one helluva hour and a half long read. And here I thought phantasytour.com was a giant s show.

I have no idea who this jorts TA "character" is other than I recognize his mugshot from seeing him at basketball games all the time looking like he thought he was Harvey Weinstein around every girl he walked up to.

And to think he'd actually be allowed back on TexAgs if he reconciles with other posters after maliciously screwing over so many people?

Yikes indeed.

While I see your point here, are you a Christian? Are you not called on to forgive?

I don't know the religious beliefs of any of the moderators (nor do I have any desire to), but some people believe there is no sin too great to forgive, and act on that belief.

While I completely understand people who quote the Aggie Code of Honor and believe he shouldn't be allowed on here because he has violated it, I also understand some people will believe he should be forgiven if he seeks out forgiveness and makes restitution. Everyone is different and will have a different reaction to this situation.
Think you are overthinking it. The issue is Brandon said he would be welcomed back if he made amends and reconciled with those he hurt. There are a lot of past posters who had their accounts permabanned who have never had that statement said so boldly about them - and they likely were permabanned quicker and over much less than Jorts.
Free PhiAggie

But life is still full of consequences. Saying sorry and paying money back is a minimum. Maybe he should be given read only privileges and then limited number of postings after that --- something graduated and conditional. But forgiveness is not the same thing as forgetting.

The fact of the matter is TexAgs is not a public site - noone has a right to be here. So ultimately, staff makes the rules and we can either play along or get out. That includes partial/biased moderation and favoritism. Now I can list out my opinions on what I think staff should do or changes that should be made (I read much more than I post, and have been for years), but ultimately this site does not belong to the posters. Yes, uniqueness of TexAgs is its community, and yes it behooves staff to maintain that. But ultimately if they choose to moderate in a way that is harsher on some than others, for whatever their reason, they are free to do so.
DecadePlan
AG
Thriller said:

I don't think this particular community (and maybe most) are capable of self-policing. Too much of a mob mentality at times. There are portions of this site that are giant echo chambers (mods included).

Also...there are portions of this site that are giant echo chambers (mods included).
BoerneGator
AG
Quote:

i'm not offended. honestly, I just forgot what board this thread was located on. so the nonsense over the top opinion that everything Netflix makes now is trash makes sense given the location. so, carry on.
You'd be such a better poster if you'd drop the P/A bit. Just sayin...
nai06
AG
schmendeler said:

PMC2012 said:

I mean I think Netflix is pretty damn awesome.
schmendeler
AG
BoerneGator said:

Quote:

You'd be such a better poster if you'd drop the P/A bit. Just sayin...
is P/A passive aggressive? not sure what is passive aggressive about what I posted. I flat out said it was a dumb opinion. and that the Old Rivalries board makes perfect sense for said dumb opinion.
BoerneGator
AG
Then, you said it made sense. Call it what you will, but it's confusing, to say the least.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.