Didn't someone here have some money stolen?

312,628 Views | 1196 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JD Shellnut
DOG XO 84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stole from me too. Lost GF to Leukemia. I was in bad place emotionallly. I hired him to help me through probate/ insurance stuff. I needed help from him and all he did was take my money
He never filed anything with any courts. Never did one thing except stop returning my calls. There's a special place in Hell for dbag's like him. Flex... this guy is no Aggie and deserves no support from anyone.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Flexbone
DOG XO 84 said:

Stole from me too. Lost GF to Leukemia. I was in bad place emotionallly. I hired him to help me through probate/ insurance stuff. I needed help from him and all he did was take my money
He never filed anything with any courts. Never did one thing except stop returning my calls. There's a special place in Hell for dbag's like him. Flex... this guy is no Aggie and deserves no support from anyone.

I'm not condoning his actions if those are in fact true. I'm saying that we shouldn't write someone off and render them beyond hope even when they've messed up. These actions aren't him.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Flexbone said:

DOG XO 84 said:

I'm not condoning his actions if those are in fact true. I'm saying that we shouldn't write someone off and render them beyond hope even when they've messed up. These actions aren't him.

The person you think he is, isn't him. Those actions are him.
samsal75
AG
Damon is his own worse enemy. Too bad where his life has gone but he only has himself to blame. Hopefully he still has time to recover and will figure it out soonest. Alternative is not so good.
trouble
AG
This isn't an isolated incident.
Furlock Bones
AG
Flexbone said:

DOG XO 84 said:

These actions are absolutely him. In fact it's not much of a secret that justice doesn't serve everyone. Otherwise he would have done real time already.
GinaLinetti
AG
How has the bar not come after him for practicing without a valid license? I have no idea how any of that works
Burdizzo
AG
CherryLodes said:

How has the bar not come after him for practicing without a valid license? I have no idea how any of that works

Lawyers, judges, and cops cover for each other. Google "lawflog" to see how our criminal justice system is anything but evenly applied. Some people get the brunt of justice and deserve every bit of it. Some people deserve the brunt and get off lightly.
Furlock Bones
AG
Burdizzo said:

CherryLodes said:

Lawyers, judges, and cops cover for each other. Google "lawflog" to see how our criminal justice system is anything but evenly applied. Some people get the brunt of justice and deserve every bit of it. Some people deserve the brunt and get off lightly.

I mean this at least the 3rd instance that we know about where he's taking money for legal services without a license.
DOG XO 84
AG
Flexbone said:

DOG XO 84 said:

O.J. says "Hi!".
titanmaster_race
Was always strange to me how this board seemed to worship him
Furlock Bones
AG
titanmaster_race said:

A lot of people haven't had the full scoop for fear of retribution. Those days are over.
DOG XO 84
AG
third coast.. said:

i think there are quite a few more than that. when i found out about all the Ags he had scammed i was blown away that he had not been run off this website a dozen times over. barnes is mocked and ridiculed here and he returned all the money he raised, this guy has scammed quite a few posters and is an actual dumpster human but noone ever says anything. im glad this is coming to light, and i hope more people come out in the open on here and tell about their encounters.
Agree 100%. In fact, I formally propose a new verb in "honor" of this clown. In the future, when getting fleeced, defrauded, continuously lied to or just plain stolen from we can use the verb "Jortzed".

" I was Jortzed last week to the tune of 6 grand"
Ol Jock 99
AG
Furlock Bones said:

titanmaster_race said:

A lot of people haven't had the full scoop for fear of retribution. Those days are over.

When the person in question was given mod privileges, it was a reasonable fear. He was bragging that he still had mod privileges a few weeks back.

Why they weren't removed LONG ago is curious to me.
aggielostinETX
AG
DOG XO 84 said:

third coast.. said:

i think there are quite a few more than that. when i found out about all the Ags he had scammed i was blown away that he had not been run off this website a dozen times over. barnes is mocked and ridiculed here and he returned all the money he raised, this guy has scammed quite a few posters and is an actual dumpster human but noone ever says anything. im glad this is coming to light, and i hope more people come out in the open on here and tell about their encounters.
Agree 100%. In fact, I formally propose a new verb in "honor" of this clown. In the future, when getting fleeced, defrauded, continuously lied to or just plain stolen from we can use the verb "Jortzed".

" I was Jortzed last week to the tune of 6 grand"

I got jortzed in 2013 but eventually got my money back.

There, that was pretty easy and cathartic.
Post removed:
by user
Science Denier
AG
1. I never had anything taken by him
2. I didn't know him personally
3. I enjoyed his posts. Dude was funny.

Does that make me a racist, homophobic redneck that hates the environment? Or was I already that when I got my MAGA hat.
LOL OLD
Science Denier
AG
Have we verified that actually is Jorts? Or is this another fight in the bread section of Kroger?
LOL OLD
trouble
AG
That's him.
Furlock Bones
AG
jblaschke said:

1. I never had anything taken by him
2. I didn't know him personally
3. I enjoyed his posts. Dude was funny.

Does that make me a racist, homophobic redneck that hates the environment? Or was I already that when I got my MAGA hat.

Not about that at all. He is a funny dude. But it turns out he's a common variety swindler. Lots of swindlers are quite endearing. That's what makes them so successful.
aggielostinETX
AG
jblaschke said:

Have we verified that actually is Jorts? Or is this another fight in the bread section of Kroger?

Well that's who showed up after I PMd jorts and took my check.
Flexbone
Damn.
Burdizzo
AG
Charles Manson was a funny dude too.

It really makes you think.
DOG XO 84
AG
Deats said:

jblaschke said:

Well that's who showed up after I PMd jorts and took my check.
Yep, that's him. I've bought lunch for him and his 2 boys more than once.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Sad and tragic fall for someone who had much potential.
John Beckwith
AG
Wow
aggiebird02
It sounds like he should go to prison for a year or two...
WatchOle
Staff
AG
I consider Damon a friend and this is really sad to hear. I would typically remove a thread like this (even if he wasn't a friend) but this situation feels unique. Damon has sown distrust among some in this community in very real ways. I'm praying for Damon and I'm hopeful that someday he can be fully reconciled to the posters he has hurt here. That can only happen through transparency and honesty and by taking responsibility.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
Post removed:
by user
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Is there a thread about this on OB too?
Gig'em, Brandon '95
SteveBott
AG
Just looked and did not see one. Maybe one was removed?

Anyway I have known Damon as long as about anyone here, at least a decade, and have spent many lunches and tailgates with him. This thread is saddening but not unexpected.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.