Didn't someone here have some money stolen?

312,611 Views | 1196 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JD Shellnut
Rusty GCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Then your example that Brandon knew Damon was using this site to groom victims isn't true. He knew of one instance that was reconciled.

dermdoc
AG
Damon will continue to screw us if we let HIS actions divide us. Nobody on here did anything wrong except be gullible. Including staff. And I hate the word "liable". Especially among Ags.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DecadePlan
AG
This has long been a frustration for many folks on here in most of the forums. The worst casualty of moments like these in our TA family is how easily we turn on each other. That part exasperates many of us. The sting of betrayal here is on Jorts. But if I respond with hatefulness towards another, that's on me.
End Of Message
AG
This thread is complete nuts. I had no idea that any of this was going on or that people invested this much of their life in this site (owners aside).
BohunkAg
AG
2006EE said:

I feel like texting a group to talk ***** Anyone know of a text group that talks **** and uses it to gang up on people?

I know some folks who used to, some who regret it and grew out of it and some who still do. Question is who's who?
Pooh Ah
AG
We all know not to wrestle with pigs if you don't want to get muddy but there is a lot of pig wrestling in this thread.

The only hope is that some good can come from everyone's misfortune.
DecadePlan
AG
dermdoc said:

Damon will continue to screw us if we let HIS actions divide us.

Thats what I just tried to say, only more succinctly and wisely. Exactly true Doc.
dermdoc
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

This thread is complete nuts. I had no idea that any of this was going on or that people invested this much of their life in this site (owners aside).
I found out when I made a rhetorical, what I thought was a joke, post about "firing" an Obama voter(which I never did) retracted my post on about the second page of the thread, and people wanted to destroy me, my family, and my business. People take this stuff very seriously.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
End Of Message
AG
dermdoc said:

Pinche Abogado said:

I found out when I made a rhetorical, what I thought was a joke, post about "firing" an Obama voter(which I never did) retracted my post on about the second page of the thread, and people wanted to destroy me, my family, and my business. People take this stuff very seriously.

I need to moderate my posts more closely. I thought (right or wrong) that most people posted on the forums for fun and more or less played a "version" of themselves.

Ol Jock 99
AG
This subject was being discussed on 2 different FB groups before it was posted here. That I know of. I bet a fair half dozen other places are discussing now.

Personally, I'd prefer to let the events of 2014-15 be bygones.
DecadePlan
AG
Oh my lord! I remember that, Doc! Lol, I never told you it's okay, I got another job cooking fries shortly thereafter.

Ragoo
AG
dermdoc said:

Pinche Abogado said:

it isn't the posters, it's the people watching who don't post. You dhave by knownwho those people are.
BohunkAg
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

This subject was being discussed on 2 different FB groups before it was posted here. That I know of. I bet a fair half dozen other places are discussing now.

Personally, I'd prefer to let the events of 2014-15 be bygones.

True. Good point. I just don't take to kindly to getting crapped on by people who really don't know me. I'll try to be better.
91_Aggie
AG
ArcticPenguin said:

Should folks know who mods are? Yes, they should - because it would explain the inconsistencies in moderation and more importantly the obvious biases that account for the inconsistencies.
This is definitely true. Moderators need to not be their "own personality" on the boards that will argue, instigate, say whatever they want, and then when people disagree with them... people who have no idea that the person they are responding to is a mod, then takes offense and bans them.

The mods need to be made public. Their role should not allow them blanket anonymity to participate in threads and then be immune to repercussions, or use their power just because they don't agree with someone or because they got their feelings hurt.

Bunk Moreland
You're good people derm, but that post was never cloaked in a hint of thought that it was a joke. It was delivered and read as the extreme opposite of that.

What the internet did to you was completely uncalled for though. That was a a tough lesson for you but probably a very valuable one to MANY on not just TA but the internet.
trouble
AG
Yup. Just walk away and leave all that back where it was.

Things are different. We all learned a lot and that's okay. Some of it sucked. That's just the way life goes.
C Loves L
Can we get a running list of people here defending him so that I know who's trashy and who's not?
trouble
AG
Is there a trashy but not defending option? Cuz that's me.
Ol Jock 99
AG
C Loves L said:

Can we get a running list of people here defending him so that I know who's trashy and who's not?

That's the thing. Many, probably most, of those who defended him in the past sure as hell aren't now.
End Of Message
AG
Last point: for those that have been swindled, I recommend filing a grievance with the state bar of Texas.

I'm an attorney (and only generally familiar with this process), but the State Bar has a Client Security Fund for people who have been the victim of fraud by a practicing attorney.

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Client_Security_Fund1&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=41945
C Loves L
91_Aggie said:

ArcticPenguin said:

Should folks know who mods are? Yes, they should - because it would explain the inconsistencies in moderation and more importantly the obvious biases that account for the inconsistencies.
This is definitely true. Moderators need to not be their "own personality" on the boards that will argue, instigate, say whatever they want, and then when people disagree with them... people who have no idea that the person they are responding to is a mod, then takes offense and bans them.

The mods need to be made public. Their role should not allow them blanket anonymity to participate in threads and then be immune to repercussions, or use their power just because they don't agree with someone or because they got their feelings hurt.

RIP Charpie
TXAggie2011
AG
And...a predictable group of people have predictably pushing the thread back towards a "I like the place" and "they say mean stuff about the same people I do, let's lay off" conversation...it's all coming full circle.
Rusty GCS
AG
C Loves L said:

Who has defended him? I haven't seen anybody.

People on the same side of the argument are arguing here somehow
trouble
AG
Oh, I want everyone who was swindled by Damon to post. I just think it's stupid for the rest of us to fight.

We've done that plenty and the results don't change.
Charpie
AG
I'm not dead, much to y'alls chagrin
Rusty GCS
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

Last point: for those that have been swindled, I recommend filing a grievance with the state bar of Texas.

I'm an attorney (and only generally familiar with this process), but the State Bar has a Client Security Fund for people who have been the victim of fraud by a practicing attorney.

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Client_Security_Fund1&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=41945

Most of Damon's swindling was personal and not legal.

Calling for money because his bank account was frozen for one reason or another. Or do rounding he had money coming his way and just needed a stop gap loan to make it there.
dermdoc
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

You're good people derm, but that post was never cloaked in a hint of thought that it was a joke. It was delivered and read as the extreme opposite of that.

What the internet did to you was completely uncalled for though. That was a a tough lesson for you but probably a very valuable one to MANY on not just TA but the internet.
Agree. One of my problems is that folks do not know when I am joking and telling the truth. My family, wife, employees, and patients tell me that all the time and warn me about what I say. I do not take much very seriously.
BohunkAg
AG
Rusty GCS said:

C Loves L said:

It's like being at a coon ass family Christmas
2006EE
AG
BohunkAg said:

2006EE said:

I feel like texting a group to talk ***** Anyone know of a text group that talks **** and uses it to gang up on people?

I know some folks who used to, some who regret it and grew out of it and some who still do. Question is who's who?

I know where you fall. No worries.
C Loves L
Flexbone said:

Furlock Bones said:

Ragoo said:

Man, hope he gets life figured out.

He's not going to. Surprised at how this site has protected him.

He's an Aggie and our friend. Get the **** out of here with that. We'll back him up and support him for life. People can figure it out. We'll never give up on one of our own.

Heres one
dermdoc
AG
BohunkAg said:

Rusty GCS said:

C Loves L said:

It's like being at a coon ass family Christmas
Coonass is one word *******!
DecadePlan
AG
Total aside, but casting a smirking, knowing side eye glance at Trouble. You know I love you lady!
trouble
AG
Except less booze
Bunk Moreland
Same. I tell my staff all the time now that most communication has gone back to the written word via email etc... You never know how someone will choose to read your words so make damn sure you do your best that they read into em how you want them to.
BohunkAg
AG
2006EE said:

BohunkAg said:

2006EE said:

I know where you fall. No worries.

Well Sh-t

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.