Didn't someone here have some money stolen?

312,615 Views | 1196 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JD Shellnut
bobbranco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3rd Generation Ag said:

I take it this is a felony?

3rd degree according to docs you can find at the Fort Bend County Clerk website.
SACR
AG
goodAg80 said:

SACR said:

There is more than one type of trust account.

From notice on Damon's suspension for marijuana possession

Quote:

On July 10, 2014, Jose Angel Becerra [#24026790], 40, of Laredo, accepted a two-year fully probated suspension. The District 12 Grievance Committee found that Becerra neglected client matters, failed to communicate with clients, failed to hold client funds in a trust account separate from his own property, failed to provide an accounting of client funds, and, upon termination, failed to take steps to the extent reasonably practicable to protect his clients' interests.

I'm simply wondering if Damon is accused of doing the same thing, basically taking money paid to him for business and using it to buy drugs. Plenty of people have mentioned paying him for services not rendered, this could be one of those situations. Or he could be ripping off a trust account set up for a widow, who knows?

If you are the executor you can transfer the assets to any other financial instrument. You can even commingle assets (if you track the value and can untangle it later). That is definitely not recommended. My guess is jorts said he commingled assets to try and cover his duplicity in outright stealing the money.
You do realize that the incident I quoted was by another lawyer and not jorts, right?
goodAg80
AG
SACR said:

goodAg80 said:

SACR said:

There is more than one type of trust account.

From notice on Damon's suspension for marijuana possession

Quote:

On July 10, 2014, Jose Angel Becerra [#24026790], 40, of Laredo, accepted a two-year fully probated suspension. The District 12 Grievance Committee found that Becerra neglected client matters, failed to communicate with clients, failed to hold client funds in a trust account separate from his own property, failed to provide an accounting of client funds, and, upon termination, failed to take steps to the extent reasonably practicable to protect his clients' interests.

I'm simply wondering if Damon is accused of doing the same thing, basically taking money paid to him for business and using it to buy drugs. Plenty of people have mentioned paying him for services not rendered, this could be one of those situations. Or he could be ripping off a trust account set up for a widow, who knows?

If you are the executor you can transfer the assets to any other financial instrument. You can even commingle assets (if you track the value and can untangle it later). That is definitely not recommended. My guess is jorts said he commingled assets to try and cover his duplicity in outright stealing the money.
You do realize that the incident I quoted was by another lawyer and not jorts, right?
Missed that.
Nosh
Using the money to buy drugs? He sure is fat for a drug addict.
Post removed:
by user
TexasAggie_02
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

Jorts is a bigger fraud than MFBarnes. Crazy days.

Has anyone ever seen Barnes and jorts at the same time?
Guitarsoup
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

Not since they played together on Frontline Live.

BQ_90
AG
Fook
Charpie
Post removed:
by user
goodAg80
AG
Guitarsoup said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

Not since they played together on Frontline Live.

I bet they are playing Scuttle Buttin'
Wes97
AG
goodAg80 said:

I believe you are confusing different things. Anybody can set up a legal trust with a fiduciary that handles the money. There are a bunch of different trusts that serve different purposes.

Those are different from a legal trust that all lawyers and law firms set up for themselves. When you hire a lawyer and pay a retainer the money goes into this trust account. It is considered the client's money and is not income for the lawyer. When the lawyer bills the client for services rendered they can then pay themselves from this trust account. Same thing when the lawyer receives funds from a settlement for a client. It goes into the trust account and then after all bills are paid the proceeds are distributed from the trust account to the client.

If a lawyer uses funds from the trust account for their own personal purposes this would be considered theft as it is not the lawyer's money when it is held in that trust account.

All of that is different from just general theft. If I promise to do some work for you for $5,000 and you pay me and then I don't do the work that falls under that category. There was not a fiduciary relationship established and I would not set up any sort of trust account under that scenario. I just did not perform the work you paid for and could be sued for that.

Guitarsoup
AG
third coast.. said:

whats so funny is im pretty sure that is the OG barnes photoshop. how anyone could believe that was legit is beyond me
It is his ****ing profile picture on Facebook RIGHT NOW
goodAg80
AG
Wes97 said:

goodAg80 said:

I believe you are confusing different things. Anybody can set up a legal trust with a fiduciary that handles the money. There are a bunch of different trusts that serve different purposes.

Those are different from a legal trust that all lawyers and law firms set up for themselves. When you hire a lawyer and pay a retainer the money goes into this trust account. It is considered the client's money and is not income for the lawyer. When the lawyer bills the client for services rendered they can then pay themselves from this trust account. Same thing when the lawyer receives funds from a settlement for a client. It goes into the trust account and then after all bills are paid the proceeds are distributed from the trust account to the client.

If a lawyer uses funds from the trust account for their own personal purposes this would be considered theft as it is not the lawyer's money when it is held in that trust account.

All of that is different from just general theft. If I promise to do some work for you for $5,000 and you pay me and then I don't do the work that falls under that category. There was not a fiduciary relationship established and I would not set up an sort of trust account under that scenario. I just did not perform the work you paid for and could be sued for that.

You could be right in the case of jorts. I have personal experience with the type of trust I described.
Post removed:
by user
Guitarsoup
AG
third coast.. said:

Guitarsoup said:

third coast.. said:

whats so funny is im pretty sure that is the OG barnes photoshop. how anyone could believe that was legit is beyond me
It is his ****ing profile picture on Facebook RIGHT NOW
so unbelievable. hilarious.

on an aside, my wife is getting in to the business of completely remodeling homes. i need to hook her up with you or someone to get pro photos of the before and after for her portfolio. any chance we could explore that opportunity?
You are best off finding someone that specializes in architecture stuff. That's not my bag. Check with bthotugigem05. He has some solid architecture stuff. I mainly shoot portraits and events.

Post removed:
by user
usmcbrooks
I really don't have any idea what is/was going through his head. From the readings, he has done some terrible things and needs a lot of help. For Ags that personally know him, it's time for an intervention...if, he is not facing a lengthy prison sentence. Jorts seem lost, trapped inside his own head much like JFF. Did he burn some of you? Yes, he did...but, he is a fellow Ag and is in need of help. We all know the Texas Day Care Center will not help him, not rehabilitate him. He needs his friends now more than ever.

Just my 2 cents.
DOG XO 84
AG
usmcbrooks said:

I really don't have any idea what is/was going through his head. From the readings, he has done some terrible things and needs a lot of help. For Ags that personally know him, it's time for an intervention...if, he is not facing a lengthy prison sentence. Jorts seem lost, trapped inside his own head much like JFF. Did he burn some of you? Yes, he did...but, he is a fellow Ag and is in need of help. We all know the Texas Day Care Center will not help him, not rehabilitate him. He needs his friends now more than ever.

Just my 2 cents.
I respect your opinion but offer an opposing viewpoint. To be clear, this doesn't come from the fact that he jortzed me. I truly feel that he is in this position precisely because of others continuously bailing him out. IMO, the only thing that will change him is a stint in prison. He lies and cheats and manipulates people who are vulnerable and in need of help.

He is a predator on society. Coincidentally, I spoke with a longtime friend yesterday who had bailed out and parachuted to help his son with a substance abuse problem. Same thing, legal issues, substance abuse. He came to.the same conclusion and his son won't be bailed out of jail. He wii serve his sentence, as should Jorts.

As far as him being an Ag, I disagree. Coming from a family of Aggies going back nearly a hundred years, being an Ag means more to me than just getting a degree from A&M.
slappy
AG
This is exactly what happened. He is accused of taking unearned funds from his IOLTA account.
usmcbrooks
DOG XO 84 said:

usmcbrooks said:

Just my 2 cents.
I respect your opinion but offer an opposing viewpoint. To be clear, this doesn't come from the fact that he jortzed me. I truly feel that he is in this position precisely because of others continuously bailing him out. IMO, the only thing that will change him is a stint in prison. He lies and cheats and manipulates people who are vulnerable and in need of help.

He is a predator on society. Coincidentally, I spoke with a longtime friend yesterday who had bailed out and parachuted to help his son with a substance abuse problem. Same thing, legal issues, substance abuse. He came to.the same conclusion and his son won't be bailed out of jail. He wii serve his sentence, as should Jorts.

As far as him being an Ag, I disagree. Coming from a family of Aggies going back nearly a hundred years, being an Ag means more to me than just getting a degree from A&M.
Bailing them out doesn't help, intervention is needed. Sit him down, show him how many he has hurt. I deal with this **** on a daily basis with my fellow Vets who are addicted to pills and other forms of drugs. People like this need as much help as they can get, or they will never change.
wadd96
AG
He doesn't want an intervention. He wants to be Jorts, not Damon. And **** him. He crossed that bridge and set it on fire.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
End Of Message
AG
I guess DeLoss ultimately won.
DOG XO 84
AG
When I said bailing out and parachuting , they did interventio(s), counseling, turned to the Church....all of it over 10 years. I think some only understand through punishment. I don't like it but I think it true for some.
Ellis Wyatt
third coast.. said:

oh no i emant like remodel not structural stuff. i thought yyou and i had talked before about shooting some of her interior design stuff. i could be way wrong. was it you that mentioned going down to bolivar often? we talked about shooting our house when it was for sale.
Send me the before pics and I'll just photoshop some "afters." You can probably just post the pics online and find buyers, maybe even here on TA. Jorts can draw up sales contracts once he's out.

Ol Jock 99
AG
He has been sat down by his friends before. This isn't a new pattern of behavior. Sad as it is, that ship has sailed. Fortunately his ability to slip out of consequences for his actions appear over.
samsal75
AG
He made bail last night.
SACR
AG
samsal75 said:

He made bail last night.
You sound disappointed.
---------------------------------------------------
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

-------------------------------------------------

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
LonghornDub
SACR said:

samsal75 said:

He made bail last night.
You sound disappointed.
You need to change the verb in your motto line to past tense; otherwise I certainly agree with it.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

jwoodmd
SACR said:

samsal75 said:

He made bail last night.
You sound disappointed.
He sounds more like he's scared.
Decay
AG
How long until he posts here again? I give it three days
Rudyjax
AG
Decay said:

It would have to be a sock.
trouble
AG
I'm sure he already had some.
Ellis Wyatt
Rudyjax said:

Decay said:

Right. So it will be less than three days.
Decay
AG
Rudyjax said:

Decay said:

Of course

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.