Didn't someone here have some money stolen?

312,603 Views | 1196 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JD Shellnut
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Respected?
staticdoor
AG
Harry Stone said:

BohunkAg said:

BoerneGator said:

BohunkAg said:

Hood said:

Madman said:

Just a comment on moderation. Overall its Good. But since we are also talking about the individuals themselves I can't imagine picking a mod is easy. I would say the one guiding rule should be anyone that wants to be a mod shouldn't be a mod.

Anyone that would want that job is not the person that should have that job. Wanting it is a sign of not being cut out to be one.

This is how I choose my doctors, too.

I have sex with my doctor
Yeah, remind us his name again?

He's a well respected dermatologist. I would never.

he was, until he fired an obama voter
Annndddd back to our regularly schedule OR
Norman Rockwell
Hood
AG
BoerneGator said:

BohunkAg said:

Hood said:

Madman said:

Just a comment on moderation. Overall its Good. But since we are also talking about the individuals themselves I can't imagine picking a mod is easy. I would say the one guiding rule should be anyone that wants to be a mod shouldn't be a mod.

Anyone that would want that job is not the person that should have that job. Wanting it is a sign of not being cut out to be one.

This is how I choose my doctors, too.

I have sex with my doctor
Yeah, remind us his name again?
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater
thad97
AG
piag94 said:

Jorts is a loser, idiot. But the mods needs to clean their act up too. I've seen so many smartarse responses to (albeit dumb posts) from the mods that are so disrespect to paying consumers from interns that have no idea what they are saying. That's why this site will get zero dollars from me until the mods learn to act right and understand they work for the customers
TexAgs interns work for me. They do not have the charge or ability to moderate. If an intern has been disrespectful to you or another user, please contact me about it, but I've never seen this happen. Maybe you just confused moderators with interns, but since you were specific, I figured I'd address this.

Also, since this seems to be the time and place to say it: I almost never use my moderation powers, and I have moderated posts by jorts.
TexAgs Managing Editor
wadd96
AG
You're right. I am sharing way too much personal information with you f***inf morons.

The point if my posts is this ... There are many, MYSELF INCLUDED, that have a deep, personal connection here. And we have been irreparably harmed.

But thanks for being an internet warrior.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Bocephus
AG
Nosh said:

Bocephus said:

I love TexAgs. Never had any major issues with the moderators. I think they do a great job.

Life is not fair. Everyone is not treated equally. No one is sticking a gun to your head and forcing you to post on here or give them money.

A concerning position to hold for someone in your profession.

Someone in my profession gets to see that mantra play out every single day.

I just find it amazing how many people are on here whining about the moderators. I've been on here since '99 and I've never had a problem with any of the mods and I couldn't tell you who they are. I'm not all buddy buddy with them. TexAgs is the best website of its kind on the internet. Maybe I don't spend enough time on here to get banned. I don't know, but I don't think it is as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
Bocephus
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

Nosh said:

Bocephus said:

I love TexAgs. Never had any major issues with the moderators. I think they do a great job.

Life is not fair. Everyone is not treated equally. No one is sticking a gun to your head and forcing you to post on here or give them money.

Not all of us in his profession share that view, obviously

I want to switch to your department then
Bocephus
AG
Tecolote said:

2006EE said:

Nosh said:

Bocephus said:

burn.gif
Thought the "sticking a gun to your head" was very concerning,

Have never done it but there's always tomorrow...
Bocephus
AG
jftx04 said:

Furlock Bones said:

BohunkAg said:

You can Venmo me some of that dirty east Texas money if it makes you feel better

You live in West. What could you possibly do with money? Put an extra lift on your 99 Chevy. Rent some rims.
OD on Kolaches? Pay to start a blog on kolaches vs klobasnicks?
SACR
AG
wadd96 said:

You're right. I am sharing way too much personal information with you f***inf morons.

The point if my posts is this ... There are many, MYSELF INCLUDED, that have a deep, personal connection here. And we have been irreparably harmed.

You're lack of self-awareness is breathtaking.
bangobango
AG
This thread is a good reminder that as much as I think I spend too much time on Texags, I still don't have **** on some of you nutballs.

Some of y'all need to unplug. For real. Group text chains? I can believe it reading some of y'all's posts over the years.
Burnsey
AG
Bocephus said:

Ill like him until proven differently
That says a lot about you. Most of it bad.
DayAg!
S
I can see holding a grudge if he never repents and continues down the path that has been discussed. But on the other hand , the ones on here without their own personal sins shouldnt be ready to cast stones. Do I condone his behavior ... no.. but if I recall correctly the guy that wrote 2/3 of the New Testament was a murderer. But he turned out ok after he had a personal encounter with someone that could change his life. Jorts could have the same encounter.
jja79
AG
How was someone known to be defrauding other posters allowed to moderate, however infrequently, beyond 2014?

Do moderators and staff know who blue stars threads?
Neon R
jja79 said:

How was someone known to be defrauding other posters allowed to moderate, however infrequently, beyond 2014?

Do moderators and staff know who blue stars threads?
who knows
BBRex
AG
I've only purposefully met up with Texags posters twice. Both times I was a completely forgettable dork. Looks like that worked out well in the long run ...
2006EE
AG
SACR said:

wadd96 said:

Pot and kettle.
Bocephus
AG
Burnsey said:

Bocephus said:

Ill like him until proven differently
That says a lot about you. Most of it bad.

Your propensity to judge says a lot about you.
johnnyblaze36
AG
This was one helluva hour and a half long read. And here I thought phantasytour.com was a giant s show.

I have no idea who this jorts TA "character" is other than I recognize his mugshot from seeing him at basketball games all the time looking like he thought he was Harvey Weinstein around every girl he walked up to.

And to think he'd actually be allowed back on TexAgs if he reconciles with other posters after maliciously screwing over so many people?

Yikes indeed.

SACR
AG
2006EE said:

SACR said:

wadd96 said:

Pot and kettle.
Yes, because I'm bragging about being 'informal security' at a wedding, and how I'd 'go to' prison if someone showed up. We're exactly the same.
SACR
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

This was one helluva hour and a half long read. And here I thought phantasytour.com was a giant s show.

I have no idea who this jorts TA "character" is other than I recognize his mugshot from seeing him at basketball games all the time looking like he thought he was Harvey Weinstein around every girl he walked up to.

And to think he'd actually be allowed back on TexAgs if he reconciles with other posters after maliciously screwing over so many people?

Yikes indeed.

While I see your point here, are you a Christian? Are you not called on to forgive?

I don't know the religious beliefs of any of the moderators (nor do I have any desire to), but some people believe there is no sin too great to forgive, and act on that belief.

While I completely understand people who quote the Aggie Code of Honor and believe he shouldn't be allowed on here because he has violated it, I also understand some people will believe he should be forgiven if he seeks out forgiveness and makes restitution. Everyone is different and will have a different reaction to this situation.
Tecolote
AG
SACR said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Yikes indeed.

While I see your point here, are you a Christian? Are you not called on to forgive?

I don't know the religious beliefs of any of the moderators (nor do I have any desire to), but some people believe there is no sin too great to forgive, and act on that belief.

While I completely understand people who quote the Aggie Code of Honor and believe he shouldn't be allowed on here because he has violated it, I also understand some people will believe he should be forgiven if he seeks out forgiveness and makes restitution. Everyone is different and will have a different reaction to this situation.
Think you are overthinking it. The issue is Brandon said he would be welcomed back if he made amends and reconciled with those he hurt. There are a lot of past posters who had their accounts permabanned who have never had that statement said so boldly about them - and they likely were permabanned quicker and over much less than Jorts.
BowSowy
AG
SACR said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Yikes indeed.

When I make a list of people who demonstrate Christ-like attitudes on TexAgs, SACR DEFINITELY tops the list.

GTFO with this. You're one of the most confrontational and argumentative people on here.
Nosh
Tecolote said:

SACR said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Yikes indeed.

Think you are overthinking it. The issue is Brandon said he would be welcomed back if he made amends and reconciled with those he hurt. There are a lot of past posters who had their accounts permabanned who have never had that statement said so boldly about them - and they likely were permabanned quicker and over much less than Jorts.
Eric Forman
AG
Its not shocking... TA is a microcosm of the real world. It's all about who you know. If you are in a position of power or know someone who is in a position of power, the opportunities to escape consequence far exceed those who don't share the same social stature.

Its like if a senator scammed someone out of money, got caught, admitted to it and was told "oh you naughty boy... but you said sorry, so continue being a senator". Then the senator went on to scam more people, got caught again and went to prison for it. Then the other senators were all "I had no idea. But he was always a good person when I was around him and if he says sorry again and gives back the money he can go back to being a senator... oh that naughty senator".

All the while you have regular Joe's getting much more harsh punishments. Take Eddie the 7-11 cashier, for instance; he showed some pictures of tiddies to customers and he got sent to prison for life with no chance of parole.

I mean seriously, I get that TA can do whatever they want and however they want, but let's not act like there's any sort of consistency in how community matters are handled. Let's not blow smoke up people's asses by claiming "forgiving" is the proper attitude when there are scores of others who have been axed for FAR less crimes... like literally... most aren't even crimes.
Madman
AG
TexAgs is very inconsistent by poster and by incident. It's something you just have to roll with or switch to SEC Rant or poll.
M.D.
Holy sh*t this thread.

I had no idea.

Jorts was always nice to me. We talked a lot through pms but that's about it.
Rudyjax
AG
I've been perma banned for posting something that was an auto perma ban. The problem is that I didn't know that as it was always cleaned up. It was nothing too bad, just a nick name for a someone.

I sat out for a few months and was allowed back in.

Point being, and i've said this for years, that the hardest route to defend is a come-back when the CB's back is turned.

Almost every CB will have his back turned at some point when you are running a vertical route in man coverage.

When the receiver stops and comes back, he will almost ALWAYS have a huge advantage on the defender.

It's time we start using this a bit more.
Rudyjax
AG
The real point is if you show remorse, you can come back.
expresswrittenconsent
SACR said:

2006EE said:

SACR said:

wadd96 said:

Pot and kettle.
Yes, because I'm bragging about being 'informal security' at a wedding, and how I'd 'go to' prison if someone showed up. We're exactly the same.

You're easily as big a clown as wadd96. The David Beal thread is a pretty good example - https://texags.com/forums/74/topics/3010096
William K. Klingaman
This thread is disturbing. Brandon, may be good to do a background and credit check on all mods. Not sure how privy they are to poster's info, but people with horrific credit are prone to do things that most people won't do.
Burdizzo
AG
William K. Klingaman said:

This thread is disturbing. Brandon, may be good to do a background and credit check on all mods. Not sure how privy they are to poster's info, but people with horrific credit are prone to do things that most people won't do.

He should probably drug test them all too.
Eric Forman
AG
Don't forget cavity searches.
CDUB98
AG
Burdizzo said:

William K. Klingaman said:

He should probably drug test them all too.

And, please, for the love of God, make sure they don't use plastic straws.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.