Didn't someone here have some money stolen?

312,605 Views | 1196 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JD Shellnut
Post removed:
by user
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brandon we appreciate you letting this run. We all make mistakes. I've made a fair share of them. But this thread is definitely needed given how many on here have been negatively affected by him.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Gotcha. I do want to make it clear that if this was just a situation of posters dragging another poster's real life adversities to the forums - I would remove. This is different in that some are airing real TexAgs community related grievances.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
GinaLinetti
AG
I appreciate the candor, Watchole. Personally, I feel this info is relevant and important. If he would burn people he considers friends, I'd hate to think of what he'd do to a stranger looking for counsel. Sometimes you have to hold their feet to the fire.
Post removed:
by user
mhayden
jorts and another "jokingly" passed back and forth my parent's home address on this forum years and year ago.

TexAgs was notified, and nothing ever came of it save for an edit hours later to the post.

This didn't just sneak up on people, it's been ignored by a lot of people for a long time.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
A similar thread of conversation occurred on Varsity a couple of years ago that was allowed to play out.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
WatchOle
Staff
AG
I have no recollection of that. When did it occur?
Gig'em, Brandon '95
Post removed:
by user
Furlock Bones
AG
WatchOle said:

A similar thread of conversation occurred on Varsity a couple of years ago that was allowed to play out.

I think that's a part of the problem. It was known to some people on the premium boards and in other places. But a lot of the wider audience of this site were left unawares and fell victim to him.

But that's clearly over now.
Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
His license was reinstated between that thread and more current events.
Diggity
AG
There's a few posters that have been known scammers over the years that have been allowed to remain. One of them was even a board sponsor so I guess he gets immunity.

I know it's not an easy job to moderate a board of this size, but when people are known to be scamming other members, they need to be gone.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
Yes but that doesn't mean staff was aware of him being suspended again.
Furlock Bones
AG
Would love to know the sponsor so I can avoid them.
Diggity
AG
Not him. I've seen his posts and, while amusing, I don't know if it's complete scam territory.
Post removed:
by user
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Two things: 1. I honestly didn't realize he was advertising his services as a lawyer here and 2. Many times it's proven more beneficial for users to maintain their username so that their reputation goes along with it. Over the years it's been really hard to keep track of re-branded users under new usernames - not just for the community but for the admins too. It might be that with Damon this was a mistake.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
trouble
AG
I'm not. I think he should have been gone years before you even knew about any of this.

You are incorrect that staff knew all and kept him anyway.
trouble
AG
That's because he reached out via PM. He wasn't usually posting it on people's threads.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
I don't believe we've removed any complaints users have had about Damon. Ther was complaint that came up a few years ago on varsity that the parties seemed to resolved as the thread played out.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
Ol Jock 99
AG
Who paid for his 3 stars? I know $25 a month isn't huge, but given his other bills...
Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
Well, eventually. There was a lot not in that thread because people were afraid of retaliation from him and others.

There were continuing problems that just weren't brought up in the boards because no one felt they would be heard anyway.

I'd be happy to discuss any of it in person if you'd like.
Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
It was talked about in whispers and lots of text. It wasn't posted where staff was going to see it.
Post removed:
by user
DeangeloVickers
AG
Wow, I reached out to him for help and nothing was ever done. He did reply with emails from a law firm, but nothing ever got done it was always tomorrow.
Glad I mainly just lost time and effort and not a lot of money.

Really depressing :/
Decay
AG
Informative thread, been round for years and didn't hear any of this beyond "Jorts is an *******". Didn't take that to mean much, I guess.
BohunkAg
AG
Decay said:

Informative thread, been round for years and didn't hear any of this beyond "Jorts is an *******". Didn't take that to mean much, I guess.

They say that about me too and I'm actually a wonderful guy.
trouble
AG
You're a different kind of *******
Diggity
AG
don't think he sponsors anything anymore. It was a ticketing website.
Decay
AG
BohunkAg said:

Decay said:

They say that about me too and I'm actually a wonderful guy.
So it's your fault basically

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.