Didn't someone here have some money stolen?

312,592 Views | 1196 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JD Shellnut
Tecolote
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WatchOle said:

Hood said:

Brandon,

Since this has turned into a sort-of Q&A session (and apologies if you've answered this elsewhere) - what's the reasoning for anonymous moderating as SOP on Texags?
Three main reasons:

1. I want moderators to be able to participate on the forums as normal posters without the social burden of being a moderator.

2. I want moderators to moderate based on policy and not based community pressure.

3. I want moderators to be free on real world retribution by disgruntled community members.

However, as posted above, we are going to make some changes to this. Maybe not as far as going completely known, but transparency layers will be added.

Sorry, but that is a HUGE conflict of interest. Disagree with a moderator of make a joke based on their post they dont like and it's not good situation as they are people and people tend to not like that.
powerbelly
AG
Tecolote said:

WatchOle said:

Hood said:

Brandon,

Since this has turned into a sort-of Q&A session (and apologies if you've answered this elsewhere) - what's the reasoning for anonymous moderating as SOP on Texags?
Three main reasons:

1. I want moderators to be able to participate on the forums as normal posters without the social burden of being a moderator.

2. I want moderators to moderate based on policy and not based community pressure.

3. I want moderators to be free on real world retribution by disgruntled community members.

However, as posted above, we are going to make some changes to this. Maybe not as far as going completely known, but transparency layers will be added.

Sorry, but that is a HUGE conflict of interest. Disagree with a moderator of make a joke based on their post they dont like and it's not good situation as they are people and people tend to not like that.
Reddit has public mods and this is still an issue, especially on some of the smaller communities.
FriscoKid
AG
Tecolote said:

WatchOle said:

Hood said:

Brandon,

Three main reasons:

Ain't that the truth. I'm tired of sucking up to Charpie.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
WatchOle said:

Brandon, did you see IrishAggie suggestion?

IrishTxAggie said:

Give the mods numbers or unique IDs. And when they edit/remove a post, the mod ID is placed in the edit or removal for the board to see. That way if one mod is singling out specific topics or posters, we can have a legitimate gripe to go to someone with.

I could be 100% on board with that. "Edited by Moderator #131" etc or an email that "your thread was deleted by Moderator #62" and a reason why.

Maintains your desire for moderator safety, yet allows some public accountability. We would know which Mod banned users or changed/deleted posts without outing their posting handle.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
I think thats reasons are more than reasonable. I would just like some follow up. I had one post removed completely. It was a stupid little photoshop I made in the tears thread. It was relevant to the topic and I didnt see anything wrong with it. It was essentially bevo on an altar being sacrificed..the joke was ut was sacrifiving their own football program for the sake of identifying "toxic masculanity". It didnt even bother me my post was removed, what bothered me was I asked for a reason. Nothing. This is not my site, so I respect yalls rules and adhere to them. I guess in one mod's opinion it wasnt acceptable, thats fine just tell me what I did wrong so I dont do it again. I feel like thats not much to ask for. I see staff edits all the time. But in my case I got nothing and nowhere to really ask.

I know its small and honestly petty but that is really my only "compliant". Other than that I think yall do a damn fine job.
Neon R
HunterAggie
First of all I would like to praise Brandon w/ TexAgs for his posts and for taking responsibility where appropriate.

Secondly, nearly all of us on the TexAgs site (if they are 15 years or older) have probably been caught up in a bad situation instigated by friends over the course of our lifetime or have observed how this has occurred and drawn in some of our friends or family.

It is amazing how a small incident can grow to become some uncontrollable in a very short period of time. Especially when drugs are involved.

Therefore, I would not presume to judge anyone caught up in a web such as that created by friends or family. I would just advise you to extricate yourself (or, better yet, not get involved at all in the first place) if it happens to you.

It is amazing to me when I see guilty (and sometimes evil) people suck the life out of the innocent. Not a pretty sight.

(and, no, I was not involved nor a victim of Damon / jorts. Lucky for me. His story is just one of thousands that have played out similarly).
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
trouble
AG
Have a feeling at this point Brandon would really, really like it if Billy Kennedy was fired this afternoon.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
I did and it's a good suggest for sure. I'm not ready what we are going to do as we are still working through the ideas and details.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Do you have an pull in that area?? If so, help a friend out.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
trouble
AG
Oh, sweetheart, you know I would if I could.
Neon R
Mods shouldn't be anons. Posts shouldn't be memory holed and bans shouldn't be handed out without explanation. These aren't controversial concepts
2006EE
AG
WatchOle said:

Post of the day.
Liquid Wrench
I understand moderation of a board this size is really complicated, and it would be ridiculous of me to make requests without doing my part.

That's why I volunteer to replace 2 mods on the Politics Board.

Just let me know when, buddy.
WC94
AG
How the hell does everybody know everybody? Is there a Texags meet up, or do I need some more badges to get in the club?

On a side note, I usually come here when I'm taking a dump.
Hood
AG
2006EE said:

WatchOle said:

Post of the day.
Star this post if you agree with 2006EE.
Charpie
AG
We used to meet up a lot. I don't know if that happens anymore
CDUB98
AG
Hood said:

2006EE said:

WatchOle said:

Post of the day.

I can't bring myself to go to places that dark.
CDUB98
AG
Charpie said:

We used to meat up a lot. I don't know if that happens anymore

FIFY
2006EE
AG
CDUB98 said:

Hood said:

2006EE said:

WatchOle said:

Post of the day.

Get bent.
Charpie
AG
Right! I forgot. Also something something your mom
CDUB98
AG
Charpie said:

Right! I forgot. Also something something your mom

Yup, your mom's outstanding.
Charpie
AG
That hoar
trouble
AG
Don't you mean NA's mom?
Charpie
AG
I miss that guy
trouble
AG
Me too.
V8Aggie
AG
Charpie said:

That hoar
You forgot to add "respectfully".
Charpie
AG
You obviously don't know my mom
Tecolote
AG
trouble said:

Have a feeling at this point Brandon would really, really like it if Billy Kennedy was fired this afternoon.
Kind of like in 2009 when the South Carolina governor, Mark Sanford, was being skewered on the national news for his disappearance to see his Argentinian mistress. Out of nowhere, Michael Jackson died and no one was talking about Sanford anymore.
trouble
AG
Sacrifices must be made.
agsalaska
AG
WatchOle said:

Hood said:

Brandon,

Three main reasons:

I am glad to see you are finally considering changes to this policy. Moderation failures is absolutely 100% why I only have one star today. There are quite a few missing stars on a lot of older posters.

I have seen you type this many times before and it always reminds me of the CEO of the company I spent the majority of my 20s and 30s with. He was a great leader and a true visionary and at one point ran the largest publicly traded company in our very fragmented space. But he had two policies that everyone understood were issues except him. Everyone told him, asked him, begged him, showed him all of the reasons these were failed policies, but he couldn't let them go. He just knew he was right. After years of questioning, from everyone from store managers to our senior leadership to our largest stockholders, it eventually became a 'shut up and deal with it' answer from him.

We eventually were forced to sell to save the stores after one of those two policies led to a 90 million dollar loss. The new company, which laid us all off, changed both policies within a week. I go into those stores today and the managers will point to both as the best changes of an otherwise very unhappy takeover.

Anyway, glad to hear that you are addressing it.

As for Jorts, he rubbed me the wrong way many years ago on a Varsity thread and I usually just avoided anything he was into. But addiction is a *****. I hope he gets control of his demons. it sucks.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

Know Your Enemy
AG
CDUB98 said:

Hood said:

2006EE said:

WatchOle said:

Post of the day.

That's racist.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Windex
AG
Tecolote said:

trouble said:

Kind of like in 2009 when the South Carolina governor, Mark Sanford, was being skewered on the national news for his disappearance to see his Argentinian mistress. Out of nowhere, Michael Jackson died and no one was talking about Sanford anymore.
Michael Jackson has been dead almost 10 years?

Damn, I'm old.
We just gotta coach em better and execute and um what we do and all the things.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.