* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,241 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
Out in Left Field
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tangent: I clicked on the link and saw the all red page with LFC at the top and all I could think of was KFC. Then I started picturing a new Kentucky team with a great branding opportunity and something about the fans being the 12th spice. Anyway…carry on.
jeffk
AG
A few years ago we had McDonalds kits and then replaced them with Checkers kits, so KFC is definitely in our fastfood wheelhouse.
jeffk
ChipFTAC01
OregonAggie
AG
jeffk said:

New home kit is just a red shirt with white trim. Retro.

Nunez looks like he just got a jersey for Christmas and is still in his Christmas pajamas
OregonAggie
AG
BACK TO HATE
OregonAggie
AG
Interesting lineup today!

jeffk
AG
This not good but still winning Liverpool team is stressful.
AG@RICE
AG
Very stressful...
AG@RICE
AG
YNWA.2013
This Man United result. Surely not! Surely we cannot finish top 4…
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
AG
Arsenal handling Newcastle was nice as well.
Dre_00
I think you're seeing the truth that is GD showing itself once again. GD rarely lies (or at least large differences in it doesn't lie).
FriedTex
AG
Dre_00 said:

I think you're seeing the truth that is GD showing itself once again. GD rarely lies (or at least large differences in it doesn't lie).

Took me a moment to translate GD as goal difference
jeffk
AG
We appreciate y'all helping us out with that btw.
Dre_00
We're givers. We've helped a lot of teams with that this season.
ChipFTAC01
AG
From an article on the athletic about Mo.

Quote:

He has sat out just 121 minutes of top-flight football having been substituted on four occasions and introduced off the bench away to Chelsea. Liverpool have played 225 Premier League games since signing Salah nearly six years ago and he's played in 215 of them (96 per cent).
eiggA2002
AG
One if not the fittest player in the PL. And these guys are tracked with every possible data point during the match and he's rarely subbed. He's more fit to play 90' every week than a lot of guys are to play 60-70'. Part of greatness is being available and healthy. I think that's part of what drives me nuts about guys like Keita, Ox, and to some extent Thiago. Just can't stay fit and then there's Mo.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Updating my Rest of season schedule predictor this morning looking at various scenarios.

Newcastle
@Leeds
Brighton
Leicester
@Chelsea

I've got that as 6 points but it's probably 8. Puts them at 71 or 73 points with superior GD locking in 3rd.

United
Wolves
@Bournemouth
Chelsea
Fulham

I've got that at 8 points which is probably optimistic from my part. Puts them at 71 points with an inferior GD

If Liverpool wins out, that's 71.

Nut cutting time.
jeffk
AG
He's a machine. I know it's not a fair comparison, but it's interesting to hear the "we should have kept Mane and sold Mo" crowd respond to injury concerns.
Unemployed
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Updating my Rest of season schedule predictor this morning looking at various scenarios.

Newcastle
@Leeds
Brighton
Leicester
@Chelsea

I've got that as 6 points but it's probably 8. Puts them at 71 or 73 points with superior GD locking in 3rd.

United
Wolves
@Bournemouth
Chelsea
Fulham

I've got that at 8 points which is probably optimistic from my part. Puts them at 71 points with an inferior GD

If Liverpool wins out, that's 71.

Nut cutting time.
Brighton has 3 games in hand and is only 7 pts behind Liverpool.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I've got them kn my list as well but I don't see them making a run

Everton - I've got it as a win but they're down 10' in
@Arsenal
@Newcastle
Southampton
City
@Villa

I see 8 points which puts them at 63. Brutal finishing stretch.

For the record here's my final points tally based on my guesses today

City - 94
Arsenal - 88
Newcastle - 71
Liverpool - 71
United - 71
Brighton - 63
Spurs - 62
Villa - 56
OregonAggie
AG
jeffk said:

He's a machine. I know it's not a fair comparison, but it's interesting to hear the "we should have kept Mane and sold Mo" crowd respond to injury concerns.

It's not like Mane missed a ton of games for us during his time here. Salah clearly hasn't but Mane was consistently available. This year for Mane hasn't exactly been "normal" for him.

Count me in the aforementioned crowd because I think we could've resigned Mane for less, sold Salah for a lot more money, and retooled our roster a year or two earlier.
texagbeliever
eiggA2002 said:

One if not the fittest player in the PL. And these guys are tracked with every possible data point during the match and he's rarely subbed. He's more fit to play 90' every week than a lot of guys are to play 60-70'. Part of greatness is being available and healthy. I think that's part of what drives me nuts about guys like Keita, Ox, and to some extent Thiago. Just can't stay fit and then there's Mo.

I dont watch Liverpool very much, but is Salah hit much? I think Ox and Jack Wilshire just get clubbed too many times because they had fast feat. Those just stack up. Salah seems to be in space and defenders are a step off of him because of his speed.

This isn't taking away from his fitness just think that players in the middle who look to dribble a bit will always have injury concerns.
AG@RICE
AG
texagbeliever said:

eiggA2002 said:

I dont watch Liverpool very much, but is Salah hit much? I think Ox and Jack Wilshire just get clubbed too many times because they had fast feat. Those just stack up. Salah seems to be in space and defenders are a step off of him because of his speed.

This isn't taking away from his fitness just think that players in the middle who look to dribble a bit will always have injury concerns.
Mo gets kicked all the time and in my opinion is not adequately protected by the refs.

joemeister
AG
If you are defending Salah, feel free to grab him with both hands. The ref's aren't going to call it and the defenders know it. It's probably because he seems so nice, everyone wants a hug.
YNWA.2013
Everton beating Brighton prevents them from moving ahead of us in the table if we both win out. Unfortunately, it might rule out the very fun scenario of Everton going down.

Man United need 9 points from their final four games to put themselves out of reach. Newcastle need 6 if their superior GD holds, 7 if they want to put it beyond doubt.

I mean, it is there. What seemed highly unlikely a couple weeks ago, seems tangible now. The results against Chelsea might be what it boils down to, but I am not holding my breath that Chelsea all of a sudden figures it out under Lampard. I'm thinking Wolves and Fulham might give United enough trouble for them to drop the points there, especially once Fulham have Mitrovic back. United is at home for those matches but as long as Bruno continues to moan about every call and bringing the morale of the whole team with him, there's a chance.
*insert Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber gif*
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
AG
Yeah, there's plenty of data out there about the way Mo gets officiated. It's blatantly bad.
jeffk
AG
OregonAggie said:

jeffk said:

It's not like Mane missed a ton of games for us during his time here. Salah clearly hasn't but Mane was consistently available. This year for Mane hasn't exactly been "normal" for him.

Count me in the aforementioned crowd because I think we could've resigned Mane for less, sold Salah for a lot more money, and retooled our roster a year or two earlier.

It's tough as I really do love them both, but I am glad we retained Salah. For one, I don't think Sadio wanted to stay, so that's a hard thing to overcome. And he's definitely missed more time over his career than Salah. Nine games out in 16-17 and another nine out in 19-20. It's not awful by any means, but those were considerable numbers.
texagbeliever
AG@RICE said:

texagbeliever said:

eiggA2002 said:

Mo gets kicked all the time and in my opinion is not adequately protected by the refs.

Thanks, good info.

Im not a see racism everywhere kind of guy but if one looks at how Salah and Saka are treated compared to Kane and Haaland the ref bias is night and day.
The Wizard of Oz
AG
I got bored, so I made a little spreadsheet to track the scenarios for Top 4. I've been hammering LFC Top 4 ever since we were +800 a couple weeks ago. It just feels like fate. Anyways... enjoy playing around with all the scenarios.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kShDQ7Uqzw1koUXRGV33m4eMGfCtAvQC0-Fa79ivwd0/edit?usp=sharing
ChipFTAC01
AG
Fellow soccer spreadsheet nerd, I salute you. Especially for your use of appropriate team colors.
eiggA2002
AG
Now Mane is being linked with Chelsea. We could've just done a Mount and Mane trade last year LOL. I don't want either to happen fwiw.
OregonAggie
ChipFTAC01

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.