* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,259 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YNWA.2013
OregonAggie
AG
jeffk
AG
Darwin is out injured.
RossG_2
AG
Thanks to y'all for making this thread the easiest place for me to get LFC updates. Now that I'm married and (mostly) settled I think I can find more time to join in the conversation again.

And I've got to share a cool story from this weekend…

We had a wedding reception this past Saturday in downtown Houston. I had seen some Seattle Sounders shirts and hats and knew they were staying at our hotel but didn't think much else of it. Anyway, we went to our party that afternoon and got back to the hotel around 3:30.

As she and I got out of the Uber, we saw the whole team at the entrance waiting for their ride. They saw us getting out and formed two lines and cheered as we walked in. In other words, we got an impromptu guard of honor from the Seattle Sounders. It was awesome and pretty surreal.

But my ring still says YNWA so I know where my loyalties lie.
RossG_2
AG
And mean faces!
jeffk
AG
That's so awesome. Congratulations on the nuptials.
akm91
AG
Cool story but need pics as proof.

Congrats on the nuptials!
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
jeffk
AG
Jones brace in 5'
YNWA.2013
Awesome story! Congrats to the newlyweds!
-FTA c/o 2013
YNWA.2013
Trent! Alexander! Arnold! Take a bow! What a hit!
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
AG
Winning by three >>> winning by one
The Wizard of Oz
AG
Traveling supporters probably sang the Firmino song for 70 minutes today.
jeffk
AG
It sounded glorious.

RossG_2
AG
That's amazing.

Thanks, fellas!
jeffk
AG
Supposedly Bayern is transfer listing Mane. Going to be tough to find a club willing to foot the 350k he makes weekly.
jeffk
AG
eiggA2002
AG
Cry face emoji.

Three of those four deserve a hero's send off. Bobby should get his own.

Keita should be presented with his luggage and a ticket to anywhere but Liverpool.
ChipFTAC01
AG
eiggA2002 said:

Cry face emoji.

Three of those four deserve a hero's send off. Bobby should get his own.

Keita should be presented with his luggage and a ticket to anywhere but Liverpool.

Listening to Red Agenda yesterday as they were getting weepy eyed about Bobby made me truly sad. I'm gonna miss the heck out of that guy.
The Wizard of Oz
AG
eiggA2002 said:

We need to just give Trent the #8 shirt and make the midfield move in earnest. Can't believe Keita was our first #8 after Stevie.
jeffk
AG
Klopp gets a two match ban and a 75k fine. Sad that he'll miss the send-off for our outgoing players but some sort of disciplinary action was definitely warranted imo.

EDIT - You know what, F the FA. They could have announced this punishment anytime in the past 20 days, but instead waited until it would impact the final home game. Douchbags.

https://theathletic.com/4531750/2023/05/18/jurgen-klopp-referee-tierney-liverpool/
jeffk
Mathguy64
AG
I'm pretty sure reading that article that the second match ban is up in the air. He misses AVL then the next game he comes back and it's a probationary game. If he's nice the second match suspension gets waived. They did him a favor.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, the second match ban is the sword of Damocles hanging over him into next season.
Mathguy64
AG
Be honest. If Mourinho had acted that way and said what Klopp said what would his punishment had been?

I'll bet 1. Sent off right there and 2. A minimum 2 match stadium ban. Not touchline but full stadium.
jeffk
AG
First, I'm on board with him being punished as what he did was inappropriate. But I do think the FA is being vindictive with the timing here. And in other years, I'd agree about the stadium ban; this year they've basically decided that just about anything goes. Which is sort of why I think they've delayed that second match ban until next season. I expect to see them draw some more firm lines in the sand in the offseason and this lays the ground work for that.

In his after match interview, all Klopp said was that he thought he heard something inappropriate from the center. Later we heard that they'd reviewed the audio and heard nothing untoward. So Klopp either lied or misheard. I sort of figured they'd release audio at some point but I guess we're not getting that after all.
Dre_00
I mean…that's not all he said. He also said that Tierney has it out for him and Liverpool and looks at them weird. Which is extremely close to implying (and maybe isn't even implying but actually saying) that the refereeing isn't impartial. The FA has long frowned about post game comments that insinuate that. You can say the ref's decisions were crap. You can't say he was intentionally deceitful or biased. SAF got suspended on more than one occasion for implying the latter.
jeffk
AG
Yes, good call. I did leave that part out.

Also, Klopp's right about that.
jeffk
AG
Klopp says Darwin still out for tomorrow's game but Bobby is going to be available.
ChipFTAC01
jeffk
OregonAggie
AG

Fab, Hendo, Jones in the middle. Gakpo, Salah, Diaz up top.

BOBBYS LAST GAME AT ANFIELD…LETS GO!!!!
jeffk
AG
Ball is liar. Lol.
jeffk
AG
Alisson's beard is approaching James Harden territory now.
jeffk
AG
That's been coming honestly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.