* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,311 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
Out in Left Field
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Utter chaos at the back and a **** pen call
jeffk
AG
Final score was about what I figured but I'm not happy with how it got there. Lol.
jeffk
AG
Diaz and Trent probably going to be out for a good while. Winter WC might prove to be a good break for us. Although we could come back still playing awful defense and failing to put away our chances.

Anyway, it sucks to see this group struggling like they are. Feels like a funeral most match days now.
Agvet12
AG
What happened to our defense?

Virgil looks lost, (injuries finally catch up to him?)
Matip looked slow
The Greek LB was the most solid one I saw (not gonna attempt to spell the name)

And Our Middies are awful slow and lack some creativity

Still think we sold the wrong winger (I've loved salah but he should've been sold over mane - but I get why he wasn't)

Rarely post here but big supporter
deadbq03
AG
jeffk said:

Diaz and Trent probably going to be out for a good while. Winter WC might prove to be a good break for us. Although we could come back still playing awful defense and failing to put away our chances.

Anyway, it sucks to see this group struggling like they are. Feels like a funeral most match days now.
I should probably make this comment on a different thread, but I'm thinking of it again based on this comment so I'll run with it here.

I have a feeling many teams will come back from the break and look entirely different.

I think the timing of the WC is really screwing with some players' mentality. I think a lot of players are holding back a bit because they don't want to get injured before the WC. I think that's why EPL, Serie A, and Bundesliga tables have some really inexplicable results right now, with some CL-caliber teams struggling and some teams with little/no international talent doing really well.

I'm absolutely not saying his form is undeserved, but Haaland doesn't have any reason to hold back because he's not going to Qatar… and if you're a WC defender, are you really gonna try and get stuck in against that monster?

Sorry for cluttering your thread with random thoughts but maybe it'll give y'all a narrative that helps cope with results so far.
jeffk
AG
The FA is apparently investigating something abusive Hendo may have said to Gabi (not Jesus) yesterday as well. Lots of speculation. I'd be really disappointed if it was racist/anti-gay.
texagbeliever
It was said to Gabi not Jesus.
jeffk
AG
Ah, right. Thanks.
gougler08
AG
Twitter is abuzz that all the Brazilians (Arsenal and Liverpool) looked less than pleased with whatever was said...who knows though
Mathguy64
AG
There are plenty of video snips that show Henderson saying something and the reaction it got. They were definitely not happy. Whatever it was Oliver didnt hear it because he didnt card it. However he was told what was said and he apparently included it in his match report. Thats the conversation he has with Arteta and Klopp. You can see Klopp reacting too. He was like "oh ****".
jeffk
AG
Mathguy64 said:

There are plenty of video snips that show Henderson saying something and the reaction it got. They were definitely not happy. Whatever it was Oliver didnt hear it because he didnt card it. However he was told what was said and he apparently included it in his match report. Thats the conversation he has with Arteta and Klopp. You can see Klopp reacting too. He was like "oh ****".

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that he said something shockingly offensive or something that was misconstrued that way. When you watch a player on your team for so long you come to sort of feel like you know them, and I'll certainly be disappointed if he went to a slur of any kind in yelling at anyone. He's basically the poster child for all of the anti-bullying, anti-racism, inclusion initiatives for the league and the PA and the ENT… and he seems to genuinely be one of the good guys in the sport with how he spends his time and energy advocating. That said, I've also played and coached enough soccer to know that people do and say things in the heat of the moment of competition that you wouldn't expect them to. Hopefully it's all a misunderstanding but I'm not overly convinced it will be.
jeffk
AG
Great questions!

Agvet12 said:

Matip looked slow
The Greek LB was the most solid one I saw (not gonna attempt to spell the name) Yeah, there's really no bright spots on the defense right now other than the Greek Scouser (Tsimikas). Instability across the line-up due to injuries is really disruptive and then VVD hasn't been his usual elite self -- maybe because of the lineup churn, maybe he's old, maybe he's concentrating on WC prep, idk? Trent does dumb stuff at a really high rate - he's good for at least a goal against a game because he's out of position, tries to do someone else's job, sees something shiny in the stands, etc.

And Our Middies are awful slow and lack some creativity Yeah, Milner and Hendo have aged a hundred years in about six month's time it seems. Thiago and Fab have missed a ton of time to injury (Jones too). Elliott has been okay, but he's not a possession guy really and that's what we've been really missing. Looks like we were gearing up to use Jota in the midfield more, but now Diaz is out for a while, so that's probably tabled.

Still think we sold the wrong winger (I've loved salah but he should've been sold over mane - but I get why he wasn't) IDK. They're both the same age and only Salah really wanted to stay on with the club. Plus, Sadio has had his issues with productivity at Bayern, so it's hard to say he would have fixed what's ailing LFC any more than Salah has. Asking me to pick which to sell and which to keep is like making me choose which of my children I love more.

Glad to have you around! Hope we start playing better.
jeffk
carl spacklers hat
Agvet12 said:

Matip looked slow
The Greek LB was the most solid one I saw (not gonna attempt to spell the name)

And Our Middies are awful slow and lack some creativity

Still think we sold the wrong winger (I've loved salah but he should've been sold over mane - but I get why he wasn't)

1,000 time this!
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
OregonAggie
ChipFTAC01
jeffk
AG
Yeah, this tracks.
OregonAggie
AG
This game is a lot more evenly matched than I want it to be
jeffk
AG
Bobby's back HAS to be hurting.
OregonAggie
AG
Hahahaha

Dude is on fire!!!!
jeffk
AG
Recording this to rewatch Sunday if need be.
AG@RICE
AG
Mo!!!!! Probably fastest hat trick I've ever seen
jeffk
AG
Maybe we should just bring him on at 60' from here on out?
wangus12
AG
See. We fixed you guys
jeffk
AG
If it lasts into next week then maybe.
OregonAggie
AG
AG@RICE said:

Mo!!!!! Probably fastest hat trick I've ever seen

I remember watching Robbie Fowler's 5 min hat trick. Amazing stuff!!
jeffk
AG
This set a new CL record.

AG@RICE
AG
Fresh Mo against tired legs is a pretty tasty strategy
ChipFTAC01
AG
That was fun. Rangers put up a good fight for the first half.
RossG_2
AG
Fun indeed. Let's hope THAT was the start of some real momentum and not the fake stuff we saw with the 9-0 Bournemouth destruction.
akm91
AG
Saw article in Goal that Liverpool is interested in Musah. Think it would be a great fit and LFC desperately needs dynamic midfielders!
jeffk
AG
That would make my heart so full.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Konate isn't fit so Milner at RB.
ChipFTAC01
OregonAggie
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.