* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,268 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
KCup17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fair enough. To be completely honest I'm not a fan of them either but I'm too invested in the club to go anywhere else
AG@RICE
AG
Kloppage Time!
YNWA.2013
Looks like Arthur will be the midfielder joining the club following Henderson's potential hamstring injury. Not too convinced by the former Barcelona and Juve man, but I've been wrong before. Just smells like Oban Kazak and desperation. Not sure there were many other options though… (I was quietly and selfishly hoping for a Wijnaldum loan reunion earlier last month until he joined Roma and broke his leg )
-FTA c/o 2013
AG@RICE
AG
I'm fairly certain every Liverpool fan was secretly hoping for the return of Gini. Along those lines, I'm hoping Klopp can repeat the same magic he worked on him with Arthur. Gini was a good, but not a great, player when he came to Anfield. Arthur isn't complete crap. He is excellent at ball retention and completes most of his passes, but gets criticized for his lack of forward passing and scoring. Here is a pretty cool twitter thread from last year I found on reddit:

Its a breakdown of his game/potential/failure up to that point. A little sunshine if you are willing to soak it up. Arthur is a guy who might just need a little Klopp in his life.
joemeister
AG
I'm not sure how anybody can look at this move negatively. It's basically a zero risk stop gap until the January window when, if you believe the rumors, a deal is already in place with Dortmund for the transfer of Bellingham.

Arthur is a much more talented player than the last round of stop gap buys at CB a few seasons ago.
jeffk
AG
eiggA2002
AG
I mean that is exactly what I was thinking watching the match. If you only would've signed Richarlison the stoppage time could've been 15 minutes!

ChipFTAC01
AG
jeffk said:

That's great.
YNWA.2013
We could all use a little Klopp in our lives. I bet his hugs are as soft as a marshmallow and as warm as a blanket. But I am all for whatever move he is in favor of!

In Klopp We Trust!
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
AG
Officially official.

OregonAggie
AG
Official and also with an option to buy!

Hopefully he fits in well with the boys because at 25 he's the perfect age to keep around a bit.

At this rate, Klopp might need to start learning Portuguese
ChipFTAC01
AG
Couple of academy loan moves I just noticed

Owen Beck - Bolton
Leighton Clarkson. - Aberdeen
Tyler Morton - Blackburn
Conor Bradley - Bolton
ChipFTAC01
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

jeffk said:

That's great.

I shared this with my wife last night and then we ended up watching a video of all of Bobby's 100 goals. It's amazing how many tricky little goals he has. When it finished she asked, "Do they have one of these for MO Salah?"

Yes they do. 19 1/2 minutes of Mo doing MO things.
jeffk
AG
Don't forget to set yourself a Derby alarm for tomorrow.
RossG_2
jeffk
jeffk
AG
Wow, a 19 and 20 year old midfield pairing. Also Darwin starts right off his suspension (I bet Bobby is gassed), Arthur is cleared and on the bench, and Jota is in the lineup again.

Tx_Aggie15
jeffk
AG
Gordon is a perfect Ev player in that I already hate him.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Is the midfield sideline camera always at such an acute angle at Goodison? I feel like it's hanging over the sideline.
coastalAg
AG
There are a lot of things going wrong right now, but Milner has been particularly brutal.
jeffk
AG
coastalAg said:

There are a lot of things going wrong right now, but Milner has been particularly brutal.

Hopefully the guy who will keep him off the pitch just arrived this week.
jeffk
AG
Excited and frustrating and terrifying game. Pickford was absurdly good today. Still a wonderfully fun team to support, but we're missing some of the magic or killer instinct or whatever that held us at the top of the league the past few seasons. I'm sure we'll still finish top four and be in contention for a trophy along the way, but it feels like we're still a long way off the pace we've needed to maintain the past several years to compete with City and Europe for titles.
AG@RICE
AG
Not enough speed and power in the midfield. I'm glad we got Arthur, because its better than nothing, but I don't think he will solve the problem either. Need a true scrapper out there. A healthy (happy) Naby would do, but I doubt we are getting that this year.
wangus12
AG
coastalAg said:

I think it's all finally catching up with him. Dude has been a workhorse, but he's playing in the engine room in the PL at 36.
jeffk
AG
We have ourselves a green third kit.

RossG_2
AG
I like em.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, they're cool. I don't think I ever consider getting a third jersey, but these aren't horrendous.
jeffk
AG
Thiago is back in full training today.
jeffk
Tx_Aggie15
ChipFTAC01
OregonAggie
akm91
AG
Need to sign Musah during the Jan window.
jeffk
AG
illallowit.gif

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.