* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,248 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
OregonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll take it for sure. Hopefully we're back to consistently winning
ChipFTAC01
AG
Twas not an exciting game but a good three points.
OregonAggie
AG
Rumors are that Zaha would like a move to Liverpool.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-news-transfers-live-zaha-25307469?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar#entry3071015

I wonder how he'd fit in with the squad considering he wouldn't be "The Guy" here. I love his athleticism and goal scoring ability but I wonder if he'd do his defensive work as well.
eiggA2002
AG
No thanks. This happened a few years ago when he wanted to new contract. He tried to sign with a Top 6 team, but there wasn't much interest and no one would meet his wage demands or guaranty playing time. Then he resigned with Palace. He gives off the diva vibe to me and is just too inconsistent.
ChipFTAC01
AG
eiggA2002 said:

No thanks. This happened a few years ago when he wanted to new contract. He tried to sign with a Top 6 team, but there wasn't much interest and no one would meet his wage demands or guaranty playing time. Then he resigned with Palace. He gives off the diva vibe to me and is just too inconsistent.

Agree. I enjoy watching him at Palace a d I think he's a good fit there. He doesn't seem like the right player for us though. And he'll be 30 next month.

Beaides I don't want to think about signing anyone else up front until we sign 2 more MF. Ideally a younger (cheaper) still developing type like Cavahlo and a slightly older finished product.
jeffk
AG
Wake up
jeffk
AG
RossG_2
Tx_Aggie15
Forum Troll
AG
What in the wide wide world of sports is going on here?
Tx_Aggie15
AG
Pathetic
ChipFTAC01
AG
I really want to see Forest escape but this isn't what I had in mind.
jeffk
AG
Such a maddeningly frustrating team to watch this season. I don't think anyone has an explanation - including Klopp and the team itself. Maybe the quad chase last season broke us. Maybe we just need a major refreshing. Idk. But it's hard to watch happen.
jeffk
AG
So we have two mid week CL group stage games (Ajax and Napoli - who may hang 10 on us), three league games, and one mid week Caribou Cup match vs Derby County prior to the WC break.

Honestly, at this point, I don't have any expectations for competing for a league title or trophies in any other competition for that matter. Unless something major changes, finishing in the top four is really the only realistically attainable goal I see for this team.
Mustang1
AG
CL title, probably not but make it out of Group Stage. Pretty tough to F that up. R of 16 is months away luckily
ChipFTAC01
AG
jeffk said:

So we have two mid week CL group stage games (Ajax and Napoli - who may hang 10 on us), three league games, and one mid week Caribou Cup match vs Derby County prior to the WC break.

Honestly, at this point, I don't have any expectations for competing for a league title or trophies in any other competition for that matter. Unless something major changes, finishing in the top four is really the only realistically attainable goal I see for this team.

This is about where I am.
RossG_2
AG
Glad I fell back asleep and missed that one.
FriedTex
AG
Fall sports are tougher than anticipated
jeffk
AG
Okey dokey

Mathguy64
AG
" None of the witnesses heard the alleged comment, and the player accused strenuously denied the allegation throughout"

Yeah. Sure.

They all clammed up. Color me shocked.
jeffk
AG
I mean they hired lip readers and went over every video angle available. It makes Arteta's "keep it on the pitch" comments make a bit more sense.

Sure, you can be cynical and think Hendo said something incredibly racist/anti-gay/whichever and the FA is burying it and that all the Arsenal players are not saying anything about it because they're scared to speak out

OR maybe Gabby heard wrong and then told people on the pitch what he thought he heard and that's what led to the bad reactions in the moment. Personally I'd think we would have heard more about it from leaks or the players themselves if there was something awful that was being swept under the rug.
Mathguy64
AG
Or, unlike Suarez, everyone likes Henderson and they don't want to watch him burn.

You can see in the video the moment he says whatever he didn't say. Xhaka reacted immediately and the look on his face was real.

I get it. This wasn't a random internet fan spewing nonsense. It was one of their own and they don't want to see them go down for a comment made in the heat.

But let's not kid ourselves. They are being hypocrites.
jeffk
AG
I'll mark you down for the cynical take then. Lol.

You and I both know things can get misheard or misunderstood on the pitch. I just think that if he really did say what some suspect he did, we'd have that leaked or confirmed in some way. The fact that NO ONE from the time the players left the pitch has given any indication that it wasn't a misunderstanding is telling to me. Unless something else comes out, I'll choose to think it wasn't as bad as originally thought. You can obviously choose differently.
joemeister
AG
In this day and age, it doesn't seem like players will protect one another if something racist is said on the pitch. Hendo also has a bad Geordie accent and a deep voice. Who knows what he's saying most of the time.
jeffk
AG@RICE
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Or, unlike Suarez, everyone likes Henderson and they don't want to watch him burn.

You can see in the video the moment he says whatever he didn't say. Xhaka reacted immediately and the look on his face was real.

I get it. This wasn't a random internet fan spewing nonsense. It was one of their own and they don't want to see them go down for a comment made in the heat.

But let's not kid ourselves. They are being hypocrites.
Just dropping in to say "F@CK patrice evra"
jeffk
AG
jeffk
AG
First time in the new green third kits. I have some fond CL memories of the purple drank and sunshiney orange third kits, so hopefully this holds true.
OregonAggie
AG
I loved both of those too.

Cmon boys let's do this!!

YNWA!!!!
OregonAggie
jeffk
AG
Not terrible looking.
OregonAggie
AG
Nunez bringing it today!
jeffk
AG
Fun times.
Unemployed
AG
This team is so Jeckyll and Hyde.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Like the kits, like the goals, like the win

Wife noticed that the names are low on their shirts. BOw I can't under it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.