* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,255 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
RossG_2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You just made me spend money. And I thank you for it. Had to get that sweatshirt too.
jeffk
AG
I get a comment on it every time k wear it out of the house.

My mom asked me, "oh, like the song from the musical Carousel?"

Yeah, actually. Exactly right, mom.
OregonAggie
AG
AG@RICE said:

Naby is a good player, but he just can't stay healthy enough to be relied upon. Klopp's style does not suit him well, he simply isn't durable enough to play like a mad man for 90 minutes for multiple games. I remember watching him in his first handful of appearances thinking he was worthy of Stevie G's #8. There have even been a few 5 or 6 game runs where he looks really good....then BAM...injury. He can't really get in a groove or develop any real consistency with the rest of the squad. Just not the player we need.

I honestly think Klopp et al, have lost the focus on what made his teams work. He keeps looking for tactical players...he needs a durable beast in the middle of the park. Gini had really good control, but his strength was actually his raw athleticism. He rarely made "technical" passes and often made simple side or back passes. His style brought plenty of ire from people who didn't understand his true worth: ball recovery and retention.

Without Gini (or a player like him), we simply can't win enough 50/50 balls in the middle of the field to justify our press.

I watched ESPNFC's podcast today about Liverpool and Nicol pointed out that Thiago, as great as he is, isn't the same type of player from a work rate perspective. I forget if he mentioned Gini by name but that's exactly the kind of player we're missing. I truly believe Naby could've been that guy but you're right about the injuries.

I don't think we sign Bellingham due to cost but I absolutely think they pull the trigger this summer on a player that fills that role. We'll have an interesting off-season if we can get to Champions League again. That's a big if at this point. We desperately need someone that will just run their ass off, win balls, and be at least pretty good at distribution.
joemeister
AG
They actually had some apparel for sale that isn't a jersey or look like it was made for a child. I just want a simple team polo, but, alas, nobody seems to sell such things. I did buy a t-shirt and hat though, so thank you for alerting us.
jeffk
AG
You bet! The polos and tshirts are pretty nice. I try to keep my kids outfitted with at least one LFC piece in their rotation.

On a down note, VVD appears to have picked up a worse than realized hammy pull and is likely to miss the whole month of Jan.
AG@RICE
AG
I've pretty much given up on Bellingham. I doubt we will make the CL and that will basically sink our chances to sign him. It may not be a bad thing though. Paying huge $$$ for 1 guy rarely works out well for Liverpool. We need to get back to finding diamonds in the rough for reasonable fees. We need several midfielders, not just 1.
akm91
AG
Musah had supposedly been on LFC's radar but not sure if that was just rumor or was there any actual truth to it. Would he fit into Klopp's system?
AG@RICE
AG
akm91 said:

Musah had supposedly been on LFC's radar but not sure if that was just rumor or was there any actual truth to it. Would he fit into Klopp's system?
I'm a massive Musah fan, so I want to say "Yes".

He is still really raw as a player, so its hard to tell what will suit him best.

He certainly plays with the required energy (although I question his ability to get a full 90), but I'm not sure if he is physical and athletic enough to really move the needle for the club. I'd love for him to get a shot though.
AG@RICE
AG
VVD out several weeks to a month.

I don't think there is a magical header from Allison at the end of this road...
OregonAggie
AG
AG@RICE said:

VVD out several weeks to a month.

I don't think there is a magical header from Allison at the end of this road...

Yeah I don't either. We're so poor in midfield right now and losing VVD is a killer. I like Matip and Konate but we have no one past them that I want playing in big games…and they're all big games for us now
jeffk
AG
Thankfully, other than City and Arsenal, the rest of the teams around us are all fatally flawed as well.

But yeah, it's going to take some magic to get us into the top 4.
jeffk
AG
With that in mind, I'm actually okay with us getting bounced by Wolves tomorrow.
jeffk
AG@RICE
ChipFTAC01
jeffk
AG
Going for it.

jeffk
AG
Everything is fine
jeffk
AG
Welp. We played a first XI and didn't get a win or get eliminated.
Tx_Aggie15
AG
Apparently LFC are set to debut a new kit this season that will be LeBron James themed. Thoughts?
jeffk
AG
Link?
eiggA2002
AG
Hard pass.
AG@RICE
AG
Tx_Aggie15 said:

Apparently LFC are set to debut a new kit this season that will be LeBron James themed. Thoughts?
Lebron is a fantastic basketball player, but I have absolutely no interest in purchasing anything with his branding. I've always found him to be a self absorbed dbag.
powerbelly
AG
Tx_Aggie15 said:

Dumb
Mathguy64
AG
Tx_Aggie15 said:

Will it proudly say "Made in China"?
Tx_Aggie15
AG
jeffk
AG
Thanks. I bet it's not a game-worn full kit. Says it's part of a clothing collab line. The Nike x LFC shoes I've seen so far are okay, but nothing I considered buying for myself.

And I like LeBron.

For reference, here are the three Nike x LFC shoe models we've seen so far (the second and third are LeBron collabs): https://www.kicksonfire.com/app/search/?keyword=liverpool The AM1 isn't bad now that I'm looking more closely at it.
Tx_Aggie15
AG
Those Air Max 1's are nice!
OregonAggie
AG
Nunez out tomorrow against Brighton with what I hear is a hamstring injury. Not major but he's out tomorrow.

Diaz, Jota, Nunez, out and we aren't quite sure if Firmino can go yet. Yikes.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/liverpool-darwin-nunez-injury-brighton-premier-league-news-831399-20230112.amp.html
jeffk
AG
Klopp was asked about signings in his presser and said he doesn't expect any more movement in January. So we'll dance with who got us here... even if they're all injured.
Dre_00
AG@RICE
AG
Milner looking good
jeffk
OregonAggie
OregonAggie
AG

LFG!!!!
Tx_Aggie15

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.