* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,261 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still thin in the midfield.

jeffk
AG
Keita still out injured apparently.
eiggA2002
AG
Yeesh. Look at the bench. I think this tells us all we need to know about Naby.

Saying he's still injured, buuuuuuut
jeffk
AG
jeffk
AG
I'm not a doom and gloomer, but if we're hoping to compete for trophies this season, we need to make a signing in the central midfield (assuming these guys aren't right on the cusp of being back healthy).
gougler08
AG
jeffk said:

Still thin in the midfield.

Man those kits are trippy...like one of those 3D pictures if you stare at them long enough
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I kind of like them. Probably wouldn't buy one for myself, but they're cool and different.
gougler08
AG
Yeah not bad, just shocking at first glance more than anything
jeffk
AG
lulz.
Unemployed
AG
More of the same. Need to get off their asses.
OregonAggie
OregonAggie
AG
DAMMIT BOYS FIGHT
jeffk
AG
This midfield is poop.
AG@RICE
AG
Too much Milner. He has been a passenger today.
RossG_2
AG
Brentford must be the best team in the league.
Unemployed
AG
Wow.
Beef Cheek
AG
ugh what's happening?? This is stressing me out
akm91
AG
Liverpool needs to bring in some midfielders before the window closes.
Unemployed
AG
akm91 said:

Liverpool needs to bring in some midfielders before the window closes.
LOL...people have been saying that for the past few years.
AG@RICE
AG
We still haven't replaced Gini....
OregonAggie
AG
AG@RICE said:

The Curse of the Great Georgino.

Oh Lordy
jeffk
AG
Well that sucked but I kind of saw it coming.
jeffk
AG
Makes me sad to say it but Hendo looked 80 years old out there tonight.
Mathguy64
AG
Thanks boys. Appreciate the lift up off the deck.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Now you can't fire TH.

The long con.
Mathguy64
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

Mathguy64 said:

Now you can't fire TH.

The long con.

Now we know we can win with Slabhead firmly attached to the bench.
jeffk
AG
Trying to see if the dead cat bounce is real.
AG@RICE
AG
OregonAggie said:

AG@RICE said:

The Curse of the Great Georgino.

Oh Lordy

Apparently Gini fractured his leg in training with Roma. The Curse of the Great Georgino works in both directions...
jeffk
AG
Oh, *****
OregonAggie
AG
Read a report in the Liverpool Echo that Youri Tielemans could be for sale for as little as 17M. I really like him a lot and he's only 25. I think we need to sign another midfielder asap. We have plenty of guys but dammit they're always hurt.
jeffk
AG
Saw this today. Posting not because I think there's something magical or unlucky about 7th year, but moreso that it's really hard to build success past short term to some sort of long-running dynasty. I have a lot of confidence that Klopp will get the team back on track and we'll have a typically successful year. I don't know that we'll be in the hunt for a quadruple again, but that was pretty insane. This team does have some aging pieces that are in need of rotation and we also need our playmakers to start making plays again. That said, it's only three games. The loss to United was the first PL loss since last December (which again seems insane).

OregonAggie
AG
The rash of injuries isn't on him and any manager would be struggling with this team. Our roster should've been good enough to beat Palace and Fulham, but I can also see other Top 6 teams not getting results a full 6 off either team this year.

Our problem early on is mainly due to not having enough midfielders IMO. I like Milner but he isn't a creator and I don't like him playing 90 minutes in big games. The loss of Thiago is big but everyone knows he won't be available all season long and this was the case while he was at Bayern too. Keita being injury prone hurts us very very badly as well because he can be a creator and breakdown a defense.

Elliott just isn't there yet, Curtis Jones when healthy isn't either, and putting that on Carvalho so early on just isn't a good plan.

Considering Thiago and Keita are always hurt, I think we really need to bring in another midfielder.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I peed a little when I saw a rumor we were going after Bellingham this morning.
AG@RICE
AG
jeffk said:

Saw this today. Posting not because I think there's something magical or unlucky about 7th year, but moreso that it's really hard to build success past short term to some sort of long-running dynasty. I have a lot of confidence that Klopp will get the team back on track and we'll have a typically successful year. I don't know that we'll be in the hunt for a quadruple again, but that was pretty insane. This team does have some aging pieces that are in need of rotation and we also need our playmakers to start making plays again. That said, it's only three games. The loss to United was the first PL loss since last December (which again seems insane).

The decision to leave Fabinho on the bench and start Milly was a head scratcher. Probably one of the most un-Klopp decisions I've seen in a long time....
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I'm sure JK is second-guessing himself on that one too. I think Fab wasn't fit for a full 90' and he thought Milly could handle the United team that showed up their first two games. Unfortunately, we got energized and pissed off United instead and Hendo decided he wasn't going to play well at the 6 either. It was a disaster class there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.