* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,284 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
VVD on the Dutch squad (surprise!). Thiago not included on the Spain squad.
OregonAggie
AG
jeffk said:

VVD on the Dutch squad (surprise!). Thiago not included on the Spain squad.

I'm happy about that last part. Now I hope he just runs on an elliptical for cardio and doesn't get hurt while NOT playing in the World Cup hahaha
jeffk
AG
Klopp is banned from the sideline this weekend's match. He'd initially been given no ban, but then on appeal by the FA, he was given a one-game ban for yelling at the 4th official and getting a red several weeks ago.
jeffk
ChipFTAC01
OregonAggie
Out in Left Field
jeffk
AG
TWO league wins in a row? What is this sorcery?!
AG@RICE
AG
That was an absolutely disastrous 1st half of the season based upon expectations. Time to regroup. Only 7 points out of the CL. Need to buy some midfielders and get everyone healthy for the post World cup revenge tour.
YNWA.2013
"Borussia Dortmund CEO says Jude Bellingham free to leave next summer amid reported interest from Liverpool, Real Madrid." -ESPN

Bring out the checkbook.
-FTA c/o 2013
ChipFTAC01
AG
A few months ago while walking through the suite of one of the tenants in my office I noticed a guy with a LFC scarf hanging from his desk. We stopped and chatted and will talk Liverpool when I run into him in the building cafe from time to time.

I saw him today for the first time in a while and we chatted about the game and Leeds ****ting the bed. About an hour later a guy on my team said someone left something for me at security.

A Col. Klopp coffee mug.

jeffk
AG
That's incredible.
OregonAggie
AG
Damn I should've talked to the midget wearing a LFC shirt today I saw on the plane. Maybe he could've granted me a wish or something!

That cup is awesome!
jeffk
AG
Carvalho is apparently making a switch from the Portuguese to the English NT. He'd played for the Portugal U21s a couple of times already. This is probably Ronaldo's fault.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Was actually glad to see Hendo come on for Bellingham yesterday. Old legs.
OregonAggie
AG
Not sure if anyone saw but apparently Julian Ward, our Sporting Director, is leaving the club. Very big shoes to fill and I hope this doesn't screw us up in the next couple transfer windows.
ChipFTAC01
AG
More correctly Michael Edwards is leaving big shoes to fill. Other than getting Mo's extension done not sure what skins Ward has on the wall.
OregonAggie
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

More correctly Michael Edwards is leaving big shoes to fill. Other than getting Mo's extension done not sure what skins Ward has on the wall.

Without a doubt but he was part of the puzzle when Edwards was here too. Having Ward leave, on top of the fact that Edwards already did, means there's a big void in the personnel engine room when it comes to knowing this roster.

Edwards was absolutely the bigger loss.
jeffk
AG
Well ****. "Private consortium" is the language they're using since the Newcastle sale. So we'd be in the pockets of both the Qataris and Saudis.

Mathguy64
AG
Well you won't know who to be angry at. The Sauds for being generally bad actors or the Qataris for employing slaves and being homophobic.

And I find the combined bid interesting as the Saudi's and Qataris generally don't like each other.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, it'll be super cool to have deep, bloody pockets but the hands holding the checkbook will never sign anyone because they'll be fighting each other the whole time. Just fantastic.
Mathguy64
AG
It won't be long before all the big teams are owned by rich countries with more money than good sense. At which point I guess the very uneven playing field will be level again.

I feels like I'm watching the original Rollerball.
OregonAggie
AG
I hate reading this but it was only a matter of time. It solves the problem of missing out on signings because so many other big clubs have unlimited budgets, but it could/will kill the culture of the club. Liverpool hasn't been "poor" with FSG running them by any stretch of the word but they have held fast to budgets where other teams we compete with don't seem to know what that word means. It's made winning trophies mean more.

I guess we'll be just another oil money backed soccer club
ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01
AG
Anyone know why Konate didn't play against Poland? He started the first two games and subbed for the third. How has he looked?
jeffk
AG
I thought he looked fine and I didn't see that he was injured. France has the luxury of resting players in key spots so it might just be rotation.
AG@RICE
AG
I bet they use Konate the same way we do. If they are worried about a physical presence, they bring in Konate. If they need experience they bring in Varane (Matip).

That team is stacked.
OregonAggie
AG

Diaz out till March apparently. Having surgery on his knee.
AG@RICE
AG
Wish they would have decided to do that sooner.
jeffk
AG
Playing Lyon in Dubai this morning.

Dre_00
I think the home support should get you through

(I'll regret this post once United are sold, I'm sure of it).
Mathguy64
AG
Dre_00 said:

I think the home support should get you through

(I'll regret this post once United are sold, I'm sure of it).

No no. The Saud and Qatari royals are buying them not Abu Dhabi. It will be like playing a home designated match in Everton.
jeffk
AG
Eventually all the big six will be owned by the same small group of ME royal-adjacent folks. I'm sure their poker night conversations will be full of fun banter.
Dre_00
"Marcus Rashford has been sold to Liverpool for 20 GBP because Saudi Arabia made their straight on the river."

-- Future headline in The Sun
Mathguy64
AG
jeffk said:

Eventually all the big six will be owned by the same small group of ME royal-adjacent folks. I'm sure their poker night conversations will be full of fun banter.
Yep. Except it's now 7 with Newcastle.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.