* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,270 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol. This team man. Feel bad for Ali.
Out in Left Field
AG
I'm out lads
jeffk
AG
jeffk said:

Lol. This team man. Feel bad for Ali.

Of course right after this, Gomez heads a cross heading for Alisson's hands down right into the Wolves attacking front and they score the second easily.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I think my lucky socks are broken.
Unemployed
AG
This team is dead.
jeffk
AG
Are we playing well? Absolutely not!
Is this Wolves team good? Also no!

Pumped to get dismantled by Everton next week before playing Newcastle and Real in back to back matches.
OregonAggie
AG
The psyche of this team is long gone and I don't know how it comes back. You'd have thought we would see a difference after the World Cup but that damn well hasn't happened
ChipFTAC01
OregonAggie
jeffk
AG
I'M READY TO BE HURT AGAIN
YNWA.2013
Big Merseyside Derby today. Both teams have been awful this season (although Everton is coming off a win against League leaders, Arsenal under new manager Sean Dyche).

We need the win. Our chances of making top 4 grow slimmer with each passing Match Week. We've been on a terrible run with the most annoying stat to me that we have conceded first in 16 of our last 24 matches going back to the end of last season. We are 0W, 1D, 3L in the league in 2023 and have scored just once.

But not all hope is lost, my friends. (This is my attempt to be positive). Everton have only won once at Anfield this century. They are truly a terrible team (I'd argue one of the worst 3 teams in the league this season). This Liverpool team is largely the same as last season and these players did not become sh*t overnight (or over the last eight months). We have been hit by a terrible case of the injury bug with news coming over the weekend that Thiago has joined VvD, Konate, Firmino, Jota, Diaz, and Arthur on the treatment tables. I read somewhere that our top scorer since the World Cup is Wout Faes (who plays for Leicester City).

All that being said, we are currently 12 points off Newcastle who have played 2 more matches. Win today and the game in hand and that puts us within 6. We play them Saturday. Win there and we have it all to play for as we'd be within 3. I'm not too confident given our current form. But this group of players has won lots of games and know how to grind out a result. And if there is any manager that knows how to get the best out of this group, it's Jurgen Klopp. He came out this weekend saying he is "100% committed" to Liverpool Football Club. So read into that what you will.

Here's to hoping we can start a run of wins with victory tonight over the blue side of town!
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
AG
That's the spirit!
Tx_Aggie15
eiggA2002
AG
The Dyche bus will be parked so deep that it may be somewhere in Stanley Park.

Not an ideal team to face to get out of a slump, but no excuses! Every game from here on out is huge!
OregonAggie
AG
Lineup today. Hurts to say but I'm not a fan of seeing Fabinho at the moment. Let's hope he gets his head right and performs.

YNWA

AG@RICE
AG
Jota and Bobby on the bench!!!!
YNWA.2013
And VvD! Gradually getting healthier as a whole

Not a current fan of Fabinho either. I would've thought he'd go Bajcetic in the holding role with Keita and Henderson either side.
Tx_Aggie15
AG
I hope we come out on fire and that we don't concede a goal within the first 10 minutes.
OregonAggie
AG
MO SALAH!!!!!!
Tx_Aggie15
AG
That was BEAUTIFUL!!
YNWA.2013
IT'S A MIRACLE!! WE SCORED FIRST!!
Tx_Aggie15
AG
We are a different team today
Tx_Aggie15
AG
Best performance of '23 thus far but it's going to take several more to convince me that we can push for the 4th spot.
AG@RICE
AG
Good day....f@ck jordan pickford
OregonAggie
AG
Tx_Aggie15 said:

Best performance of '23 thus far but it's going to take several more to convince me that we can push for the 4th spot.

I just don't see us doing it. It's taken between 66 and 70 points to get 4th in the league the last few years. We're basically going to have to get points out of every game and we look so bad lately
Tx_Aggie15
AG
We are 9 points back of Newcastle. If we win this weekend and get on a roll anything can happen.
YNWA.2013
What a difference a functioning press from the midfield makes. Henderson I thought was outstanding with his energy and positioning. Which freed up the forwards. All of a sudden, Salah doesn't look rubbish. Nunez still can't score to save his life but is doing everything else really well. His final pass still needs some work but there is no denying his raw speed and effort. Looked to me like Gakpo was playing that False 9 Firmino role and he played it to perfection. Dropping deep, turning Everton players inside out. Finally got his first goal which should relieve some of the pressure on him. Seeing Firmino come on and do the same thing. Exquisite exchange with Salah (although it didn't result in a goal). Bajcetic never seems to get tired. Put some muscle on him and he could fill the Wijnaldum sized hole in our midfield (since we seem unable to dip into the transfer market). But that's the kind of performance to build a run of games on. Confidence looked like it was back today. Get a win at Newcastle and all of a sudden our season has a different outlook!

On a side note, I love when we get under Pickford's skin. Caught out on the Salah goal. No idea what he is thinking there. Several bad passes. And can't hit a target if it's more than 15 yards away. I love that we always seem to make him play at his worst. Robbo laughing in his face was worth the price of admission. No idea how Southgate think he is England's best GK when they have Aaron Ramsdale and Nick Pope. He is in a four way tie with Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, and Richarlison for most annoying EPL players. Constantly b*tch about EVERY. SINGLE. CALL. Whether it's for their team or against. They're like magnets to the refs. But I digress. YNWA
jeffk
AG
Robbo is a gem.

Really hope today was a get-right game and we can build on to finish the season. Getting into the fourth spot would be tremendous… I don't see it happening, but it's not out of the question. I just want to see us play well. Today was a lot of fun.

Also, Baj just continues to impress me.
OregonAggie
AG
Tx_Aggie15 said:

We are 9 points back of Newcastle. If we win this weekend and get on a roll anything can happen.

Sure anything can. This team hasn't shown anything in the past 6 months to suggest they're going to do it, though I hope they do.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I liked that. Just was a fun game to watch.
jeffk
jeffk
AG
I expect they'll have a moment of silence at the game for him today.

OregonAggie
ChipFTAC01
OregonAggie
AG
VVD IS BACK BOYS

YNWA

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.