* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,249 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We can all give thanks to the Flying Spaghetti Monster for all I care as long as he's happy and bangs in another 100 goals over the next three years.
Unemployed
AG
Mo mo mo mo Salah!!!
jeffk
AG
I'll be honest. I was a bit panicked for a few minutes after I saw this exchange on my TL. (The guy with the laugh/cry emoji is Mo's agent.)

eiggA2002
AG
MO SALAH, MO SALAH!!

3-year deal. Let's go get some more trophies!!!!!!!!
jeffk
AG
We've sold Neco Williams to Nottingham Forest. Kind of sad to see him go as I've always liked watching him play, but I understand the need for him to move somewhere he can get permanent first team looks.
YNWA.2013
For 17m, that's a good piece of business. I think Klopp and co. are higher on Ramsey anyways.
-FTA c/o 2013
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm really impressed with how Forest is rebuilding their team. For the fact that they had to win the playoff for promotion they came into the summer with a plan and their checkbook.
RossG_2
AG
We did good getting that much for Neco. Plus it gives him a chance to start over after all the social media negativity he had to deal with.

Just put in my request for 2 tickets to my first ever match at Anfield. Oct 1st against Brighton. I'll find out next week if I got em. Fingers crossed!
jeffk
AG
Oh, sweet!
KCup17
AG
I think that's a good move for both parties.
YNWA.2013
Joe Gomez signs new long-term contract at LFC.

Matip's contract runs until 2024, I believe. I think Konate overtakes him as VvD's preferred partner this upcoming season. And Gomez is in prime position to either overtake Konate or, at the very least, replace VvD when he hangs up his boots (or slows down enough to not play every single game).
-FTA c/o 2013
deadbq03
AG
Tickets to the Leipzig friendly are free if you happen to be in the neighborhood.

https://tickets.rbleipzig.com/selection/event/seat?perfId=10228511911297
jeffk
AG
Playing United in Bangkok on Tuesday. Any of y'all going?
jeffk
AG
ChipFTAC01
AG
That's everyone isn't it?
AG@RICE
AG
No Musialowski, Gordon, or Cannonier.

They took all the Liver-pups I don't care about.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Is the game in Tuesday gonna be watchable anywhere?
jeffk
AG
Only on the LFCTVGo service as far as I can tell.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I think I decided that instead of watching a preseason game I'll watch the game against United from Jan 20 with the Vvd bomb to MO and Alisson running the length of the field.
jeffk
AG
Haha. I have this image saved on my desktop and it brings me a chuckle or two every time I notice it.
jeffk
AG
AG@RICE said:

No Musialowski, Gordon, or Cannonier.

They took all the Liver-pups I don't care about.

jeffk
AG
New kit dropping today apparently.

jeffk
AG
Kit looks better on the players and on TV than in the promos. It's basically a shiny Nike soccer ball that's been made into a jersey.

Also, this starting XI is fearless. A lot of reckless in there too, but they're young and fun and want to score goals.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Game on now?
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I got a Buffstreams page up. United scored on a poor clearance "attempt" by one of our defenders. We've had some really excellent chances. Elliot and Carvalho and Diaz are incredible.
jeffk
AG
Gave up a goal on a chip from Fred. Burn it all down. Lol.

And a completely new XI is on here at 30'.
jeffk
AG
And immediately Very Large Bill hands the ball to Martial who scores on the break. 3-0.
jeffk
AG
This middle group has been okay. Better defensively (minus the assist on goal 3) but also not a huge threat to score. About to see a third XI come in. - might be closer to our starting group.
jeffk
AG
jeffk
AG
After a week of training and playing 30 players, it's fine. Would have rather scored and won, but it was cool to see just about every player on the roster get some minutes.

I think this will end up being a really fun side to support. May not win a quadruple, but we'll be in the mix for multiple trophies again this season.
jeffk
AG
jeffk
AG
Hendo scores the opener.
jeffk
AG
We have defeated mighty Crystal Palace to claim the prestigious Standard Chartered Singapore Trophy.

Pretty decent looking effort. Played most of the roster again with the first/second choice XI getting more time. Jota is apparently out with a re-injured hammy and Alisson tweaked something as well. Diaz continues to impress and the new boys are coming along fine too.
jeffk
AG
Oh, and to the surprise of pretty much no one, Ox hurt himself during the game.
RossG_2
AG
Update the trophy wall!

Didn't get my name drawn in the ballot for the Oct 1st Brighton game…dang. After listening to a recent Redmen podcast, I can tell it's very difficult for even the locals to get tickets. The club keeps tweaking the way tickets and credits are handled. It's an expensive time to be an LFC fan.

Joe Gomez has a hurt hamstring as well (at least, I believe that's what I heard in the Klopp interview). Hate that for he and Ox who need this time of the season to get more game experience.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.