* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,303 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
OregonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Count me into the nervous category for Milner being out there at RB.

Either way, YNWA!

Get 'em boys!!
jeffk
AG
Sorry. Been camping. Good half, let's do a better one for the second.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Y'all are the opposite of clutch. PLEASE capitalize on a clear chance FFS!!!
Teacher_Ag
AG
Salah saw my post. Thank you.
Out in Left Field
AG
Alisson masterclass assist!
AG@RICE
AG
Darwin Nunez made that game closer than it needed to be. He wasted 3 high quality scoring chances at the end of the game due to low IQ.
jeffk
AG
Geez. What a game. Darwin Will probably get where he need to be but right now he's a lab puppy on the break. Should have been 3-0.

It's insane to me how much the refs are already protecting Haaland and co. He put a foot straight into Alisson's stomach on their called-off goal and nothing even said about it even after VAR review (maybe they never got to that as they overturned the goal for an even earlier Haaland foul). And Mo gets hauled down repeatedly and it's play on every time.

Hope Jota is okay. Nice to see Trent able to play a bit already. Hope we can keep the momentum going.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Out in Left Field said:

Alisson masterclass assist!

Same assist as he had against United a few years ago.
ChipFTAC01
AG
What a ****ing game. Great first half. Greater second half. I drank an entire beer during stoppage time.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Congrats guys.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
AustinScubaAg
AG
All the guuners fans here say congrats and thanks.
AG@RICE
AG
wangus12 said:

See. We fixed you guys
You might be on to something....

(you are welcome)
jeffk
AG
Interesting. I was wondering if they would look at Haaland's late kick into Alisson and I guess they did but it was down the line from the jersey pull. Also, if you go back and look at that collisions, Haaland puts his boot right into Ali's midsection, not the ball at all. Also also the decision to give City a goal kick just prior to that buildup was wrong too as Ederson saved Mo's shot and we should have gotten a corner. All worked out in the end, but I would have been so pissed if that goal stood.

ChipFTAC01
AG
Wait, Liverpool didn't get a corner for Eder sons fingertip save on Mo's first breakaway?
jeffk
AG
Nope
akm91
AG
Yeah, I was really confused by that. Was still a fantastic match and atmosphere.
AG@RICE
AG
jeffk said:

Interesting. I was wondering if they would look at Haaland's late kick into Alisson and I guess they did but it was down the line from the jersey pull. Also, if you go back and look at that collisions, Haaland puts his boot right into Ali's midsection, not the ball at all. Also also the decision to give City a goal kick just prior to that buildup was wrong too as Ederson saved Mo's shot and we should have gotten a corner. All worked out in the end, but I would have been so pissed if that goal stood.

The refing of that game was crap. Taylor was letting all kinds of silly stuff go. His game plan was to just let everything go and let VAR clean it up if necessary. Sounds reasonable, until you realize that you've basically turned the game into a mosh pit. He almost let that match get out of control.
AG@RICE
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Wait, Liverpool didn't get a corner for Eder sons fingertip save on Mo's first breakaway?
Ref didn't see it (did he see anything???)
jeffk
AG
This kind of stuff is a good example of why I've kind of cooled on MinB the past year or two. Just constantly playing to the worst parts of fandom at the pro and USMNT levels searching for engagement.

BenderRodriguez
AG
I quit listening to MiB when they started spending more time talking about BLM and whining about Trump than talking about the EPL a couple years ago.

About the only soccer podcasts I do anymore are a couple of FPL specific ones and Athletics Tifo Football podcast. Really like Tifo.
jeffk
AG
I do find it somewhat ironic that for folks who lean pretty left, they're typically all over City's sportswashing jock.
jeffk
AG
Well crap. Sucks even more when you remember he got hurt in the final couple of minutes of the game Sunday.

gougler08
AG
Reason 1872643 why a winter World Cup is a horrible idea. Sucks for him
jeffk
OregonAggie
Tx_Aggie15
ChipFTAC01
RossG_2
jeffk
AG
jeffk
AG
Has Jones gotten any minutes yet since returning to the active roster?
natealot
AG

Looks like we're going with a 4-4-2 again, I really hope we keep salah in the middle instead of out wide.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Don't think so
OregonAggie
AG
Not sure that's penalty but I'm admittedly very biased. Dumb challenge by Gomez no doubt.

And thank god we have Alisson for our goalie!
jeffk
AG
Jonesy back
jeffk
AG
Solid three points. Little nervy there at the end but nice to see Darwin get his first league goal at Anfield.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.