* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,285 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Oh, I'm sure our supporters will behave themselves...
jeffk
ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01
AG
Have I ever shared my wife's grandpa's story about When Celtic came To Anfield in '66 (I think)?
jeffk
AG
I don't think so?
OregonAggie
Rudyjax
AG
I couldn't wait....

ChipFTAC01
AG
I'll probably **** up the details but it made me chuckle when I was told it.

My wife's dad is from Birkenhead, across the Mersey from Liverpool. Family of reds. So spring of '66 (April 19th it looks like) Liverpool has a Cup Winner Cup semi final tie against Celtic. He takes off for Anfield. Game ends and he doesn't show back up. My wife's Nana is waiting up for him and it gets to be midnight, 1 in the morning. Obviously no cell phones to say he's going to be late. I think he finally rolls up around 2 with a couple of drunk Scots who are covered in blood.

Need to run and don't want to lose what I typed. Finish this later....
jeffk
AG
Thiago and Jota are back and starting.

ChipFTAC01
AG
Salah in the middle or am I over analyzing that?

And the random comma after Diaz is like nails in a chalkboard.
eiggA2002
AG
I'd expect Jota to be central. Played there a lot last season.
Rudyjax
AG
Damn...y'all need to win 4 nil.
jeffk
AG
I will settle for winning .4 - nil at this point.
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

I will settle for winning .4 - nil at this point.
RossG_2
AG
We really need to beat Miami today. I mean Ajax. We need to rejuvenation. And soon.
OregonAggie
AG
Is anyone else tired of TAA's defensive liabilities causing goals? Doesn't track a runner back and Ajax scores.

This is in Klopp as well but dammit this needs to change.
jeffk
AG
It's not going to change. The "yeah, that was Trent's guy" goal is routine part of the TAA experience.
Beef Cheek
AG
MATIP
OregonAggie
AG
I didn't catch the 2nd half but we looked pretty good in the 1st. Gonna be a great group to watch!
AG@RICE
AG
jeffk said:

It's not going to change. The "yeah, that was Trent's guy" goal is routine part of the TAA experience.
We can't live with Harvey Elliot being the midfielder on that side of the formation against a good team. To be fair, he has been absolutely fantastic in possession and transition. However, he isn't the right type of player to put in front of Trent. Its not really Harvey's fault. He never claimed to be a defensive minded player, but we need a diaper to cover TAA's ass for 90 minutes or he is going to **** all over us.

Tsimkas, on the other hand, was phenomenal in that game. He held up much better defensively, and his service on set pieces was exquisite. VVD should have scored at least 2 goals off his crosses today.
jeffk
AG
Hilarious. The new Chelsea owner think EPL needs an All-Star game.

jeffk
AG
Yeah, I don't disagree about needing defensive coverage on Trent's side. I just don't know who we have that we can plug in over there. Arthur?
AG@RICE
AG
jeffk said:

Yeah, I don't disagree about needing defensive coverage on Trent's side. I just don't know who we have that we can plug in over there. Arthur?
Ya, its not an easy question to answer right now. Hendo or Naby would do if healthy. Unfortunately I don't think they will find a good run of fitness for a few months. I know for certain, the answer isn't James Milner. He is a disaster. Arthur is an unknown quantity with upside, but I'm not counting on him. Two other big clubs already gave up on him in less than 40 games.

If Thiago stays healthy, we have the ability to control the game and Trent's deficiencies are manageable. We can live with Harvey in front of Trent in those situations, but in the absence of the maestro Trent becomes borderline unplayable.
Unemployed
AG
jeffk said:

It was an idea thrown out as a way to make money to help out the lower leagues. It's not like he suggested having commercial breaks after every 10 minutes.

Are you a part of the anti-American circle jerk on r/soccer?
jeffk
AG
I didn't listen to the CFC owner, just this post-game presser. And I never reddit.
AG@RICE
AG
RealTalk said:

jeffk said:

It was an idea thrown out as a way to make money to help out the lower leagues. It's not like he suggested having commercial breaks after every 10 minutes.

Are you a part of the anti-American circle jerk on r/soccer?
The people that would want an EPL all-star game are the same people who will show up to this message board in 3 months during the WC to propose rule changes.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Whew
ChipFTAC01
AG
Who's still hurt? Ox? Naby (vaginitis?)
OregonAggie
AG
Konate should be back this weekend but all the others aren't expected till October/November.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Forgot about Konate. Curtis Jones and Robertson back?
jeffk
AG
Robertson is still out according to Pearce. I haven't seen anything on Jonesy yet.
OregonAggie
AG
Jones could be back as early as this weekend as they projected him back early October. It'll be nice to have him back.
OregonAggie
AG
Robbo, Keita, Ox, Jobe's, Nunez, Diaz, and Jota we're not training today fyi.

Diaz is probably due to a flight thing, Nunez is unknown as to why, and Jota did come off from the Portugal game on Tuesday with some slight knock.

Konate, Kelleher, and Ramsey were training.
jeffk
joemeister

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.