* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,298 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
AG@RICE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't get to watch the game, but it looked like we were getting smacked around in the first half. What changed?
jeffk
AG
I think it was just energy levels. Ajax came out hot and we started off slower.
jeffk
AG
Good read, this.
jeffk
AG
If it Leeds, we can kill it.
OregonAggie
OregonAggie
AG
Side note, I want Klopp and Co to go after Troussard from Brighton. Dude is a badass.
ChipFTAC01
AG

I have no idea how to post gifs to Texags. But is that Liv v Milwall? I don't recall playing them in a cup recently.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Now I'm.more confused. Those are last year's shirts, right? We didn't play anyone last year with those initials

Thought maybe it could be Inter,but those games were 2-0 and 1-0

It was the first game against Ac milan last September. I thought the blue next to MIL was the color indicator for the team but that's just part of the graphic. Glad I solved this important mystery
Out in Left Field
AG
It looks like this team has never played together before
Unemployed
AG
This team is in shambles.
jeffk
AG
Oh, no. We suck again!

At least Marsch and Co get to be happy? Idk. Such a rollercoaster of a season. And not in a fun way. Like a this rollercoaster is probably going to kill me way.
eiggA2002
AG
That's AC Milan at Anfield in the CL Group stage last year. Hendo scored.
jeffk
AG
Konate is available for Napoli midweek, but honestly I hope we just play a bunch of depth and youth guys.
OregonAggie
jeffk
AG
Really interested to see how we approach this somewhat meaningless game.
jeffk
AG
Also, this is that weird week where all the games kickoff an hour later here in the States due to the Euro daylight savings time. Our game today is 4 pm ET.
eiggA2002
AG
jeffk said:

Konate is available for Napoli midweek, but honestly I hope we just play a bunch of depth and youth guys.
Dear Lord I hope Klopp plays all the youngsters. This game means absolutely nothing unless we win 4-0, which is not going to happen and being 2nd in the group is just fine. We need rest. Konate though needs some minutes to get fitness. Not sure who we would play centrally if Mo/Bobby/Darwin get a rest. Possibly Darwin gets max of 60 minutes. I don't really want any of them to play. Just play the reserves!!!

Carvahlo Darwin Ox

Bajetic Curtis Hendo

Tsimikas Nat Konate Milner

Kelleher

ChipFTAC01
OregonAggie
AG
I may be wrong but I think Ox was left off the champions league roster for the group stages due to injury.
ChipFTAC01
AG
OregonAggie said:

I may be wrong but I think Ox was left off the champions league roster for the group stages due to injury.

Pretty sure you're correct.
ChipFTAC01
AG
What's going on with Naby? I honestly forgot he was in the team.
jeffk
AG
Last I heard he was back in full training but not ready for game action.
eiggA2002
AG
Forgot about Ox being left off the list. Naby is also not on the CL roster.
jeffk
AG
OregonAggie
AG
Glad to see Jones getting a start. Hopefully he can get in good form.
OregonAggie
AG
Back to ANGER
jeffk
AG
Kind of a silly win but it's nice to see anyway. On to the Spurs!
jeffk
AG
So with league and group restrictions, the teams we could face in the next round are: Porto, Bayern, Real, or PSG. Did I figure that out right?

I guess a couple of those depend on results tomorrow.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I think ive solved the mystery of how we can beat great European teams midweek and lose to relegation teams on the weekend.

My socks.

This summer my wife bought me a three pack of different navy and red striped LFC socks. I proudly wore a pair to work kn the day of the first Napoli game. For obvious reasons I haven't worn them since. Wore a different pair the next week and we won. Kept it up and those socks are 5-0.

No socks on the weekend, hence Forest and Leeds.
AG@RICE
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I think ive solved the mystery of how we can beat great European teams midweek and lose to relegation teams on the weekend.

My socks.

This summer my wife bought me a three pack of different navy and red striped LFC socks. I proudly wore a pair to work kn the day of the first Napoli game. For obvious reasons I haven't worn them since. Wore a different pair the next week and we won. Kept it up and those socks are 5-0.

No socks on the weekend, hence Forest and Leeds.
Superstition: Its only crazy if it doesn't work.
AG@RICE
AG
Ramsay got a few minutes in the game today. I really like what I saw from him. Hopefully he can push TAA for minutes soon.

Son got into a nasty collision today and might not be available for the Spurs this weekend. I really do love that guy and I hate to see him injured, but I'd be happy to see him in the stands this weekend.
joemeister
AG
I think it boils down to two things, concentration in defense and the attack not making the most of their chances. Games in the Champion's League or against other top 4 challengers are easy to get up for and keep your concentration levels. Teams like Leeds aren't being blown away by the press and attack in the first 20 minutes like they used to be, which then means lapses in concentration at the back get punished more heavily. The only solution is a mindset change. Hopefully the World Cup break will help bring the team together for the second half of the season and they can make a run at the Arsene Wenger Memorial 4th Place Trophy.
jeffk
AG
I saw someone mention yesterday that while winning the CL in the same season we get relegated isn't quite a quadruple, it would still be historic.
jeffk
AG
I really want a Klopp hug.

jeffk
AG
jeffk said:

So with league and group restrictions, the teams we could face in the next round are: Porto, Bayern, Real, or Benefica.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.