* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,258 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Do we think there would be any interest in a general EPL thread for league news, **** talking, news on teams without their threads?

There's a great article on the athletic right now about how they make the league schedule.
joemeister
AG
I would prefer that to engaging in the individual team threads. Some of the threads are more active than others and it would be fun being able to have general discussions about other results, news, etc. for teams that don't have individual threads.
Danny Phantom
Medicals cleared, papers signed, announcement coming this afternoon
Danny Phantom
jeffk
AG
Announcement took so long because of all the aerial shots they wanted included in the video.
ChipFTAC01
AG

I wonder who will get 10 when Sadio leaves.
jeffk
AG
I will.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Downtown Liverpool for the parade.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeK7xe_jmY-/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
deadbq03
AG
Y'all are coming to Leipzig for a friendly on July 21!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10926857/Liverpool-face-RB-Leipzig-RC-Strasbourg-Alsace-pre-season-friendlies-month.html

If it's like last year, Leipzig home friendlies will be streamed for free on YouTube.
OregonAggie
AG
deadbq03 said:

Y'all are coming to Leipzig for a friendly on July 21!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10926857/Liverpool-face-RB-Leipzig-RC-Strasbourg-Alsace-pre-season-friendlies-month.html

If it's like last year, Leipzig home friendlies will be streamed for free on YouTube.
. Looking forward to this one and also some friendly smack talk/discussion during the game!
Spaceball 1
AG
I'm sad to see Mane go. All time Liverpool great
jeffk
AG
Same. But I'm thankful we got him and Salah and Bobby together for as long as we did.
RossG_2
AG
Mane in the 18-19 season will always stand out to me. Plenty of memorable goals including one in the CL final. His documentary is on Paramount+ "Sadie Mane - Made in Senegal". It's worth a watch if any of you haven't seen it.

Hate seeing him leave but the "how do we get younger?" question needed some answering.
jeffk
AG
Taki moving out too. I like him for what he is - a great depth guy. Was really key to a couple of our tourney runs over the past couple seasons.

OregonAggie
AG
Good move for him, especially ahead of the World Cup. He's gonna play there.

I think we could have used him more but the. Again I damn well trust Klopp and it's hard to argue with the results of this season. Wish the guy luck.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Sad watching all this incredible depth go. Good piece of business.
OregonAggie
AG
It sucks to see some of these guys leave but that's the business. We can't afford to have older players on high salaries so it is what it is. I think we might see Thiago on the move next summer due to his age (31) and he'll have 1 year left on his contract. Curious what they do with Hendo as well. He's 32 and under contract till 2025.

Hopefully Elliott and Curtis Jones develop over the next year. Carvalho too. We can get a good 4 more years from Fabinho but the other 2 spots need some refreshing.
AG@RICE
AG
Without Taki we don't win either of the two cups we won last year. Going to miss him.
Ag-in-a-Box
AG
Just watched the LFC Hendo documentary and it was great offseason filler. Some good soundbytes, good stories.

At some point there was a photo from a past match that had Mane in the background. About that time tonight's half bottle of wine kicked in and I became a little wistful that he was gone. Started tripping about other changes and then settled on the fact that the front office has consistently gotten it right in regards to transfers.

Started paying attention to the video again and I realized neither Mane nor Salah had appeared on camera. No Milner, no Robbo. Perhaps they'd known Mane was out the door, but the others will aren't going anywhere just yet.

Any idea how they get the interviews they do for these features? Looks like this one was done by Nike...is it as simple as some players have contracts with other brands and can't do a Nike thing? Or they just got soundbytes from whomever was around those days they were filming in some random offdays?
eiggA2002
AG
Probably image rights. The club owns most of the players image rights, but they don't own Salah's image rights and a couple of others. It's why Salah is not in many club videos, photos, kit releases, merch, etc.

If its a Nike produced doc, I assume it's because of sponsorship issues.
OregonAggie
AG
I wonder if the Gnabry and/or Asensio rumors are true.

I'd love to have Asensio on the squad but rumor is that he'd rather play in Italy. I've never been the biggest fan of Gnabry.

I feel pretty good about our squad going into this season. The loss of Mane sucks but the forward line of Diaz/Jota/Salah/Nunez/Firmino/Carvalho is pretty dang good IMO. Asensio would put it over the top.
joemeister
AG
There has been a lot of smoke recently about Jude Bellingham. I could see a sign/loan back deal to ensure he doesn't end up in Madrid or Manchester.
YNWA.2013
So far this summer we have had:

Arsenal INCOMINGS
- Fabio Vieira
- Matt Turner (he's dumb for going there as he won't play. Could be in for the No. 1 on USMNT at WC. But not sure how much say he actually had)
- Gabriel Jesus

Aston Villa INCOMINGS
- Diego Carlos
- Boubacar Kamara
- Coutinho

Chelsea INCOMINGS
- Raheem Sterling
Chelsea OUTGOINGS
- Antonio Rudiger
- Andreas Christensen
- Romelu Lukaku

Liverpool INCOMINGS
- Darwin Nunez
- Fabio Carvalho
- Calvin Ramsey
Liverpool OUTGOINGS
- Divock Origi
- Sadio Mane
-Taki Minamino

Man City INCOMINGS
- Erling Haaland
- Kalvin Phillips
- Marc Cucurella
Man City OUTGOINGS
- Fernandinho
- Raheem Sterling
- Gabriel Jesus

Man Utd INCOMINGS
- None (haha) (Looks like De Jong might be going against his desires)
Man Utd OUTGOINGS
- Paul Pogba
- Juan Mata
- Jesse Lingard
- Nemanja Matic
- Edinson Cavani
(All for free)

Tottenham INCOMINGS
- Ivan Perisic
- Fraser Forster
- Yves Bissouma

Others of interest:
Forest is signing Taiwo Awoniyi (used to be a Liverpool player that was expected to be a stud but we apparently could never figure out his work permit situation) and Dean Henderson (who was stupid to sign a long term contract at Man Utd after his good spell with Sheffield United. Would probably be in the England WC squad if he wasn't warming the bench at Old Trafford)

Anyone of note (related to PL) that I've missed?
-FTA c/o 2013
YNWA.2013
Man City got better and younger.

I really hope Jude Bellingham becomes a Red. Like someone previously mentioned, doing what we did for Keita and loaning him back to the season may be the way to go. Our incomings have cost us 5m, 65m, and 4m while our sales have brought in 27.5m for Mane and 13m for Taki [up fronts] for a net spend of -33m. I imagine the planned transfer budget was greater than this. So we should spend it on Jude as we may be priced out next summer
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
AG
You catch a ban or something?
akm91
AG
Quote:

- Matt Turner (he's dumb for going there as he won't play. Could be in for the No. 1 on USMNT at WC. But not sure how much say he actually had)
He wasn't going to be GK1 for USMNT by staying in MLS; WCQ proved that. This way not only does he put himself in contention because he's training at a level similar to Steffen and makes more money along the way.
joemeister
AG
Didn't Steffen just accept a loan to Middlesbrough?
akm91
AG
joemeister said:

Didn't Steffen just accept a loan to Middlesbrough?
It's close to being done but when Turner accepted the transfer, Steffen was still #2 @ ManCity and that would have put the two on equal footing.
jeffk
AG
I'LL WORRY ABOUT HOW MUCH IT COST LATER RIGHT NOW I'M JUST HAPPY.

YNWA_AG
AG
Let's go
ChipFTAC01
AG
Hallelujah
joemeister
AG
3-year deal. I assume they decided to pay more for few guaranteed years. Great news all around.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Late to this years thread but todays news made me come find it.
carl spacklers hat
ChipFTAC01 said:

Hallelujah Inshallah
FIFY
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.