* Liverpool 2022-2023 Thread *

64,286 Views | 1285 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RossG_2
Unemployed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jeffk said:

Hendo scores the opener.
He doesn't score many but when he does, it's usually a banger.
Ag-in-a-Box
AG
RealTalk said:

jeffk said:

Hendo scores the opener.
He doesn't score many but when he does, it's usually a banger.

He is good at mashing a banger.
jeffk
AG
akm91
AG
Nunez with a 2nd half hat trick so far.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
jeffk
AG
Looked pretty sharp. A little sloppy in possession maybe but this team is a lot of fun.
AG@RICE
AG
Nunez with 4...he looks the part. Mo seems to like him too.
AG@RICE
AG
Stefan bajcetic played really well yesterday. He is 17 years old and was our last international youth signing before Brexit closed that channel. He originally played as a defender for Spain u18. Looks like we are playing him as a fabinho. He had a great counter press that produced one of Darwin's goals. He looks like an excellent prospect.
jeffk
AG
So, if you've been watching pre-season, which teams do you think has improved from last season?

Arsenal looks better so far. United maybe a little bit better too, but it's hard to put much stock in them as they've fooled me into thinking they were taking steps forward recently before. City looks dangerous; Haaland is going to be a pain, hard to tell if they're better or just different with the new players they've brought in, I think they'll still be really good.

Somehow Chelsea and Everton look worse so far.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Isnt chelsea trying out a new defensive scheme? Teams always look like crap while learning a new system.

Preseason is always deceptive. Ive made some bad fpl picks based on preseason showing in the past
jeffk
AG
No, I totally get what preseason is or isn't. There's just nothing else to talk about at the moment.

And Chelsea is tweaking their defense, but that's not why they look as bad as they do currently in my viewing.
jeffk
AG
Supposedly Juve is interested in buying Bobby. Numbers around 23 mil. He's in the last year of his contract and I'm torn on it.
akm91
AG
Think you'll need to get another forward if you sell Bobby. Not sure there is a younger forward available in the market. Maybe get Jonathan David from Lille? His value is around $50M but he's only 22/23 so it may be a pretty worthwhile investment.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, forward is really the only area that we don't have youth reserve depth. Bobby is pretty unique too - there really aren't a lot of guys out there who can create from the false nine like he can. And I really don't know what he wants after this year; is he looking for minutes or another challenge or does he want to take a pay cut and end his career at LFC? He seems happy, but that's probably a lot due to his bright personality.
ChipFTAC01
AG
jeffk said:

Yeah, forward is really the only area that we don't have youth reserve depth. Bobby is pretty unique too - there really aren't a lot of guys out there who can create from the false nine like he can. And I really don't know what he wants after this year; is he looking for minutes or another challenge or does he want to take a pay cut and end his career at LFC? He seems happy, but that's probably a lot due to his bright personality.

Those are his teeth.

I'd hate to see him leave and I think we'll need something else if he does, but 23MM seems like a lot for him.
AG@RICE
AG
NEVER SELL BOBBY!

Tell the old lady to stuff it.
jeffk
AG
Pun always intended.
jeffk
AG
An interesting impact if we do sell him is that we'd get to see him mentor and coach up Weston.
akm91
AG
jeffk said:

An interesting impact if we do sell him is that we'd get to see him mentor and coach up Weston.
Isn't that what Pogba is suppose to be doing?
joemeister
AG
Sell him and put the money toward a sign & loan deal for Jude Bellingham.
jeffk
AG
akm91 said:

jeffk said:

Isn't that what Pogba is suppose to be doing?

Streaming soon:

All or Nothing: Weston's Two New Dads
jeffk
AG
jeffk
AG
Pretty tame showing. Had some chances but failed to convert them. No injuries as far as I saw.
jeffk
AG
So we play City tomorrow in the Community Shield match. It'll be the first somewhat meaningful match of the season and the first time we've seen our new signings (and City's) really go after something together. I think we're down our first two GK choices and Jota still isn't fit, so that's the bad news. Good news is we have all our midfielders and a good half-dozen attacking players ready to go, so it should be an exciting event.

Game kicks at noon ET and is on ESPN+ as best as I can figure.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Sounds like Ox is out for a while with a Hanny.

I hope tomorrow is a good game and both sides put a solid shift in.
RossG_2
ChipFTAC01
jeffk
AG@RICE
ChipFTAC01
AG
Mo looks huuuungry
ChipFTAC01
AG
Trent!
jeffk
AG
Great opening 20 minutes, but we let them back into the game there in the last 25. Mo should have had a goal, but Haaland probably should have too.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Ian Darke looks to have transformed into Ned Beatty.
YNWA.2013
New kit = pretty awesome
New number style = awful
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
AG
I like last year's better.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
any channel?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.