Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

525,089 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
nashvilleaggie11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did Soho even open before deciding to close??
redd38
AG
quote:
Did Soho even open before deciding to close??

Yeah, I had a shot there once.
texasaggie04
AG
quote:
Sign up at space on Church St. where Burger Boy, Daily Ruckus, Soho, etc. was saying "Coming soon: Rough Branch whiskey bar."

I believe you mean rough draught. Looks like a nice place. They are going to open the sides up to make a patio type atmosphere facing church street. Inside will be an L-shaped bar with thirty beers on tap.
texasaggie04
AG
Also forgot to mention that it is the larger space next to where burger boy was. What was most recently maroon bikes.
Rexter
Spoons on Tx Ave closes Oct 31 or earlier.
Stores have been sold, with sale finalizing next Wednesday. Group from Waco is buying them.
halibut sinclair
I saw the other day that The Oaks Food Mart on 29th has closed. That place had been there for decades.
FlyRod
Yep. And his Royal Majesty posted a review of its closing on Yelp. For reals.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Does Yelp! now reward it's "elite" reviewers with a LTR (Last to Review)?
carpe vinum
AG
Oaks sold a year or so ago. The guy that ran it the past several years is at the store at villa Maria and carter creek.
PS3D
quote:
I believe you mean rough draught. Looks like a nice place. They are going to open the sides up to make a patio type atmosphere facing church street. Inside will be an L-shaped bar with thirty beers on tap.

Oh, so they're knocking out the wall between the old Burger Boy/Daily Ruckus/Soho and the former Apartment Finders/MacResource Center/MaroonBikes? Cool.

quote:
Spoons on Tx Ave closes Oct 31 or earlier. Stores have been sold, with sale finalizing next Wednesday. Group from Waco is buying them.

Wait, what? So does that mean that the other Spoons stay open? Why is that one closing? I thought they did a good business...
Aggie_3
Why is that spoons location closing?!
texasaggie04
AG
quote:
Oh, so they're knocking out the wall between the old Burger Boy/Daily Ruckus/Soho and the former Apartment Finders/MacResource Center/MaroonBikes? Cool.

No, I believe the sake bar still owns that restaurant area. Rough draught, who is owned by Duddley's, might partner to use their kitchen though. But it will be two separate places. It isn't going to be a huge bar but it might feel a bit larger when they open up the walls to the outside.
nashvilleaggie11
I went to the Bryan spoons last night to try and get some info on the "closing." They claimed they had just had an emergency manager's meeting yesterday afternoon and were told that the franchise owner is selling these Spoons to a franchise owner from Huntsville. It will still be Spoons and they MIGHT close for a week to reorganize but they probably won't close at all during the franchise ownership transition.

So... don't panic.
OnlyANobody
The flashy - lightie red sign in front of Stripes says that Laredo Taco is now open.
BlueMiles
AG
SIAP, Torchy's is now hiring
techno-ag
AG
The old Country RV place on 6 between BCS & Hearne has reopened under a new name.
PS3D
Updated with some new stuff.

On Soho--so is it closed? Is it going to be a part of Rough Draught?

There's also a place on 2818 (next to the new site of C-Ment, near Quality Used Furniture) called "Tea Leaves Boutique", left it out because it's been open for several months now.
tvoiles
Aggieland car wash sign up to new rattlers being built next to forest ridge elementary. Says coming soon.
waterchick
quote:
I went to the Bryan spoons last night to try and get some info on the "closing." They claimed they had just had an emergency manager's meeting yesterday afternoon and were told that the franchise owner is selling these Spoons to a franchise owner from Huntsville. It will still be Spoons and they MIGHT close for a week to reorganize but they probably won't close at all during the franchise ownership transition.

So... don't panic.
Trying not to panic, but I get quite a bit of leverage out of promising Spoons as a reward for the baby egret!

(I can't imagine that place closing for lack of business. I've seen lines out the door in February. I've never been the only in any of the 3 locations any time I've gone there.)
texasaggie04
AG
quote:
On Soho--so is it closed? Is it going to be a part of Rough Draught?

I'm not sure if it's closed. But it will not be part of Rough Draught.
Expert Analysis
AG
Anyone know what is going in across from Walgreen's at boonville and Austin's colony parkway?
dgonzo99
I think that is a St. Joseph Hospital clinic.
dgonzo99
Two hotels are going to built in Bryan. One will be on Hwy. 21. The other will be located close to the Quality Inn on the East Bypass.
FlyRod
Fake review of Torchy's Tacos has been posted on Yelp by Greg D. They open October 16 FWIW.
PS3D
Flag 'em!
MiMi
S
quote:
Flag 'em!
Done!
FlyRod
It appears the trend in reviewing places that aren't open yet has spread beyond Greg D:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/casa-pachita-college-station

This appears to be a soon to open Mexican restaurant of sorts...but those of you on Yelp may wish to flag this review as well.
LastHamlet
AG
quote:
It appears the trend in reviewing places that aren't open yet has spread beyond Greg D:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/casa-pachita-college-station

This appears to be a soon to open Mexican restaurant of sorts...but those of you on Yelp may wish to flag this review as well.
Flag it for what? It's not really a review it's just talking about what it's going to be.
CWIsom
Panda Express foundation and walls going up a Rudders Landing
K2T2
quote:
Flag it for what? It's not really a review it's just talking about what it's going to be.

Flag it for not being a review of a customer experience. Everything on Yelp is a review, and this is reviewing a conversation between the manager and a dude, not an experience in a restaurant. If Greg D posts reviews of businesses before they're open and before he's even eaten their food, and they stay up, other people like this guy are going to do the same, thinking it's ok.
LastHamlet
AG
quote:
quote:

Flag it for not being a review of a customer experience. Everything on Yelp is a review, and this is reviewing a conversation between the manager and a dude, not an experience in a restaurant. If Greg D posts reviews of businesses before they're open and before he's even eaten their food, and they stay up, other people like this guy are going to do the same, thinking it's ok.
Thanks for the clarification.
Jennico
Kolache Rolf's - third location at Kroger shopping center, Bryan

I thought he already had three locations......
1. Kroger at Rock Prairie
2. Exxons next to Cheddars
3. Next to Copy Corner on Texas

Have any of these closed???
ChampsAg
Black Sheep Pizza is now Grandads Pizza

Did they always charge for ranch if you order rolls?
MiMi
S
Just received this message:

quote:
Hi there,

We're writing to let you know that we've evaluated Greg D's review of Torchy's
Tacos
that you recently flagged. After assessing the review carefully against
our Content Guidelines, we agree that this review should be removed.

We rely on community engagement to help keep Yelp useful. Thanks so much for
taking the time to bring this matter to our attention!

-The Yelp Support Team

carpe vinum
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.