Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

522,123 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dp

[This message has been edited by Fonzie Scheme (edited 4/11/2014 8:25p).]
AggiePhil
AG
Harvey Mitchell is considered to be the father of Brazos County.
The Original AG 76
AG
Libby's closing!!! Ate a lot of Thanksgiving meals there before the game. Always had a great t-Day special. Always will be another Southwest Conference memory.
spike427
AG
I got an email from Coldwater Creek saying they are closing all stores and liquidating. It will probably happen sometime this summer, so the store here will be closing.
aggiepm
AG
I've heard a rumor that a whole foods is very early in the stages for University and Texas. Yes, I know that this is a topic that has been exhausted before, but I really think that this is a decent lead. I have a friend whose dad works for Dinerstein Companies and he said that they are in some way involved in the project.
Rex Racer
AG
Harvey Mitchell is also the reason Texas A&M is located here in Brazos County. It was almost located near Bellville in Austin County, according to Aggies: The True Story of Texas A&M. John Bell wanted it located in Bellville, and he and Harvey Mitchell supposedly played one hand of poker. Mitchell won, and the rest is history.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
John Bell wanted it located in Bellville, and he and Harvey Mitchell supposedly played one hand of poker. Mitchell won, and the rest is history.

If true, this is outstanding.
dgonzo99
Work has started on the new Candlewood Suites in Bryan next to the new Hilton on University Drive.
FlyRod
New coffee house "Harvest" in downtown Bryan at Main and 26th. And it's awesome.
dgonzo99
bcstx06
There is a sign up at the retail center that Luby's is in that says something like a retail center is coming soon. I hope its urban and complements the development going up down the street at University and Texas. I guess this means the entire center will be torn down, not just the Luby's???
Tailgate88
AG
^^^ or the Luby's will be torn down and replaced with a building with room for a couple different tenants, say for example a popular local restaurant's new location and one or two others?
Turtle88
AG
Salt grass sign put up!
Chick-fil-A Aggieland
I am the owner / operator of the 2 Chick-fil-A locations in College Station.

It is true that the parent company is searching for a location that is the near the intersection where the new Wal-Mart is going to be in West Bryan. (2818/Villa Maria)

This means that the real estate group of Chick-fil-A INC is actively looking into this location area as a "potential trade area" for Chick-fil-A to do business in or near.

From what I have heard it will be anywhere from 2-5 years. This is not a guarantee, but just potential that has some likelihood pending all real estate offers and transactions go favorably in Chick-fil-A's favor.

Jerald Huggins '97
Chick-fil-A at Aggieland
Chick-fil-A at South College Station

dgonzo99
The retail center sign over by Luby's is at the old location of Fajita Rita's and the vacant building that was once a real estate company. Seems to be an add on to the center that is already there. It is going to be 5,000 square feet.

[This message has been edited by dgonzo99 (edited 4/14/2014 6:54p).]
carpe vinum
AG
About right for cafe eccell.
FlyRod
About right for any number of restaurants...perhaps even something new.
halibut sinclair
Finding X
Mathnasium in College Station is Now Open!

In the Caprock Crossing Center on Hwy 40
carpe vinum
AG
Cool, which lot will the Rattler's occupy? Any others recently sign up that you know about?
PS3D
Mathnasium moved to recently opened
Luby's added to recently closed
Aerofit added to Coming Soon
Scotch
AG
When was Luby's last day?
I wanted their mac&cheese and buttermilk pie one last time.
PS3D
Luby's may be open still. I read that yesterday was their last day but can't confirm that for myself.
techno-ag
AG
Somebody drive over there & check!
bushytailed
AG
Luby's is closed. The sign isn't there and the marquee says "closed".
techno-ag
AG
bushytailed.
FlyRod
Bright- eyed.
TLIAC
AG
Butch's Production Paint and Body or whatever the name was changed to after it was MACCO is in the process of closing or is closed by now. I went by on Monday to drop off two chairs to be painted and Butch and his wife told me they weren't accepting any new items to be painted. Butch is retiring. I wish him (them) well. They've worked hard for a long time and now they get to enjoy their retirement.
dgonzo99
I have heard that yet another Dollar Store is coming to BCS. It will be located across the street from Carney's Pub.
Tailgate88
AG
Rattlers is between Forest Ridge and the corner on GPR where the lonely cow used to live, and site work has begun. RIP a bunch of trees.
AggieAces06
AG
I saw the sign for the Saltgrass while driving down hwy 6 last night!
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
RIP a bunch of trees

Yeah ... I knew it was coming, but it was still sad to see.
agfan92
AG
Some of the larger oaks are marked and have not been removed. Not sure if they are staying or being saved for someone to remove for old-growth lumber.
agfan92
AG
DP

[This message has been edited by agfan92 (edited 4/17/2014 11:22a).]
nanaof4
When is new Mcdonalds on Hwy 6 and Briarcrest scheduled to open? My grandkds are dying to know!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.