Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

522,003 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Walmart is the largest business there and sees a steady flow of customers so my guess is a percentage of them will come by. Lowes as well.
bcstx06
That center that Flip and Peel is going into near Walmart I don't think has ever been successful. Over the years I have seen many businesses come and go from there.
Thisguy1
quote:
An office complex is going up there.

A guy that works at the Valero across the street also works for someone who has to do with that land. He was the one who said a Stripes is going there. He said counting the one on Briarcrest, there will be 6 here that will be built.
dgonzo99
The GIS map on the City of Bryan website has the land being Tiffany Park Business Center as of April of this year. Maybe Stripes is going in next to it.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Inspirations in the mall is closing. They are having an amazing sale, though I'm not sure when the last day is.
dgonzo99
What a shame. They have been open for many years.
AggiePhil
AG
Wow that's surprising. Inspirations was always the go-to place for t-shirts as a student. I wonder where the kids go now.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Isn't Inspirations owned by AO? I'm sure AO is doing just fine.
carpe vinum
AG
The mall is a dead concept. Any shop without direct external access should have been thinking about a new business plan years ago.
dgonzo99
BackwardsInBoots
AG
quote:
Isn't Inspirations owned by AO? I'm sure AO is doing just fine.

They are. But the salesgirl compared them to an AO outlet store. They only have the one location.
TimsParents
S
Heard today that S&W bought the Med.

Gig'Em & God Bless
wellboriginal
WAT
FlyRod
I'm so glad I left S&W whenever I hear something like this.
PS3D
I don't believe it. No way. Anyway, a sign for
"Daily Bread" is up at the former Primo Pizza.
techno-ag
AG
I wonder what Scott&White will use the Med's building for. They've already got a nice new hospital on the bypass.
TsunamiVox
I believe they have several locations on the bypass. Don't they have a clinic right next door to IHOP?
TLIAC
AG
Why would S&W buy the Med? They have a brand new hospital right across the street?

Edit: I guess I could have just said Ditto Techno

[This message has been edited by TLIAC (edited 7/7/2014 9:17p).]
AgResearch
AG
quote:
Heard today that S&W bought the Med.

Heard that many times before S&W built their hospital and it never happened. Highly doubt they would sink money on a second facility just across the road.
halibut sinclair
quote:
I wonder what Scott&White will use the Med's building for. They've already got a nice new hospital on the bypass.

The new S&W hospital is not on the bypass.
FlyRod
TimsParents
S
Word is the Med will be used for Oncology.

Gig'Em & God Bless
farmer2010
AG
quote:
I don't believe it. No way. Anyway, a sign for
"Daily Bread" is up at the former Primo Pizza.

Is this the same as the bakery formerly on North Ave in Bryan? I always meant to try it, but they closed before I had a chance.
Pirate04
AG
Any of these new projects requiring additional subcontractors or construction services?
MAlovedphotography
we have an oncology dept here, why would we need to buy out the med for that? something worth looking into. ill have to go to my go to guy for this. he was the one who told me about the 1600 being bought by papas 6 months before it was made public
Turtle88
AG
Not much progress on the Pappas restaurant. Anybody know what is taking so long?
halibut sinclair
Lots of stuff to do.
95_Aggie
AG
The remaining S&W depts haven't moved out yet. They are waiting for renovations to move across the street.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
we have an oncology dept here, why would we need to buy out the med for that? something worth looking into.

Well, for one thing it eliminates one of the competing hospitals in town.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Stopped by Inspirations today. Their gear is an even more gaudy and cheesy than AOs. Cannot imagine what would possess someone to buy some of that gear. "I have a Texas A&M shirt cause I went to A&M..you have a TU shirt cause you went to Wal Mart!" Hilarious.
Aggie_3
quote:
Here are renderings of the Century Square Mixed-Use Development located at the University and College Ave. Its nice, but why have all of the parking in front of the building? Why not make it more pedestrian friendly?
I don't know if you guys have seen them yet so I will go ahead and post them:

PDF Link [url]midwaycompanies.com/img/leasing/leasing-packages/140508_Century_Square_Retail_reduced.pdf [/url]
BackwardsInBoots
AG
I got some good stuff at the Inspirations sale - you just have to sort through the weird things. Found a block T ballcap, a pullover sweater, a maroon and white plaid pearl snap, and a scarf. But there were also some weird pleather things.
halibut sinclair
Imperial Chinese and Sushi is open today.
carpe vinum
AG
How's the second floor bar?
FlyRod
Was Greg D there with an entourage?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.