Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

521,986 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
AggieAces06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've gotten some great deals at Inspirations the last two days. If you walk past the tenny bopper multicolor shirts you can find some good polos and gift items. I went back today to get some more gift stuff and they were pulling new merchandise from the back store room to put out. Grabbed some more good shirts as they went on the rack. (Normally $60 down to $12.50)
BCS AG 2012
MsC2012
AG
Inspirations is just rebranding as something else. AO will still be running it.

I think it's going to be a true outlet for AO.
cozart
AG
quote:
Imperial Chinese and Sushi is open today.

we went tonight. best orange chicken in town and it's not even close.
nashvilleaggie11
I'm afraid Imperial Japanese and Chinese will be out of business in no time. Went today and I was not impressed. The orange chicken entree was huge... as in past the point of good value, to the point of excessive waste (could have fed 4 people easily.) The sushi roll had 5 tiny and mangled pieces (and we were told up front it would take 30 minutes for any sushi ordered.) All the employees were super nice and friendly, but the food was just not there. Too bad.
TsunamiVox
http://www.yelp.com/biz/imperial-chinese-and-sushi-bryan-2?hrid=jCC23qN_n4tap5EuQ_LvSQ

Wow it sounds like Imperial Sushi is the place to go. This review makes it sound like the Mother Ship of restaurants has descended on BCS. Anyone else have such a life-changing experience there?
Turtle88
AG
Did you read his review from before they opened? Ha ha, who is this guy, "in the Building built for Tony Roma's , I believe a Florida chain that bit the dust fast when they discovered that BCS already has an abundance of fake Italian food" . What? Italian? Yea we are not believing this review.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I knew who it would be before I clicked the link. The king maker!
nashvilleaggie11
Greg D. and I must not have been eating at the same restaurant yesterday... I could not disagree more with his glowing review.
Tailgate88
AG
Game Time Pizza & More is open in Wellborn, next to the Chevron station. Currently BYOB until they get their liquor license.
FlyRod
Fonzie were you the one that aroused his anger on the General Board?
Scooley01
AG
What is his deal?
rmarshall2014
AG
Ate at Imperial Chinese last night. Was not pleased, the food was decent, but we waited forever (wasn't crowded) and the wait staff had no idea what they were doing. my friend ordered a drink from the bar and the waitress came back and said "we are too busy to make cocktails right now"
techno-ag
AG
Always good to wait a while & let a new place work the kinks out before going.
FlyRod
Some never do. And sadly some are great when they open and then decline.
OnlyANobody
There are banners in front of the former Camelot Learning Center stating that "Family Faith Learning Center" will be opening soon.
carpe vinum
AG
I wonder if that is th3 reorganized Parkway group.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
Fonzie were you the one that aroused his anger on the General Board?

What. Ever. Do. You. Mean?
isitjustme
AG
We gave Imperial 2 days to work out their service kinks and went for lunch today. Clearly, we were overly optimistic in their ability to work out those kinks.

4 of us - our orders went in fairly efficiently. 8-10 minutes later, 2 of us received our food - which according to them was quite tasty. Nearly 20 minutes later, the other 2 of us had still not received ours. We asked for check for the 2 orders received. As they were figuring that out, they brought out one of the other orders, we said no, and they offered to pack it to go for us at no charge. That food has since been eaten and was also quite tasty. So they fixed their service mistakes best the could - good job on that.

The 4th entree, sushi, never made an appearance due to the fact that they only have 1 sushi chef (their excuse). Why short staff yourself during your opening week on a part of your menu that you boldly advertise? Oh well.

We'll go back in about a month because the food did taste good. In the mean time, I invite all of you to visit there so that they can have a lot of practice in working out their service kinks.
FlyRod
Just checked Yelp, and the negative reviews are really piling up fast. The only glowing one is the one by Greg D. It sounds like they are having some real issues. I wish them the best.
techno-ag
AG
They're doomed!
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Tony Roma's will become the next location of death.
FlyRod
Nah. It's close to the bypass. Nothing ever fails there.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
The orange chicken entree was huge... as in past the point of good value, to the point of excessive waste (could have fed 4 people easily.)

Goose83
AG
quote:
The orange chicken entree was huge... as in past the point of good value, to the point of excessive waste (could have fed 4 people easily.)

People need to quit complaining about restaurants giving you too much food. Keep it up, and the next thing you know they'll cut the servings in half and charge you twice as much for it.

[This message has been edited by JFS61 (edited 7/12/2014 9:36a).]
Scruffy
AG
quote:
quote:

People need to quit complaining about restaurants giving you too much food. Keep it up, and the next thing you know they'll cut the servings in half and charge you twice as much for it.

[This message has been edited by JFS61 (edited 7/12/2014 9:36a).]

This!!!!!
I like having leftovers.
One doesn't have to eat all in one sitting.
Mr. Griswold
Prolific Yelp Reviewer does not equal Credible Yelp Reviewer.

Just sayin'..

[This message has been edited by Mr. Griswold (edited 7/12/2014 10:09a).]
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
Prolific Yelp Reviewer does not equal Credible Yelp Reviewer.

Just sayin'..

[This message has been edited by Mr. Griswold (edited 7/12/2014 10:09a).]

Careful, Clark. He takes his Yelping very seriously.
FlyRod
Did you question his Yelping, Fonzie? How did he respond?

[This message has been edited by FlyRod (edited 7/12/2014 10:51a).]
PS3D
Aggieland Printing has a sign up that in October, 2500 square feet of leasing opens up, with the sign says "Enquire within". I'm not sure if they're moving, sub-leasing, or closing.
PS3D
So apparently Carl's Jr. is still building stores in Houston (at least opened in the last 18 months with another coming), is it possible that they will come to the area as promised some five years ago?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
What is going in on Decatur just before you get to Alexandria? If you're coming from HEB, it's on the left before you turn left on Alexandria, directly behind the houses?
MisterShipWreck
I asked about that on Alexandria about 2 months ago. Someone claimed a mini storage. But with all that cement and stuff, it sure isn't very big, if that is what it is.
fanof3.88
Anyone been to the new Pepper's mexican restaurant? It is where the old Polly's Cocina mexican restaurant was on 21. Wonder if it is new owners or rebranded?
OnlyANobody
Here's my best fast and dirty investigative report: The new brand, Pepper's Cocina is David Ramirez. And will be operating on a lunchtime buffet format.

Polly's Cocina was Polly Martinez. It looks like that location may have been foreclosed on in September of '13 by First Victoria Bank.
http://www.facebook.com/pepperscocinabcs/timeline

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.