Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

521,980 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BackwardsInBoots
AG
quote:
The space across the street from Blue Baker on Dominik is undergoing renovation...lots of activity going on inside. I think it was almost a restaurant called Katsuya or something similar.

[This message has been edited by FlyRod (edited 6/17/2014 3:35p).]

It was very briefly katsuya and the food was amazing. Easily the most authentic Japanese in town. But IIRC they had a kitchen fire and couldn't afford to reopen. Plus, the times I went there they were never busy - it was probably too big a space for a first time restraunt owner and concept.
Ag2Max
AG
So glad to hear that Maddens is not closing....it is always one of our "it" places to hit when we are in town. Also can't wait to try the new Mad Taco when it opens. Love supporting the local businesses!! Peter hope you continue to have great success with Madden's and look forward to trying your new place. There has to be many people thrilled to hear the news about Madden's remaining open. Thanks for the update......
agfan92
AG
quote:
There has to be many people thrilled to hear the news about Madden's remaining open.

Count me as one. This is one of my favorite places in town!

Best wishes on the 2nd venture!
FlyRod
Best restaurant in Bryan! Glad its sticking around, and that the rumor I heard of it closing was false.

Looking forward to the taco place, and hoping they are like the ones from the truck!
dgonzo99
Where exactly is Mad Taco going?
toolshed
AG
Well, someone originally reported their thought was the Bank of America building was being demolished and replaced with something. I don't see this happening, especially for a new, independent, local taco shop.

Then they were saying it was going in the grassy area where the ATM drive through is. If that's the case, which I hope not, I guess a requirement of a taco shop is to be on the smallest tract possible, with no parking and congested streets.

But I have no idea where it's going.
FlyRod
Gonzo, at the corner of University and Texas is what I heard, presumably in the new development.
aggiepm
AG
Chef Tai is opening a new restaurant. Paolo's Italian Kitchen on University.

http://maroonweekly.com/chef-tai-open-new-italian-restaurant-college-station
FlyRod
Paging wildmen...
jks08
AG
quote:
Then they were saying it was going in the grassy area where the ATM drive through is. If that's the case, which I hope not, I guess a requirement of a taco shop is to be on the smallest tract possible, with no parking and congested streets.

That is where it's going
halibut sinclair
Church St. BBQ is closing their doors this weekend.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Church St. BBQ is closing their doors this weekend.
SoTXAg09
AG
Are we really that shocked?
halibut sinclair
I ate there once - not shocked at all.

But, summer is hard on businesses around here and whatnot yada yada.
dgonzo99
AT&T, Sprint, and Great Clips are opening stores at Rudder's Landing.
TxAgg07
AG
They aren't closing. It was sold.
Ag2Max
AG
TxAgg07.....are you referencing Church Street BBQ? Will new owner be opening something new? TIA
C XX I
Church St was sold...among other things, they had an outstanding debt of around 4k on their liquor orders, which tends to upset TABC as they can't take taxes until it's paid.

Between this, the recent parking lot purchase, and the rough last few years it's not surprising that they would take an offer to sell. Nothing official has been announced in regard to who/what is taking over.
tnc
Boxcar Kennel is opening a boarding/training facility is on Hwy 60 in Snook. Fourth of July special book 2 days get one free!
wellboriginal
quote:
AT&T, Sprint, and Great Clips are opening stores at Rudder's Landing.

Oh, thank God! I have been unable to find any cellular provider location in this town, nor have I been able to get a haircut!!!!

Now off to search for a bank and a nail salon!
eggdropinn
Does anyone know what the restaurant that is opening off of Tabor road is going to be, used to be Country Skillet and a couple other places since. They have a new sign out. Dates for opening?
redd38
AG
IHOP on University is going through some sort of makeover.
dgonzo99
Actually, I'm very glad about AT&T opening at Rudder's Landing. It is close to work, plus the store on Briarcrest is always packed to the gills. Always a long wait there. I'm not about to criticize the fact that it is opening another store. I'm glad for it. Should do a lot of business.
MiMi
S
quote:
Does anyone know what the restaurant that is opening off of Tabor road is going to be, used to be Country Skillet and a couple other places since. They have a new sign out. Dates for opening?

From page 23:
quote:
Sloppy Joes at Rabbit Ln. and Tabor Rd. Soon.
bcstx06
I think the AT&T store at Rudder's Landing will just be a dealer not an actual AT&T owned store. I don't know if that makes a difference in what can be done in that location.
tb9665
Back to Mad Taco. Went by this morning and they are tearing down part of the drive through at the bank.
dgonzo99
An AT&T dealer at the Mall took care of a problem for me one time. They said that they could do anything that a company owned store could do.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Saw a sign up today directly across from the incoming Saltgrass: another Aggieland Credit Union.

Yay, another bank.
95_Aggie
AG
That sign has been there a couple of years. I don't think they are in any hurry to build.
bushytailed
AG
The sign for Cafe Eccell went up today.
Scruffy
AG
I'm going to be "that guy" and say I saw it up Saturday morning when I went to reedfield
FlyRod
I want to know more about this "Reedfield" you speak of. What new business is this? Do they finely hone field-harvested reeds for musical instruments?
bushytailed
AG
Scruffy, I knew the sign on the building has been up but today was the first time I saw the standing sign by the street. I drive by there at least twice a day. Maybe I'm just too busy texting to have noticed.
Scruffy
AG
I'm gonna find new ways to spell it ; even if I have to invent a new alphabet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.