Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

521,987 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Ate at the new Flip & Peel this week. Outstanding.

What's funny is that no one has talked about the wine based margaritas that Casa Rods, Papa Perez and a lot of others in the town served.

gopitt
It's amazing that guy is still in business. Hope he has paid the college kids he stiffed when his previous businesses went under.
PBR
I doubt he did......
Max06
AG
quote:

What's funny is that no one has talked about the wine based margaritas that Casa Rods, Papa Perez and a lot of others in the town served.

Papa Perez has a full bar/liquor license. I'd bet they have real margaritas.
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:

They dont sell wine based ritas i eat there all the time and watch them make our ritas on the rocks
techno-ag
AG
quote:
It's amazing that guy is still in business. Hope he has paid the college kids he stiffed when his previous businesses went under.

No worries. He paid everybody off & went on to start other sucessful businesses in our community. Entrepreneurs are the heart & soul of America.
gutmancometh
No worries. He paid everybody off & went on to start other sucessful businesses in our community. Entrepreneurs are the heart & soul of America.
FlyRod
quote:

Real margaritas.
DBSwooper
Papa Perez has a liquor license now but they didn't at the beginning.
halibut sinclair
quote:
No worries. He paid everybody off & went on to start other successful businesses in our community. Entrepreneurs are the heart & soul of America.
Square 1? Salad Sculptors? Primo Pizza?
halibut sinclair
quote:

That's because the conversation was about Flip and Peel. Taco Cabana also used to serve wine based margaritas years ago. They were not good either.

4Runnergurl
i am thrilled for charles and wish him all the best with this second location!
CharlieMac
Thanks for the compliments! The wine based ritas are made with Agave Wine.
I make the margarita sweet and sour base myself with fresh lime juice. I have had a few wine based rites that taste terrible also, so I understand people being skeptical.
95_Aggie
AG
Have some extra money laying around?

quote:
Dunkin Donuts is hosting an informational franchising webinar on Wednesday, Sept. 17 from 2 p.m to 3 p.m. Central Time. The company is interested in selling franchises in College Station, Bryan, Killeen, Beaumont, Port Arthur, Marble Falls, Kerrville, Fredericksburg and Liberty. Interested entrepreneurs and restaurant operators can visit this link to register.
bcstx06
It looks like the new Walmart Anchored shopping center in Bryan will end up with less big box retail choices than originally planned. The area where the Academy Sports and Outdoors was supposed to be now looks like it is not a part of the development anymore. Ross & TJ Maxx are now in a building together by themselves.
Website Link
MiMi
S
SmittyK's is now open. Quick, someone go get the Yelp FTR before GregD gets there.
carpe vinum
AG
That slapdick will just create a new entry so he is first.
halibut sinclair
Went to Smitty's last night. Nice place, cold draft beer and lots of tv's. We also have another contender for best burger.
techno-ag
Look Out Below
AG
I also went last night. Don't let the pseudo-out-of-town location fool you. It's worth the time to go and check out. I recommend the mashed potatoes & gravy (had a roasted peanut flavor). The chicken was excellent as well.
tvoiles
Anyone know anything about the new yogurt place on Holleman by Wendy's? In the little center at Holleman and 2818. Looks like "Sweet Frog"....don't see it on their website but they have locations in Palestine and other local towns....
PS3D
Rattler's frozen yogurt offerings, inside. It's actually been there for a few months. Haven't tried it.
eloc62
where is this Smitty's that you speak of? always looking to try a new, good burger.
Max06
AG
Across the highway from The Beer Joint.
dave99ag
AG
Ate there last night. Good food and they satisfied my craft beer needs with Karbach and New Republic. Plenty of TVs to watch the game. Will definitely stop by again.
Rhinos GB
Smitty K's.... Now Dat's Good!
Aggie_3
Any word on when torchys is opening?
Look Out Below
AG
Will be open by 10/15
halibut sinclair
quote:
Any word on when torchys is opening?

WTAW says October 15.
Aggie_3
I hope with the opening of Torchys it will force Fuego to add a second and larger location in town with a better parking lot
fanof3.88
Anyone know what the ground breaking is that's going on at Tabor Rd. and the by-pass? This is on the west side of the by-pass in a triangle shaped lot.
PS3D
quote:
I hope with the opening of Torchys it will force Fuego to add a second and larger location in town with a better parking lot

Maybe. They did open a second location today officially, but in San Marcos.
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:

Yeah its crap to becuase that location is massive compared to here
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Another successful franchise from BCS.
FlyRod
Someone FTR'd Smitty K's on Yelp and it wasn't Greg D! Many trials and tribulations await that brave pioneer!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.