Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

522,132 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
^ No, there's something in restaurant reports about it. Aggieland Tutoring did open last semester at the old CC Creations though.

[This message has been edited by PS3D (edited 1/7/2014 9:51a).]
FlyRod
Sounds like a food delivery service. Those are popping up like mushrooms around here.
aggmaroon
AG
This is the new thread, and it is updated

[This message has been edited by aggmaroon (edited 1/8/2014 10:29a).]
wellboriginal
Recently closed, maybe in the past three weeks (I don't know, I didn't pay it much attention):

the liquor store in that little strip center on South Dowling in Wellborn. Don't remember the name.
Anna Molly
Starbucks on Hwy 6 is supposed to open within the week, per their sign. Also Starbucks on TX/Holleman closed temporarily for a facelift (per the plastic sheeting & construction workers I saw). Overpriced coffee fans, rejoice!
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
Starbucks on Hwy 6 is supposed to open within the week, per their sign. Also Starbucks on TX/Holleman closed temporarily for a facelift (per the plastic sheeting & construction workers I saw). Overpriced bad coffee fans, rejoice!

FIFY

My wife gets Starbucks gift cards as a teacher and since she doesn't like coffee, she gives them to me. And that's the only time I ever go to Starbucks... almost not worth getting even when free.
originaltexan
Yes, the Tutta Pasta location is something related to Mediterranean food.
UmustBKidding
Don't know about la fitness but not in OfficeMax. that space is waiting on building permits for connecting point church
MiMi
S
Boneheads opens on January 15 in the University Town Center (old Ben & Jerry's and It's a Grind).

http://www.facebook.com/#!/BoneheadsCollegeStation
PS3D
Cycles Etc is now closed, windows empty, For Lease sign up.
Tex_Ag2014
still no waffle house
waterchick
quote:
Cycles Etc is now closed, windows empty, For Lease sign up.

Negative. Cycles Etc. is moving to a new space on 2818, in the shopping center across from the Post Office. Opening later this month.
DBSwooper

[This message has been edited by DBSwooper (edited 1/10/2014 7:53p).]
dgonzo99
The Bryan Target is being remodeled. It is being remodeled to have an expanded grocery section.
snick
quote:
The Bryan Target is being remodeled. It is being remodeled to have an expanded grocery section.

Great news if true! It would save me a trip to Kroger or Wally World.
wellboriginal
Starbucks at Rock Prairie and 6 opened today. I used their new drive-thru this morning to see how it would go.

Very friendly person working the drive-thru.
PS3D
A few other notes I'd like to make before updating:
- Café Eccell is closing, as noted in a previous thread
- Kyoto Sushi is now "Kyoto Japanese" (no more sushi), and Logan's On Campus is now "Logie's on Campus", possibly stemming from a lawsuit toward the original Logan's Sixth Street from Logan's Roadhouse (and you thought the Buc-ee's lawsuit was ridiculous)
- Aggie Time to Go is Asian food like sushi and ramen, I checked. They open Friday.
- "Arbano Café" will be at the Lofts.
- Meadowland Road is now "Northpoint Lane", but that's not really a business...
FlyRod
quote:
- Aggie Time to Go is Asian food like sushi and ramen, I checked. They open Friday.

Are you sure they're opening, or is this another "phantom restaurant" like Joy Luck Fusion?
PS3D
I went inside, I talked to the owners, I took a picture of the menu. If it doesn't open by next week, then I will take the listing down.
woodstock
Do any of you know what is going up right across the street from Primerose School?
carpe vinum
AG
Pretty sure that's a new Best Western
woodstock
ah man - I was hoping for a restaurant
jrhmc
AG
I thought Saltgrass was going in across from Primrose but I guess we'll see as it goes up.
95_Aggie
AG
If you do some research on the net you will see that carpe is right. Seems like an odd place for a hotel.

What happened to Saltgrass?
carpe vinum
AG
I think Saltgrass will be more toward the center of the Towerpoint development.

birdman
Shouldn't that be Retention Pond, not Detentition?
fanof3.88
^^ That's what I always thought but now I always see it named detention pond. I thought it was there to store runoff from all the pavement and thus retention. Oh well.
95_Aggie
AG
It's where water goes when it misbehaves.
halibut sinclair
A retention pond is designed to hold a specific amount of water indefinitely. Usually the pond is designed to have drainage leading to another location when the water level gets above the pond capacity, but still maintains a certain capacity.

A detention pond is a low lying area that is designed to temporarily hold a set amount of water while slowly draining to another location. They are more or less around for flood control when large amounts of rain could cause flash flooding if not dealt with properly.
FlyRod
m3prsive
Lot C3 Saltgrass, C4 Best Western Plus
woodstock
yay! I've haven't eaten at Saltgrass before, but I'm excited that we'll have more options out that way.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
Lot C3 Saltgrass

When is the soft opening?
woodstock
I didn't know there was such a thing as a Best Western Plus. I looked on-line and they look nice.?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
"Lot C3 Saltgrass"

Wow. that's going to mean that people exiting from 6 will have a VERY short distance to get into the right lane to make the turn into Arrington. And I mean VERY short.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.