Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

521,994 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
MAlovedphotography
How long do you want to ignore this user?
love it carpe!
techno-ag
AG
Good job, MiMi.
FlyRod
carpe vinum
AG
Thanks Greg.
LastHamlet
AG
Does this "Greg" post on here?
dgonzo99
The Shops At Brazos Valley is being proposed for 186.90 acres next to the Bryan Towne Center where Target is located. It is to be built in 3 phases.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
The Shops At Brazos Valley is being proposed for 186.90 acres next to the Bryan Towne Center where Target is located. It is to be built in 3 phases.

Wasn't that supposed to be the Double Creek development?
dgonzo99
That's what I thought too. I got this info from the SDRC agenda for next week. I really don't know what is supposed to go into the development.
bcstx06
What is the Double Creek Development that you guys are talking about?
techno-ag
AG
quote:

Chunk of land between Bryan Target & West University Dr.
bcstx06
quote:
quote:

Chunk of land between Bryan Target & West University Dr.

Just saw it, was to be a development by Oldham Goodwin. is it not happening now? Looked to be huge! Retail, Office, etc. What business could possibly locate there that we don't already have near by? I would like to see a larger rendering of the plans.
dgonzo99
I would like to see an outlet center. However, the one outside of Houston may be considered too close for that to ever happen here.
FlyRod
El Farolita Mexican Deli on Boonville Road is closed. I haven't checked to see if his Royal Majesty FTR'd it on Yelp, which seems powerfully correlated with a place closing soon after opening.
Max06
AG
Salata is now open, if it hasn't already been posted.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
There is a Battle Royale brewing between Mimi and Greg D. When it happens, I think I shall sell fresh churros and frozen lemonade as part of the concessions for the event.

I will also review the churros and delicious lemonade before the first of either is ever sold, ensuring that I, Fonzus Schematicus, will secure the coveted FTR on my own products.
carpe vinum
AG
One of the early incarnations of this thread (2010?) had the plans for the doublecreek development.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
One of the early incarnations of this thread (2010?) had the plans for the doublecreek development.

You posted a link back in the day, too CV:

http://texags.com/forums/35/topics/1793428
dgonzo99
They must be a little more serious about the development this time. It goes before SDRC next week. Plus, I have seen a lot of activity in the area the last few weeks. Still would like to see an off price shopping center for this area. The bad economy sort of sunk the other development.
Aggie_3
College station would be a prime location for an outlet mall
bcstx06
Well, I can't wait to hear more about this The Shops At Brazos Valley proposal. That piece of land is one of the largest pieces of undeveloped land along highway 6 in the area (if not the largest).
dgonzo99
I believe that the City Of Bryan is going to extend Wildflower Street all the way to University. That will help with the traffic. That is a prime location for retail. Easy access to Bryan and College Station.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I am enjoying a Laredo Taco Company breakfast taco as I type this.

Flour tortillas are thin, which I prefer. That way, the tortilla doesn't dominate the flavor. Red and green salsas are made in house. Red is a little tart, but still good. Green tomatillo is very tasty. Friendly staff and the cost with a drink was less than $5 for two tacos and some add-ons. For a chain, not bad at all.

Shameless, self-awarded myBCS FTR!
FlyRod
Drewmeister
AG
quote:
El Farolita Mexican Deli on Boonville Road is closed.
That's too bad; I really liked that place. I guess the poor location did it in.

Looks like I'll have to get my torta fix at Raspas El Payasito now...
texasaggie04
AG
I'm also sad to hear about that closing. Loved their food. Location wasn't good though. It had to be a destination for lunch, not an easy stop.
OnlyANobody
Kolache Rolf's in the Bryan Kroger center has their exterior sign up and signs in the window say "opening Monday"
Scruffy
AG
Taqueria Potosino is back on northgate Friday and Saturday nights 10ish to 2-3am.

Great tacos and tortas.
I forget their "permanent" restaurant name, but it's off of hwy21 in Bryan.
FlyRod
Apparently "The Century Tree" is now open for business.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-century-tree-college-station
carpe vinum
AG
A Sleep Inn hotel is slated for Graham Rd behind the new La Quinta.
toolshed
AG
quote:
Apparently "The Century Tree" is now open for business.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-century-tree-college-station

"Indeed!"
meezermom
Really, throwing up that ugly-ass La Quinta isn't bad enough, now we need a Sleep Inn next door?!
PS3D
Do you live behind it?
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
El Farolita Mexican Deli on Boonville Road is closed. I haven't checked to see if his Royal Majesty FTR'd it on Yelp, which seems powerfully correlated with a place closing soon after opening.

I know the owners. They didn't close for lack of business. They closed due to personal reasons.
Kate Beckett
AG
Has anyone tried the Smashburger on campus yet? Curious to see how it tastes.
C XX I
Smashburger on campus: Food's fine - service and execution are lacking but I expect them to get better.

They're having serious problems with getting the food out to tables. The staff just wanders around looking for the corresponding number, despite it being clear that the room was set up to walk down one aisle and then back up the other. There's only one trashcan and students aren't sure if you're supposed to bus your own table or not - next door at Lime you're not supposed to, and the trashcan in Smash fills up very quickly and is seemingly never emptied. Employees are having a hard time getting the menus back to the entrance, leading to people waiting to pick out their food when they're placing the order. The slowness in getting food out (tables sit full longer) and bussing tables/trash (tables sit with trash after guests leave), along with the menus not returning to the top of the line (slower ordering) is leading to very long lines. Some of that is just the newness of the restaurant leading to crowds, but it's not being handled well.

Only complaint with the food was that the buns were cold the first time (room temp the second time), much like the cold tortillas I keep getting at Lime (even when I ask them to toss them on the grill), so we'll see there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.