Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2014)

522,013 Views | 1743 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ooshwa
MAlovedphotography
How long do you want to ignore this user?
second flip and peel location isnt a rumor, its legit
ZondoAggie
AG
I would LOVE CS to get a Zoe's Kitchen!
PS3D
Bryan P&Z link doesn't seem to work anymore. F&P added to list.
carpe vinum
AG
http://www.bryantx.gov/planning-and-development-services/#planningagendas
m3prsive
Have seen a few Antone's Sub vans running around town. Coming here?
dgonzo99
PS3D, you have to go to the archive meetings to get the current Site Development and P&Z meetings.
PS3D
Updated list. By the way, what's the progress on Saltgrass? I imagine that Torchy's will open and do a test run in late summer (before students, but don't worry, the lines will be out the door) as to prep for the football season (where they'll do great) but Saltgrass doesn't look like it will be open in time for football season, unless something has significantly changed since the last time I looked.
carpe vinum
AG
Saltgrass will be dried in in a couple weeks
ratfacemcdougal
I picked up an Antone's (YUM) at the 21/Texas HEB Tuesday
PS3D
quote:
PS3D, you have to go to the archive meetings to get the current Site Development and P&Z meetings.

I found it. Seems the Exxon wants to expand to another building with more retail, but it's Exxon and not Rudder's Landing.
dgonzo99
You asked a while back when Chicks would be rebranded Stripes. I was told that they are going to do it, but aren't in a hurry to do it for some reason. Do you know what is being built at the corner of Turkey Creek Road and 2818?
toolshed
AG
Chicks is starting a remodel soon, adding the Laredo Taco counter where the yogurt machines are as well as adding a blue stripe to the exterior of the building. Not sure about signage. Cups and other products inside are already changed over to the Stripes branding.

2818 and Turkey Creek is a new facility for We Rent It, I believe.
AggieWife2008
S
I am connected on LinkedIn with the manager for Saltgrass in CS. He commented saying they are due to open at the end of August.
ZondoAggie
AG
I haven't lived in CS for a while and visited recently and noticed Sully's was closed. Did it move or is it permanently closed?
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I haven't lived in CS for a while and visited recently and noticed Sully's was closed. Did it move or is it permanently closed?

It's gone. Torchy's Tacos will move in there for the fall.
nanaof4
Anyone know what might be going on at the corner of Fm 158 and Copperfield across from Valero? I noticed the for sale sign inst there anymore.
PS3D
- Game Time Pizza was planning to open this month, but their Facebook page disappeared. Any Wellborigines know what happened? Did it actually open?

- "2 Bar & Bistro" looks like it's moving forward. Nothing on CoCS's New Development website, but it filed with the TABC, and Loupot's is completely gutted.

- I heard that Duke's changed hands and renamed, but the sign still is up. Anyone know when that's "officially" happening? Twitter mentioned "changes over the summer", but I don't know beyond that.
Ronnie Gardocki
quote:
- Game Time Pizza was planning to open this month, but their Facebook page disappeared. Any Wellborigines know what happened? Did it actually open?.

I had forgot all about this place.

[This message has been edited by Ronnie Gardocki (edited 6/26/2014 11:11a).]
SchnauzerMom
Game Time was supposed to open on 6/20. I called because we wanted to pick a pizza up; however, their tables did not get delivered. He (I'm assuming the owner) said they would be open this week. I haven't called or stopped to check to see if they were able to open yet.
dgonzo99
I believe an office complex is going in at the corner of Copperfield and FM158. Looks like someone has bought the old donut place that was briefly a restaurant near there. The building is being redone.
wellboriginal
GameTime had some activity on Saturday when I was over at that store. They had people working on getting things put together on the inside, but I didn't notice any signs that had an opening date.
Jrod_2002
AG
quote:
Anyone know what might be going on at the corner of Fm 158 and Copperfield across from Valero? I noticed the for sale sign inst there anymore.

Reliable source has told me the vacant lot across from Valero will be a Stripes. In addition to rebranding Chick's, they plan to build 3-6 more locations within the area.
PS3D
Anyone know what happened to those Dunkin Donuts we were supposed to get? Heard one was supposed to open at Rudder's Landing (rumors) but guess not. That's cool on the Stripes rumor, I wonder where they'll end up going.
carpe vinum
AG
I seem to recall they wanted to be at the Wellborn/Fitch intersection.
PS3D
Yeah, I remember reading that on CS's New Development list too but I don't know if Stripes wants to still pursue that.

[This message has been edited by PS3D (edited 6/26/2014 2:19p).]
Anna Molly
Wait...Dunkin Donuts at Wellborn & Fitch? There's nothing over there. It would make more sense to be at Fitch & 6 or Ruuder's Landing.
C XX I
2 Bar & Bistro is moving at a snail's pace. The rumor among bar owners and employees is that financing is not going well.

Duke's now belongs, mostly, to the owners of the Tap. The stated goal is to focus on live music. They said they planed to open a few weeks back, but had issues getting their internet and POS set up. I'm unsure when they next expect to open.

Expect some serious changes to Logans/Logies in the future.

Quite a few bars on NG have had some serious senior management reorganization in the past few months, but none of that has affected ownership.
dgonzo99
Chicks(Stripes) would do good in any location in BCS. I'm there between 6:30 and 7:00 in the morning every day. There is always lines at the registers. The manager in the restaurant told me one time that they sell around 100 hamburgers at lunch. The banana pudding and cheesecake are great! The original owner I think is still associated with the store from what I gathered from talking to the new owners.
PS3D
quote:
Wait...Dunkin Donuts at Wellborn & Fitch? There's nothing over there. It would make more sense to be at Fitch & 6 or Ruuder's Landing.

Chicks/Stripes, not DD.

quote:
2 Bar & Bistro is moving at a snail's pace. The rumor among bar owners and employees is that financing is not going well.

They'll probably miss football season then (but barring some sort of disaster, Torchy's and Saltgrass will open).

quote:
Expect some serious changes to Logans/Logies in the future.

I'd like to see it become a restaurant again. Can't believe I missed Texadelphia.

dgonzo99
I miss Texadelphia.
Spyderman
AG
Where is the Waffle House going to be??
FlyRod
I heard next to Gold's Gym.
dgonzo99
http://www.veooz.com/news/UH2KZ7g.html
Claims Waffle House isn't coming. However, how many times did Cracker Barrel deny that they would ever build here?

[This message has been edited by dgonzo99 (edited 6/26/2014 8:01p).]
9dag
AG
Anyone know about the remodel on Boonville of the Copper Cup location?
dgonzo99
A Mediterranean restaurant is going in the shopping center in Bryan where La Riviera is located.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.